PDA

View Full Version : I want to GM, GMT-8, 10pm, read post for rules choices

tholaday
August 28th, 2007, 21:25
I am an experienced game master with more than a passing knowledge of the following game systems (list below). I want to try out my new FG II license and get some roleplaying in on a weeknight. I am open just about any night after 10, though Fridays/Saturdays would not be the best choice for me. I would like 3-4 players, ideally. Will work with as few as 2 or as many as 6.

D&D 3.5 (not Forgotten Realms/probably either generic or XCrawl)
D&D classic (Old School Basic + Expert Rules Encyclopedia!)
D&D 1st edition (Osric?)
Omega World (Polyhedron d20 variant, riff on Gamma World)
Don't Rest Your Head
Polaris
Beat the Clock
Prime Time Adventures
Call of Cthulhu
Donjon
Spirit of the Century (or any Fate 2.0 or 3.0 game)
InSpectres
Shadow of Yesterday
Dust Devils
Inspectres
GURPS Prime Directive

Additionally, I would be interested in the any of the following fantasy worlds, though not necessarily with any rules sets they might already be associated with. This list is not exclusive, I would be quite happy to pick a genre and develop a game on it, I just thought I'd throw these established worlds into the mix.

Freeport
Deadlands
Necromunda or Mordheim (always wanted to run an RPG in one of these two!)

I like to run short campaign seasons, 3-12 sessions. That way we can switch if it gets dull or kick off a sequel if things are clicking.

I know that's a lot of choice, but I want to open myself up to possibilities. Any takers?

Pheonix-IV
August 29th, 2007, 00:43
I'm interested. 10 PM at GMT-8 equals 4pm the next day for me, which is doable for me most of the time.
I don't have a huge amount of experience with DnD, but i am pretty quick to learn and i've got alot of experience with text Roleplaying, so i know how to write as well.

tholaday
August 29th, 2007, 04:51
That would be great. I could even wait to start until 11:00 my time (5:00 pm yours) if that would help. Experience is not that big of an issue. Once you make your character in D&D, most everything you need is going to be right on your character sheet or in the spell reference. I assume that D&D would be your preference out of the above choices?

Now we just wait for other Californians, Australians, or someone in between to join us.

P.S. I had a blue heeler / Australian Cattle Dog for years. Man I miss that dog!

Pheonix-IV
August 29th, 2007, 11:03
I don't mind what we play, i havn't yet gotten enough experience to start building likes and dislikes amongst the various rulesets and i'm happy to work with any of them if pointed in the right direction.

Tokuriku
August 29th, 2007, 23:21
I'd be interested in a game, but it may well just be that I'm spreading myself a little thin with my schedule. But if you are willing to take a player that "may" drop out due to an overbooked schedule, then I'm in.

I'd be able to play on the times you mentioned above but not on your tuesdays. I have more experience as a game master then a player but I'm really searching to expand my experience in that area. D&D would be good for me.

I live in Japan so I'm at +9 GMT wich puts me at about the same time then Pheonix-IV. There is no summer time in Japan BTW.

libertad
September 2nd, 2007, 03:18
California here... i would really be interested in a Friday/Saturday night D20 Modern game. Never played it before but seems like it could be fun...

tholaday
September 2nd, 2007, 17:52
I used to own d20 modern and wanted to use it for an urban fantasy or PA game. I don't own that rules set anymore, though, so d20 modern is probably out. Note that it's not on the pretty extensive list or rules sets above. (It's the typical scenario in our society that no matter how much choice people are presented with ... myself included ... they/I always want something "off the menu.")

The only exception I will mention is the Omega World d20 hack that appeared in Polyhedron Mag. I always wanted to run that for a short campaign arc. It's OOP, I believe, but I can get a scan of the article for you IF it's not for sale at Paizo.com.