PDA

View Full Version : Lfp thurs 6p est tales from the yawning portal

KliquidK
October 1st, 2021, 15:09
Greetings, we are looking for 1 player to join a dnd5e campaign "Tales from the Yawning Portal" in progress at level 5.
We use FGU, Discord, and syrinscape. Some of the games are recorded and put on youtube.

The game takes place on Thursdays 6-10PM EST/EDT, average 2-3 times a month (the weeks that I am able to run the game varies due to my sporadic work schedule), the next game will be 10/7, and we are playing Tales from the Yawning Portal (presently starting the 3rd adventure in the series. I am running two parallel groups through the same campaign; and keeping a small 4 person party size each. I have recorded games from both groups here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo1J...uvFnHykf7iyG6r

The "Forge of Fury" adventure is the Thursday group, which just had a member drop out.

My priority is to find a player that is a good fit, and preference will be given to roleplay-driven players. The Thursday group is good-aligned and very roleplay and narrative heavy; we do a lot of character development and we very rooted in and honor FR setting and lore. We are looking to find someone likeminded. The group is in desperate need of a tanky character, but that is not an absolute requirement, as well as someone with good leadership skills and wants to play a character that will eventually settle into a leadership role. If you're still interested, please let me know what your character concept is.

If interested, please post below or private message me and answer the following questions:

1. What is your experience with 5e and with fantasy grounds?
2. Rank in order of importance to you as a player: combat & character building, roleplaying, exploration & world immersion
3. Will you be able to commit to most games, and are you ok with sporadic schedule? (2-3 Thursday a month, varies)

4. A rumor is spreading like wildfire that a mysterious book of astronomical power and great evil, called the Historiophage, which was unearthed from Undermountain a century ago, has awoken and unleashed a powerful curse upon the realms, eradicating famous stories from the past from everyone's collective consciousness. Epic stories of great heroism and high adventure are spontaneously being forgotten as if they had never been written! Academics argue that power of this caliber, either enough to change the past or to alter the memories of hundreds of thousands could portent a realm changing event, such as another Spellplague. Durnan, the proprietor of the Yawning Portal Inn in Waterdeep, is said to be the man who discovered the nature of this curse, and, sponsored directly by the Masked Lords and Waterdavian Council, had put out a call for adventurers two weeks ago to aid in uncovering the nature of the curse with promises of great rewards. You hear that an adventuring party that answered the call has claimed quite a bit of renown by diving into pocket dimensions created by books cursed by the Historiophage and reliving these stories, and thus, brining them back into our collective knowledge. It was rumored that hundreds of would-be adventurers applied, but most were turned away.

Meanwhile...

Your character has just been captured by "The Red Hand!" They are a clandestine group of assassins for hire who have base their operations along the sword coast from Luskin to Waterdeep. They operate in total secrecy, and offer discreet services to only the wealthiest and best connected nobles. They do not use names, have no permanent bases, nor do they make known their hierarchy or leadership structure, and only a handful of powerful persons know they exist and how to contact them. Your character has known about and been chasing this organization for years and come to some privileged information: the leader of The Red Hand is someone named "Maelis the Scion," a mad wizard interested in dangerous monsters and rare ingredients from every corner of Faerun to conduct dark experiments, which he funds with the gold obtained from these assassinations. You chase your leads to Waterdeep, where you believe Maelis the Scion is conducting his operations. However, not soon after you arrive into the city, during your first night at the inn, you awaken to a nauseated feeling in your stomach, unable to move your body, as you see several veiled assassins in your room securing the exits and rummaging through your belongings. You are unable to move or speak. One of the assassins leans over to you and whispers in a raspy voice,

"Don't try to move. That dart in your neck carries a paralytic poison. The more you struggle, the quicker you will suffocate. I don't know how you heard the name Maelis the Scion, but you will regret ever repeating it. Oh, if you're wondering, I'm not going to kill you. Nay. I'm the djinni that's going to grant you your wish. You're going to meet Maelis. And then... you're going to wish I did kill you!"

Please describe who your character is and how your character came to be in this situation.

5. What is your Discord ID? you may send through PM if you wish.