PDA

View Full Version : Pregen Characters?

GoOrange
August 27th, 2007, 16:41
Is it possible to create characters available for play when players log in?

When a player connects to my game, will he see the PC's I've created for that campaign on the character selection menu?

Kalan
August 27th, 2007, 16:46
They'll see any characters you make within the campaign you're using (ie: boot up the campaign you'll be using, and key in the characters). Local Mode characters won't show up.

GoOrange
August 27th, 2007, 17:15
Got it - thanks!

richvalle
August 27th, 2007, 18:44
You might need to clear out who they belong too. i.e if you create them as DM I think you'll be the only one who sees them. If you right click on each one you can remove who the character is locked too so everyone can see them.

rv

Kalan
August 27th, 2007, 19:15
You might need to clear out who they belong too. i.e if you create them as DM I think you'll be the only one who sees them. If you right click on each one you can remove who the character is locked too so everyone can see them.

rv

Actually if the DM creates them - everyone can see them ;) This is how I've done all the pregens in all my campaigns :)

The only time they become assigned - is when a player selects them, not the GM :)

Griogre
August 27th, 2007, 19:57
If you are running more than one session you will need to clear the pregens owners everytime so each session of players can see them.

richvalle
August 27th, 2007, 21:09
Actually if the DM creates them - everyone can see them ;) This is how I've done all the pregens in all my campaigns :)

The only time they become assigned - is when a player selects them, not the GM :)

Ahh, thanks Kalan. I wasn't sure about that.

rv