PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Fonts

Valarian
August 28th, 2007, 09:10
Could we have a list of the fonts used, and the font sizes, for each of the .fgf font files? It'd be useful to know what sizes the various fonts are when converting fonts for our own rulesets.

Valarian
September 2nd, 2007, 13:04
Pretty please!

Griogre
September 3rd, 2007, 03:17
Pretty sure they said they use a proprietary font.

Valarian
September 3rd, 2007, 08:26
I'm more interested in the sizes and the style of font so that I can pick comparable sized fonts when creating my own. This is so, when creating my own fonts, the character sheet isn't filled with a larger font size. I've done one for the standard text, but this was a bit hit and miss trying to find the right font size. The font name or family would allow me to pick comparably sized TTF fonts. Not all fonts of a particular point size are equal in size.

Foen
September 4th, 2007, 06:31
Have you tried putting a scan of the font through 'WhatTheFont'?

As an aside, I'm pretty sure I used Comic Sans (yuck, I hate that font!) to get a reasonable match when I changed the tabs on character sheets for a CoC ruleset in FG1.

Stuart
(Foen)

po4emu4man
November 22nd, 2008, 22:58
Anybody know what's the name of font in D&D charsheet of FG 2?
I need it to use in FGFontGenerator and to have ability see another then English language.
Thx for help! I realy need it!

Foen
November 23rd, 2008, 05:37
Hi po4emu4man, and welcome to the forums!

I don't think the fonts have ever been named (I've not seen them on this forum), but if you are using FGFontGenerator anyway, you could choose any font of a similar size.

To get them to replace the d20 fonts, you need to create a custom ruleset. This is easier than it might sound: extract the d20 ruleset by running d20unpak (which is in the FG2 program files folder), rename the unpacked ruleset (which will now be in an examples folder in the application data directory) from 'd20' to 'myd20', and then move the myd20 folder from examples to rulesets.

Once you have your own ruleset, you can replace the font files in myd20/fonts with your own versions. The fonts don't need to be the same typeface, you can just use the same file names for your replacement fonts.

The ones most often used in FG character sheets are sheetnumber, sheetlabel, sheettext and title (plus their variants, such as sheettextsmall).

Hope that helps, but please shout if I can be of more help.

Foen