PDA

View Full Version : Any updates?

Musaab
September 27th, 2021, 20:04
It seems like all communication has ceased. No weekly updates for a long time. What's going on with Conan on FG?

Jonin
October 6th, 2021, 01:31
Seems like it's dead. Such a shame.

damned
October 6th, 2021, 05:20
There is no promise of weekly updates.

kessler25
October 6th, 2021, 15:00
Nerd Eye Industries who worked the 2d20 Conan ruleset isn't the most talkative bunch. For all intents, they seem pretty done with Conan as their focus now is in getting the Star Trek Adventures set out. Which is going on a year and a half now. They did create an extension to turn the FGU text sidebar into the old Conan visual sidebar, but you have to go to their forum to get it.

Musaab
October 6th, 2021, 16:39
They mentioned they were working on new content "coming soon" a while ago then disappeared. Maybe Nerd Eye isn't the best choice for Conan.

Moon Wizard
October 6th, 2021, 17:07
The current developers for Conan are provided by the publisher; so any feedback should be directed that way as we have no control over who they have chosen.

Regards,
JPG

Musaab
October 11th, 2021, 10:33
Maybe they need to change developers then.

Moon Wizard
October 11th, 2021, 16:06
If you would like to give feedback to the publisher about the developer they chose, you'll have to reach out to them directly since it's not something that is within our control.

Regards,
JPG

statik37
October 15th, 2021, 11:00
No, Conan is not dead. Yes, we have been focused on STA, but we are not stopping with Conan. There are no issues at the moment, but we are still working to make it better. We are a small group trying to do the best we can. I am sorry we are not as expedient as you wish we were, but I promise we are trying our best.

Musaab
October 16th, 2021, 08:40
I'm sorry to say you guys seem unable to handle the workload you have taken on.

damned
October 16th, 2021, 10:01
I'm sorry to say you guys seem unable to handle the workload you have taken on.

Musaab Ill wager you do not understand the complexity or the time involved in producing a full ruleset.

Musaab
October 16th, 2021, 10:03
Let's say you're right. Look at other rulesets on FG. Pumping out tons of content and updates. And then look at Nerd Eye. A tiny group taking on multiple projects. Doesn't exactly seem like a good idea. Perhaps this is not totally related, but I am a software dev who works on very large corporate projects in the healthcare, insurance, and banking sectors. I have a bit of an idea of how it is to work on large, complex projects.

damned
October 16th, 2021, 14:24
Let's say you're right. Look at other rulesets on FG. Pumping out tons of content and updates. And then look at Nerd Eye. A tiny group taking on multiple projects. Doesn't exactly seem like a good idea. Perhaps this is not totally related, but I am a software dev who works on very large corporate projects in the healthcare, insurance, and banking sectors. I have a bit of an idea of how it is to work on large, complex projects.

Your budget on one of these projects might be bigger than the budget of the entire SmiteWorks operation. The volume of sales on any of these rulesets barring 5E and maybe one or two others is not sufficient to do as a full time gig. They are largely done part time by enthusiasts. Often a ruleset will take some multiple of 100 hours and then you have the content to convert also. Everyone is keen to see these games released but the reality is they take considerable effort to produce and they dont make a lot of money and there is not a long queue of developers ready to take on projects and see them all the way through.

Santyagoffg
October 16th, 2021, 19:08
Your budget on one of these projects might be bigger than the budget of the entire SmiteWorks operation. The volume of sales on any of these rulesets barring 5E and maybe one or two others is not sufficient to do as a full time gig. They are largely done part time by enthusiasts. Often a ruleset will take some multiple of 100 hours and then you have the content to convert also. Everyone is keen to see these games released but the reality is they take considerable effort to produce and they dont make a lot of money and there is not a long queue of developers ready to take on projects and see them all the way through.

You are right. However this is not enthusiastic project that everybody can download for free. It is one of the most expensive ruleset on FG. And maybe people don't want spending money on it because it works ugly and there aren't any additional content. I suppose that if Nard Eye will finish ruleset and publish some add-ons they will start earning money. So far people who buy Conan are disappointed and even irritating.

vegaserik
October 17th, 2021, 21:40
The problem here is that it IS an expensive ruleset that has been out for a year and a half and is UNFINISHED. There's no art in the reference manual. In fact NONE of the art is included yet. It's a VERY barebones reference manual. Better ones are included in free products.

Musaab
October 25th, 2021, 18:21
Exactly. They moved on to STA without even finishing the basics of Conan. And I believe I read somewhere that they only took Conan on to get a chance to do Star Wars one, which is what they are really fans of, not Conan. That's why they didn't really do it justice.

Valyar
April 1st, 2022, 16:21
So what the last update actually delivered?

Musaab
May 8th, 2022, 14:17
As you can see...nothing has changed.

Valyar
November 26th, 2022, 14:12
Any movement around this ruleset and content? It is not like there no volunteers to do work ;)

kessler25
November 26th, 2022, 15:52
Here's hoping that since all the other 2d20 rulesets are getting some love, someone can circle back to Conan now that the original guys are out. I mean, we finally got Star Trek!

Valyar
November 26th, 2022, 16:14
Unfortunately, Star Treck is no my cup of tea... I guess Foundry will continue to serve my group in yet another system. :(

Jiminimonka
November 26th, 2022, 16:28
Unfortunately, Star Treck is no my cup of tea... I guess Foundry will continue to serve my group in yet another system. :(

Star Trek?

Valyar
November 26th, 2022, 16:35
This is more reply to the previous user. :) Forgot to use the quote tool.

kessler25
November 27th, 2022, 17:10
I brought up Star Trek because the same team that "brought" us Conan was supposed to bring us Star Trek. But they fell to the wayside, we got Star Trek through other means so maybe...

vegaserik
November 27th, 2022, 22:46
It sounded like they were going to rework Conan but I haven't heard anything concrete. It's alot of work to do a revamp like this, but I've got my fingers crossed.

SEGApostle
December 2nd, 2022, 19:06
So with Modiphius losing the license, is this project dead now?

danman71
December 2nd, 2022, 20:16

Very disappointing if so.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2022, 22:43
Unfortunately I would imagine so as I doubt Modiphius would be able to sell anything with from the Conan license after June 30th, 2023.

jharp
December 3rd, 2022, 00:39
Does the Conan license change affect SW/FGU? Edit: Or more precisely my ownership/usage of the FGU module?
Jason

jharp
December 3rd, 2022, 00:42
Also it seems that https://nerdeyeindustries.com/ is no longer SSL capable so maybe they are no longer around....

Valyar
December 3rd, 2022, 01:10
Does the Conan license change affect SW/FGU? Edit: Or more precisely my ownership/usage of the FGU module?
Jason

I think if you have the module, you will continue to own it and use it after end of sale, but new copies won't be available anymore from SW/Steam store.

vegaserik
December 3rd, 2022, 08:17
Also it seems that https://nerdeyeindustries.com/ is no longer SSL capable so maybe they are no longer around....

They aren't. Smiteworks took over their stuff and released Dune, Fallout, and Star Trek.