PDA

View Full Version : Pin shared but story entry not opening

Klandare
September 29th, 2021, 19:00
This is in a 5E campaign.

I am not sure if this is a behavior that has changed (as I do not remember it happening before in Classic and I thought it didn't have any issues either in FGU).

But the other night I put some pins on an image which is shared out to players. It is basically a mission board and then pins beside each listed item which the players can click on to get more information.

They see the image and also see the shared pins; but if they click on them nothing would open. I had to also go in and share each of the story entries for the pins to open up.

I do not remember this being the behavior before. Is it supposed to be working this way?

Thanks.

Sulimo
September 29th, 2021, 19:11
I believe you also need to share the Stories that the pins represent with the players as well.

So, Share Map, Share Pins, Share Story entries that the Pins come from.

Zacchaeus
September 29th, 2021, 19:51
Indeed. You need to also share whatever the pin is linked to in order for a shared pin to be useable by players.

Nylanfs
September 30th, 2021, 01:08
OR, now hear me out, Don't share the info and let your player's paranoia do all the campaign planning for you. :D

Klandare
September 30th, 2021, 01:22
OR, now hear me out, Don't share the info and let your player's paranoia do all the campaign planning for you. :D

Nah. My party is already paranoid enough due to my actions (they think EVERYTHING is a mimic).

And since the shared pins are the different available missions from a mission board; need them to be able to get the info on them for choosing (and that way they can open them and see what they wont without me having to constantly repeating info from them).

Thank you for the info Zacchaeus. Was it also this way in FG Classic? I just don't seem to remember it that way but I didn't share as many pins back then.

Nylanfs
September 30th, 2021, 02:05

Zacchaeus
September 30th, 2021, 08:56
Nah. My party is already paranoid enough due to my actions (they think EVERYTHING is a mimic).

And since the shared pins are the different available missions from a mission board; need them to be able to get the info on them for choosing (and that way they can open them and see what they wont without me having to constantly repeating info from them).

Thank you for the info Zacchaeus. Was it also this way in FG Classic? I just don't seem to remember it that way but I didn't share as many pins back then.

Yes, Classic was the same.