PDA

View Full Version : New.. D:

Volgure
August 28th, 2007, 20:25
I just got FG not long ago, and I wanna get into DM'ing but its my first time. Pretty much gonna get all my friends goof around and have Modern RP (Zombie apocolypses, Vampire Masquerade, Silent Hill like stuff) but I really dont know how to do all of this really lol ^^; I've never used an online DnD / P&P game. I'd like to know how to make monsters and where I can find City maps, sadly I'm blank on both. Can anyone help a newbie like me? :D?

GoOrange
August 31st, 2007, 17:36
You can make monsters by opening up the personalities button on the right hand side of your screen (when logged in as the GM). When the personalities window pops up, right click on the empty area and select "create item" . This will bring up a blank NPC sheet where you can fill in statistics for your NPC or monster.

There are lots of places to find maps. Any image file will work. Try a search on google images. You can also scan things to images and use those. There are lots of websites that have user created maps for free, like RPGMapshare and the Dundjinni forums. If you want to buy some really nice maps, check out Four Ugly Monsters or some of the map sets available on RPGNow.

When you find an image you like and want to use it for a map, stick it in your Fantasy Grounds Application data folder ->campaigns -> (campaign you want to use the map in) -> images subfolder.