PDA

View Full Version : Can't download in Steam

JonDymond
October 9th, 2021, 10:05
Hi all,

If I try to download the PHB from Steam (I have cash in my wallet so want to use Steam if possible), I get this error and Steam prevents the download:

"Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy 'Fantasy Grounds - D&D Player's Handbook' which requires ownership of 'Fantasy Grounds Classic'. Please correct the error and try again."

I have a subscription to FG Unity from the FG site and I have linked my Steam account. How do I get Steam to recognize my license and allow me to buy content?

Thanks all.

damned
October 9th, 2021, 10:10
Welcome JonDymond

Go to https://support.fantasygrounds.com and provide them with as much info as you can and they will advise you what to do.

JonDymond
October 9th, 2021, 11:44
Done - thanks for the pointer. Fingers crossed :)

Zacchaeus
October 9th, 2021, 11:45
You will need to activate your license on Steam. Go to the Steam library and click on the Games drop-down at the top left and then select 'Activate a product on Steam'. Add your license key into the box and that will add FGU to your Steam account. You can then purchase DLC from Steam.

Now there's a couple of possible issues. First Smiteworks only send keys to Steam every few weeks and so your key might not yet have been sent if you bought it recently. And also I'm not all that sure whether subscription keys can be added to Steam at all.

JonDymond
October 9th, 2021, 12:21
You will need to activate your license on Steam. Go to the Steam library and click on the Games drop-down at the top left and then select 'Activate a product on Steam'. Add your license key into the box and that will add FGU to your Steam account. You can then purchase DLC from Steam.

Now there's a couple of possible issues. First Smiteworks only send keys to Steam every few weeks and so your key might not yet have been sent if you bought it recently. And also I'm not all that sure whether subscription keys can be added to Steam at all.

Thanks for the idea - I tried this when I first subscribed but it is an "Invalid Code" so maybe it's because it is a sub as you say :(

damned
October 9th, 2021, 22:10
Subs are sent but it only happens every 4-6 weeks.