PDA

View Full Version : Players can guess location of hidden creatures

spoonhead
October 1st, 2021, 07:47
My players in my campaign last night when they moved the mouse around the map, were able to roughly know where hidden creatures were, as their label showed up as the mouse hovered on their location.

I have been able to recreate the problem with a clean campaign using 5e ruleset, the latest FGU, no extensions.

Both players and creatures were dropped onto the map from the CT. Picture shows player view, but the mouse pointer was not captured.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49338&stc=1&d=1633071070

spoonhead
October 1st, 2021, 07:56
Here's the GM view

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49339&stc=1&d=1633071340

Zacchaeus
October 1st, 2021, 08:42
I can't reproduce this. On your first image I don't see any NPCs on the Combat Tracker.

spoonhead
October 1st, 2021, 09:08
I can't reproduce this. On your first image I don't see any NPCs on the Combat Tracker.

That's because the NPCs are still hidden, the player wouldn't see them on the CT would they?

HywelPhillips
October 1st, 2021, 09:14
We had this on our game this week too. Tooltip NPC names popped up when mouse was over the location of the NPC, even when the NPC was hidden in the combat tracker.

As a workaround I switched to showing the names a different way via options, but it is definitely a new bug. I was running a ton of extensions so hadn’t narrowed it down enough to report yet but can confirm we saw it too.

Cheers, Hywel

spoonhead
October 1st, 2021, 09:18
I tend to have all NPC unidentified in the CT as the default, so last night it was just Argghh Monster in the tooltip. And it didn't identify their size.

Zacchaeus
October 1st, 2021, 09:53
Ok, I did a more careful test and yes I can now reproduce this.

Carlos
October 6th, 2021, 02:38
Likewise. We ran into this tonight. The alternative of disabling the tooltips is less than optimal. The DM just removed everything from the map. We have LOS enabled in the map.

Zacchaeus
October 6th, 2021, 09:19
The devs are aware of this.

Moon Wizard
October 6th, 2021, 17:03
A new release was just pushed this morning (v4.1.10), which should address this issue.

Regards,
JPG