PDA

View Full Version : Backing up & Resetting finished maps

Assassin
October 9th, 2021, 11:59
I just finished making the first map for my campaign. I have added all the things like occluders, light sources, etc. and I have two questions now.

1. I run the same campaign for two groups - how do I copy this map to the other campaign now?
2. Is there an easy way to "reset" the map to the current state after players have gone through it, in case I want to use again in the future? If not, how do I back up the current state so I can go back to it later?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: Bonus unimportant funny third question for people who might know: Why does a level barbarian get to pick an antimatter rifle as starting equipment in the character wizard (modules loaded are phb and dmg - players)?

Zacchaeus
October 9th, 2021, 12:28
Welcome to FGU.

You can export your map to a module - details here, https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640899/Using+the+Library+and+Activating+Modules#Module-Export and in one of the videos linked here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42440-Tutorial-Video-Series

As for the Barbarian you will get the option to select any weapon or equipment from whatever modules you have loaded. Since the DMG contains optional equipment then it will appear as selectable.

Assassin
October 9th, 2021, 12:38
Thanks for the links! So I guess players shouldnt load modules other than the phb during character creation then? Do you know why it only happens for barbarians? The starting equipment choice for other characters is fine.

Zacchaeus
October 9th, 2021, 16:17
No, the players can have any modules that you make available open. Players will only see what is available in those modules. When you create a character as a DM and you have modules open then you will see anything that is available in those modules (including stuff that isn't in the players versions - such as magic items etc). The DMG Players module does contain a variety of modern and other very optional weapons so unless you want them to be available then don't share the DMG Players with your players (click the green tick to make it a red cross in the module activation screen). The DMG Players module isn't actually needed for the classes and races that are in it since all of those have been expanded upon and released in other modules such as Xanathar's Guide, Volo's Guide and other similar modules. So bottom line is it is down to you as DM to decide what the players options are when creating characters and enable only those modules that contain what you want them to have.