PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds One Shots

VenomousFiligree
August 26th, 2007, 11:23
Anyone wanting to try out Savage Worlds at this (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=16&year=2007&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=136) time (date to be arranged), post here!

glacius
August 30th, 2007, 20:58
I do
definately sign me up

dreign
August 31st, 2007, 03:29
Please let me know when and where. I have wanted to try this game for awhile sounds fun

Thanks

VenomousFiligree
August 31st, 2007, 14:57
OK what days work best, and any particular setting?

MB

dreign
September 2nd, 2007, 06:09
For me it is Sunday start as early as 6pm until whenever. I can usually make time during the week (mon - thur) after 7 pm.

Thanks hope I can make the game.

As for setting in doesn't matter--Just looking forward to playing.

Thanks again

VenomousFiligree
September 2nd, 2007, 08:22
For me it is Sunday start as early as 6pm until whenever. I can usually make time during the week (mon - thur) after 7 pm.

Thanks hope I can make the game.

As for setting in doesn't matter--Just looking forward to playing.

Thanks again
dreign, please make sure you post your time zone with times, as I don't know where you live! ;)

Also the time has been set for these sessions (see first post), it's just the day to be arranged.

:)
MB

Wanderer
September 2nd, 2007, 18:41
MP - if I can get a character created by then, any chance I can get onboard for this?

VenomousFiligree
September 2nd, 2007, 19:17
MP - if I can get a character created by then, any chance I can get onboard for this?
Sure, nothing's been decided yet, as soon as there's at least 2 interested people for the time of 2100 UK time (currently GMT +1, BST), we'll start! :)

MB ;)

glacius
September 2nd, 2007, 19:37
iam in gmt -4 EDT

My available times are

monday -tues 6pm-?
wed 10pm-?
thurs 6pm - ?
friday 6pm-?
sat all day
sun 1pm-?

today and tommorow I am free all day

VenomousFiligree
September 2nd, 2007, 19:50
iam in gmt -4 EDT

My available times are

monday -tues 6pm-?
wed 10pm-?
thurs 6pm - ?
friday 6pm-?
sat all day
sun 1pm-?

today and tommorow I am free all day
I believe 2100 BST equates to 1600 EDT so Saturday or Sunday would be best day for you?

MB

VenomousFiligree
September 2nd, 2007, 20:06
If there are no preferences, I'll do a generic fantasy dungeon bash?

MB

glacius
September 2nd, 2007, 21:20
the setting is fine

what day would u guys like to run

omegaman
September 2nd, 2007, 21:24
I would like to get in on this if you have an opening. I can play on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday in the upcoming week.

VenomousFiligree
September 4th, 2007, 19:30
So is this Sunday looking good?

MB

glacius
September 4th, 2007, 19:53
sunday works for me

If you can put it up on the game calendar we can apply

cant wait

omegaman
September 4th, 2007, 19:56
I can make it. Will you have your server up before then for ruleset downloads and character setup or will everything be handled on Sunday?

VenomousFiligree
September 4th, 2007, 21:20
OK calander entry made - Savage Worlds One Shots.

I can make the server available most evenings (GMT +1), you might not get my full attention, however the server will be available for you to create characters etc.

MB

VenomousFiligree
September 5th, 2007, 09:09
The Elders of Erinscraig have had enough... cattle slaughtered in the fields... crops burnt... travellers waylaid on the road...

For two full moons the townsmen of Erinscraig have seen a steady increase in the number of attacks on their town. All they know is that the attacks come from the forest, to reek havoc on their community. The Elders can do nothing to appease the townsfolk.

The poster on the wall reads:

WANTED
Folk of stout heart to clear the forest of vermin. Generous rewards paid.

Signed.

Johan Curst
OK I'll try and leave the server up overnight Thursday - Saturday, so you can create PCs.

Do you want to start as Novice or Seasoned?

Phil

derthnada
September 5th, 2007, 19:02
Ooh, I'd like to get in on this, too. I'm also GMT-4, so either Saturday or Sunday would work for me at the time you posted.

I'm all about generic dungeon bashing, and would probably vote for Novice characters for the sake of ease (especially if there's anyone new to the rules playing).

jef

omegaman
September 6th, 2007, 20:18
I am new to SW but I say seasoned! Might as well feel competent before I die horribly. Has the server address been posted anywhere yet?

Wanderer
September 6th, 2007, 20:57
Until I get a set of rules, I might opt for either pre-gen'd characters (if available), or else spectate If I can, so I can see SW and FG in action

Esp since I'm not sure I can commit to times, yet

VenomousFiligree
September 6th, 2007, 21:00
and would probably vote for Novice characters

I say seasoned
Novice 1 : Seasoned 1

Alias is posted on the calendar, if necessary I'll post IP address an the day.

I might opt for either pre-gen'd characters (if available)
I'll post some pre-gens as well (a lot easier if novice!).

MB

Sorontar
September 6th, 2007, 21:09
Wanderer, got my copy of the Explorer's from Leisure Games in 2 days £6.79 inc postage.

I notice you are in London, if you are near their shop you could do a "walk-in" buy (I know it's so last year) :D.

Directions (https://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog/Directions.html)

Wanderer
September 6th, 2007, 21:22
Thanks Sorontar ..... website for them? Where are they based?

Sorontar
September 6th, 2007, 21:24
*points up*

Clicky in my post for directions bud

Wanderer
September 6th, 2007, 21:28
*points up*

Clicky in my post for directions bud

my thanks kind sir

Sorontar
September 6th, 2007, 21:33
Just hope it works out for ya, have to say the book is lovely for under a tenner.

My g/f said "But it's sooo tiny" (still talking about the book now :D )

"It's not the size it's what you do with it" I replied ..... yes still talking about the book here ;)

I would happily carry this around with me as I can hardly feel the weight.

Wanderer
September 6th, 2007, 22:13
cool - if it is that small, does it have everything - full core rules etc?

VenomousFiligree
September 6th, 2007, 22:20
See this (https://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15565) post to see how it differs from the previous Savage Worlds rule book.

MB

derthnada
September 7th, 2007, 02:45
Murgh,

Are Arcane Backgrounds ok?

Kalan
September 7th, 2007, 05:23
cool - if it is that small, does it have everything - full core rules etc?

Yep - the SW:Explorer's Edition contains the complete core rules for playing Savage Worlds. Everything you need to start creating and playing Savage settings for under a tenner :)

VenomousFiligree
September 7th, 2007, 07:26
Murgh,

Are Arcane Backgrounds ok?

Yes they are! :)

With 2 characters made already, we'll stick with novice. I'll also make sure there are some pre-gens available before we start.

MB

glacius
September 7th, 2007, 20:48
I am newb and I got my sw: explorer edition yesterday and it very easy to follow and also has some very good art.

VenomousFiligree
September 7th, 2007, 22:20
I am newb and I got my sw: explorer edition yesterday and it very easy to follow and also has some very good art.
Good to see the Savageness is spreading ;)

Explorers edition is marginally different (see here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=48254&postcount=29) to see the differences) to the "Revised Rules" which the ruleset is based on and is what we'll be using.

So far a human "rogue", a human fighter and a dwarven fighter.

MB

glacius
September 8th, 2007, 01:43
What classes and races are available?!

VenomousFiligree
September 8th, 2007, 10:00
So far a human "rogue", a human fighter and a dwarven fighter.
Those characters have been made, so it's up to you! ;)

MB

derthnada
September 8th, 2007, 14:52
I'm probably going to opt for a spellcaster that I'm working on, rather than the rogue, Dargo Phips. (I also noticed a mistake w/ that char...I took a skill twice for some reason.) So consider Dargo as a pre-gen for anybody who wants him...he just needs a little alteration.

VenomousFiligree
September 8th, 2007, 15:23
OK, I'm going to put the server up now and hopefully it will stay up until we play tomorrow.

I'll delete Dargo Phips and I'll make pre-gens of the characters in the free adventure Against the Orcs (https://www.peginc.com/archives/downloads/savage-worlds/against-the-orcs/)

MB

glacius
September 8th, 2007, 15:56
Think about like an orc beserker?
How many points do we get and such

I apologize kind of new

VenomousFiligree
September 8th, 2007, 16:12
Log on and I can go through it with you?

Otherwise
5 points for attributes
15 points for skills
Up to One major hinderance and two minor (major = 2 points, minor = 1 point. Can then spend these points: 2 points give you an edge or extra attribute point, 1 point gives an extra skill point or extra 500 gold).

MB

glacius
September 8th, 2007, 16:25
ok cool i will be on in like 20 minutes.

Thanks so much and could u pm me the server name

Thake care

VenomousFiligree
September 8th, 2007, 16:46
ok cool i will be on in like 20 minutes.

Thanks so much and could u pm me the server name

Thake care
The server alias can be found in the calendar section (pm'ed as well :) ).

MB

VenomousFiligree
September 8th, 2007, 19:37
server crashed :( so lost lots of work, PCs might not have saved if you were working on them! :(

MB

Wanderer
September 8th, 2007, 19:50
Sorry to hear that MB. Today ended up being a drive in the country with the wife and friends, so if I can play tomorrow, I'd like to try and use on of the pre-gens..

will, ciao 4 now

Wanderer
September 8th, 2007, 19:53
BTW - what is game name in the calender? Seem to be striggling to find it

VenomousFiligree
September 8th, 2007, 20:17
Savage Worlds One Shots (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=213), if you've time, can log on tonight to roll up a character.

Phil

Wanderer
September 8th, 2007, 20:52
Savage Worlds One Shots (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=213), if you've time, can log on tonight to roll up a character.

Phil
that pages comes up blank for me?

VenomousFiligree
September 8th, 2007, 21:16
Hmmm, link works fine for me! :confused:

I've pmed the server details.

MB

Edit.
Ahhh, probably because I set it to private, it's public now! :)

VenomousFiligree
September 8th, 2007, 22:28
As I lost a load of work due to the server crashing, I'm not making all the pre-gens again, let me know if you want a pre-gen and what type.

MB

Edit:
Characters made so far:
Rowdy - Human Fighter
omegaman - Dwarf Fighter
wanderer - Human Bard
galcius - Half Orc Fighter
derthnada -
Perren -

VenomousFiligree
September 11th, 2007, 12:24
OK I hope you had a good session? Not quite a one shot as there's more! So who's up for the next installment? Maybe on Saturday?

MB

glacius
September 11th, 2007, 15:23
Yeah I had a great time. HOpe we can continue it soon

omegaman
September 11th, 2007, 19:54
I'm definitely up for another session but Saturday is no good for me as I will be traveling that day and will not return home until Sunday.

Wanderer
September 11th, 2007, 22:16
Ditto Glacius - I'm up for round 2, and ditto Omegaman - can't do this Saturday. In fact, can't do 13th - 16th Sept, as we are going to Venice to celebrate my 34th birthday...

ciao 4 now

VenomousFiligree
September 12th, 2007, 14:41
as we are going to Venice to celebrate my 34th birthday...Have a beer on me! ;)

I'd like to schedule when all can play, however the next 2 Sunday (UK) evenings are out for me. What's the earliest you folks can play on this Sunday (please give timezones)?

MB

omegaman
September 12th, 2007, 20:35
I could probably make it by 12:00 pm my time which is GMT -5.

Wanderer
September 12th, 2007, 22:41
I can make most times from 14:00 GMT onwards... specific sundays may have things on, so i'd need as much warning as possible... timezone GMT+1 atm (london) - see sig

VenomousFiligree
September 15th, 2007, 19:11
Ok, I'm not going to be able to manage this, this Sunday. What about Saturday 22nd?

MB

Wanderer
September 17th, 2007, 23:30
Sat 22nd sounds do-able to me :D

VgnFrnd
September 17th, 2007, 23:41
My interest in SW is growing, and I would like to try one of your one-shots someday, but I am booked on family stuff this Saturday. Usually, Sundays are easier for me to get free.

omegaman
September 18th, 2007, 03:03
Saturday is no good for me. I'm in a different FG game at that time.

VenomousFiligree
September 22nd, 2007, 20:04
Ok, so what about Sunday 30th?

MB

omegaman
September 22nd, 2007, 22:02
I can make it.

Wanderer
September 22nd, 2007, 22:15
Sunday 30th doable... I assume around same time ... 20:00 (or was it 21:00?).... well, til than

VgnFrnd
September 23rd, 2007, 03:30
I think I can make it, too, if you have room for a beginner.

VenomousFiligree
September 23rd, 2007, 07:36
OK, so it's on for this (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=30&year=2007&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=136) time!

VgnFrnd, your more than welcome to attend, however it is the second part, let me know if this is OK.

MB

VgnFrnd
September 23rd, 2007, 15:20
Sure! It's okay. I would be happy to fit in to whatever role would work best. I could take over a PC that is missing a player, jump in with a new PC, play an NPC or monster, or even just lurk. I'm sure that I would learn a lot and have fun in any case. Should I PM you for the server name and password (if needed)? Thanks!

VenomousFiligree
September 28th, 2007, 13:31
A reminder for this Sunday, please post below if you're going to attend.

MB

Wanderer
September 28th, 2007, 16:30
I'll be there (barring any specific crises that arrive on Sunday)

VgnFrnd
September 28th, 2007, 18:04
I'll be there. Would you please fix the time here:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

And paste resulting link back to us in this forum? Calculating time zones (especially with daylight savings time differences) always makes my head hurt.

VenomousFiligree
September 28th, 2007, 18:14
I'll be there. Would you please fix the time here:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

And paste resulting link back to us in this forum? Calculating time zones (especially with daylight savings time differences) always makes my head hurt.
*points up to post 65*

MB

VgnFrnd
September 28th, 2007, 18:34
Huzzah! Thanks. I missed that somehow. The link is so tiny!

omegaman
September 28th, 2007, 20:09
I will be there also.

Wanderer
October 1st, 2007, 21:15
I'll be there (barring any specific crises that arrive on Sunday)

I had to say 'barring any crises that arrive on Sunday' didn't I?

Sorry all, but I (clearly) didn't make last night. PC issues...

Hopefully you had fun, and finished the dungeon? Did you solve the mystery of the attacks?

VenomousFiligree
October 1st, 2007, 21:45
I'm hoping to have a write up of the two sessions in the not to distant future. Interest has been shown to continue, so I will! :)

Would you like to keep the setting generic, or shift over to Shaintar (https://www.shaintar.info/), either way it'll will continue to be a combat heavy Dungeon Crawl! :hurt:

Folks can keep there current PCs or create new (Shaintar allows for goblin, orc and ogre PCs amongst others :eek:)

The next session will be 2 to 3 weeks.

MB

thefallen
October 1st, 2007, 22:09
ohhh...I would like to play an ogre...

omegaman
October 1st, 2007, 22:40
Moving everything to Shaintar is fine with me as I think its a great setting. I picked up a hardcopy of the book at my FLGS a couple of weeks ago for $10. Quite a bargain. If we opt to make new characters will we start out with the xps we have received from the first two sessions or do you plan to have us start with 10 xp like the Shaintar book suggests? Either way I think I will make a new character because Shaintar has some interesting realm specific stuff in it.

VgnFrnd
October 1st, 2007, 22:58
Thanks for hosting a great game, MurghBpurn. I haven't heard of Shaintar, but it looks good. I might like to create a new character just for the fun of it, but as always, I'm ready to play whatever challenging PC you might throw at me!

VenomousFiligree
October 2nd, 2007, 09:21
If we shift over to Shiantar (which is looking likely) we'll go with the 10xp start, as this will allow me to use the pregens from the book. Anyone that wants to keep their character can bump up to the 10xp.

So, if we do shift, continue with the dungeon you're in or start on a new one?

MB

VgnFrnd
October 2nd, 2007, 21:28
I say, continue with the dungeon we are in. I had a blast last Sunday.

Do you think you might host a character generation session sometime?

VenomousFiligree
October 2nd, 2007, 21:32
Do you think you might host a character generation session sometime?

Yes, most definitely. I'm away for about a week and a half, I'll sort it out when I get back.

MB

VenomousFiligree
October 13th, 2007, 11:21
I can host a character generation session this Sunday at 2100 UK time (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=14&month=10&year=2007&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=1036) time if anyone is interested.

MB

VgnFrnd
October 13th, 2007, 13:44
I wanna play! I wanna play! Please, please, please! Can I play?

VenomousFiligree
October 13th, 2007, 19:03
Some Shaintar background info can be found here (https://www.rpgvirtualtabletop.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=42).

MB

omegaman
October 14th, 2007, 12:18
I can't be there at 9 but I can probably log on before 10. I'm thinking I might just stick with the same character and take the two advances; it doesn't look like dwarves are any different in Shaintar than in the core rules.

VenomousFiligree
October 14th, 2007, 12:30
No problem, as it's only character generation and tweaking, it doesn't matter if everyone's on at the same time.

If you want to re-work your character to better use the Shaintar edges and hinderances, it's not a problem.

MB

VgnFrnd
October 14th, 2007, 16:53
I'll look these links over this afternoon, and see you on time!

VenomousFiligree
October 16th, 2007, 07:16
So who's up for this Sunday?

MB

VenomousFiligree
October 16th, 2007, 07:17
A reminder ;)

A COUPLE OF NOTES ABOUT COMMON KNOWLEDGE
You should really push your players to come up with solid background stories and histories. Make sure they understand that their Common Knowledge benefits depend on the effort.
When I run Shaintar, I often allow “Common Knowledge” rolls that use something other than Smarts, if appropriate. If someone has a professional background in gem cutting, for example, I will let them use their Agility die for any attempt at cutting a gem. Someone with a background in heavy lifting (such as a dock worker) might gain a +2 “Common Knowledge” bonus to any Strength check that involves pure lifting.
One more thing – instead of adding a “Sleight of Hand” or “Pickpocketing” skill, I’ve chosen to leave that in the realm of Common Knowledge. If someone has a thief-like background, they are going to get a +1 or +2 to such attempts, using their base Agility (usually opposed by Notice). Furthermore, anyone with the Thief Professional Edge will enjoy an added +2 for such activities.

VgnFrnd
October 16th, 2007, 14:07
I'm in. :)

VenomousFiligree
October 19th, 2007, 19:15
What went before:

Part the first:

The party:

Derek Threll the Bowman (Wanderer)
Doaka the Half-Orc Axeman (Glacius)
Bombli the Dwarf Warrior (Omegaman)
Raike the Practitioner of Post-Mortality Elementalism (Jef)
Santiago the Swordsman (Me)
...plus a torch-bearer each.

The call to adventure:

The Elders of Erinscraig have had enough... cattle slaughtered in the fields... crops burnt... travellers waylaid on the road... For two full moons, the townsmen of Erinscraig have seen a steady increase in the number of attacks on their town. All they know is that the attacks come from the forest to wreak havoc on their community. The Elders can do nothing to appease the townsfolk. The poster on the wall reads: "WANTED Folk of stout heart to clear the forest of vermin. Generous rewards paid. Signed Johan Curst."

The payment is 500 gold up front, with 1000 gold on producing evidence that the menace has ended. Stories have been told of goblins being the source of the attacks, but it has been many years since goblins have been sighted this near to civilisation. All the attacks seem to centre around Talltree Forest, and it is to here that the party has been given directions.

Finding a set of small-footed tracks leading into the forest, the party soon come across a set of ruins, including an ancient stone-walled pit with a crocodile-infested pool at the bottom. A rickety wooden ramp leads down to an archway halfway down one wall. After toying with a few ideas the party decide to test the wooden ramp with a torchbearer on a safety rope. Raike keeps everyone entertained with his unsettling and uncomfortably suggestive tales of being a necromancer's apprentice.

The party set off down the dark passageway only to trigger a trapdoor behind them, and goblins jump out to attack! Derek casually puts an arrow through the nearest goblin's eye, shattering its skull. Raike flays one of the goblins with his unholy magic. Doaka grins as his spinning dual axe attack sprays twin arcs of goblin blood and brains across the passageway walls. The last goblin turns and makes a break for it. Raike aims his invisible whip again but gets mentally tangled and stands there quivering. In his eagerness, Derek slips in the mess on the floor and goes down cursing, while Santiago dodges past and finishes the goblin with two flashing shortsword strokes.

Moving on down the corridor, Bombli triggers a pressure plate, but with impressive agility dodges the blast of flame that emanates from a concealed hole in the wall.

The door ahead opens with stairs going up slightly into a large gloomily lit room filled with sarcophagi. The air is laden with smoke from a campfire and torch in one corner, and numerous candles in another. In the darkness, goblin eyes glitter evilly... The party runs into the room and meet the goblins in a clash of steel. Seeing Bombli surrounded by goblins, Santiago jumps up onto the nearest sarcophagus and slashes wildly, dropping one goblin. Doaka advances enthusiastically but trips on the edge of a coffin and goes down muttering obscenities. Raike raises his arms in an almost comically scary gesture. Suddenly, however, his shadow seems to enlarge, and an otherworldly screech erupts from the mouth of the spectre, scaring the living daylights out of the three goblins in front of him! In the middle of the fray one of the goblins catches Bombli wide open, only to have his sword slide off the dwarven armour. Raike flails two goblins with his psychic whip, but draws the attentions of a goblin shaman, who catches Raike full-on with a devastating blast of sorcery. Doaka leaps to his feet as Raike staggers, smoking, and catches one of the goblins with a glancing axe blow. The goblin shaman unleashes a blast at Santiago, who blows frantically at his smoking leather armour. As the battle rages, Bombli sees a goblin sneaking round to attack Raike from behind, leaps across and lops the goblin's head off. Santiago shouts at the shaman to surrender. The shaman looks around, shrugs and lowers his staff. Doaka drops the axe from his left hand, grabs the last fighting goblin and chops down savagely with the axe in his right. Then, just to make sure, he squishes down with the axe one more time. The fight is over.

- Badgers (Santiago)

VenomousFiligree
October 19th, 2007, 19:22
The second session:

Part the second:

The party (changed due to availability of players):

Jarl the Berserker (Si)
Doaka the Half-Orc Axeman (Si)
Kemterr the Overweight (VgnFrnd)
Raike the Practitioner of Post-Mortality Elementalism (VgnFrnd)
Derek Threll the Bard (Omegaman)
Bombli the Dwarf Warrior (Omegaman)
Santiago the Swordsman (Badgers)
The Torchbearers (Badgers)

By the time the smoke clears from the fight, Santiago has the last remaining goblin, the shaman, at sword-point. The party searches the room and find newcomers Jarl and Kemterr bound and gagged. Once released, they pick up their gear and join the party, thirsting for revenge against the goblins.

After sweating some scraps of information out of the captive, the party moves on and, despite the shaman's warnings, breaks down an old door, covered in runes, that had been spiked shut. Inside the small room are two sarcophagi. The floor of the room is littered with bones. At the foot of the first sarcophagus is a desiccated corpse, slumped in a sitting position. The head of the "corpse" jerks up at Bombli's approach, dull red eyes staring in his direction. Bombli meets the fiend's hellgaze with a, "Lets see how you like the taste of steel, fiend!" His longsword strikes out in a flash of light and the corpse falls back into the coffin. Another corpse swings at him but misses and Bombli swears imprecations at the hellspawn. Due to his bulk, Kemterr is difficult to get past, but Jarl does it, moving up to engage the corpse, distracting it enough to catch the full effect of Bombli's backswing. The party are wary of the ghouls, and rightly - one struggles to get up as Jarl chops off its head. Kemterr removes the head of the other corpse, to be on the safe side.

Moving on, the passageway opens up into a large dark cave bisected by a pit. Round the floor of the pit wanders a huge manlike creature, which Santiago dimly recollects is a troll. Kemterr casually waddles to the edge of the pit and sends a blast of pure mana into the middle of the creature's face. Flames shoot out of its eyes, nose, mouth and ears, and it topples backwards to land with a huge thud. The rest of the party eye the overweight magician with newfound respect.

Making a grappling hook from the bones at the bottom of the pit and his silken rope, Jarl snares some ladders on the opposite side of the pit and the party are soon across. There is a brief panic as a swarm of slavering rats comes pouring from a side-passage, but Kemterr steps up again and casts runes of fear at the vermin, who promptly about-face and disappear, squealing.

The party moves on and comes out into a large chamber to find - the rest of the goblins waiting for them! Santiago despatches the shaman before he can help his brethren. Jarl meets a goblin's charge with his great axe and steps through the gap as goblin halves fall away either side. The great axe cleaves through two goblins at once, spraying the other front-rank fighters with gore. Light flashes from a robed goblin's outstretched hand to shake Bombli, but Raike is ready to counter with a hellbolt, flaming the goblin. Derek blasts away, taking out another goblin. Bombli cleaves the goblin facing him in two with his longsword.

But now the goblins strike back. A crossbow bolt sinks into Jarl's shoulder and he goes berserk, screaming with rage and agony. Bombli's longsword lashes deeply into another goblin, who gurgles to the ground. Another crossbow bolt glances off Bombli's leather armour. Goblins swarm Jarl as he staggers around but their crude weapons find no gaps in his armour; Derek drops another goblin with his bow.

Running up the stairs to a ledge, Santiago catches a crossbow bolt between the ribs but skewers the shooter. Jarl's mad eyes focus on the goblin in front of him and hews down with the great axe. Raike throws a handful of gravedust and the spell again causes a group of goblins to quake in fear, apart from one goblin who looks around himself in disgust.

Doaka gets into the action and smashes a goblin off the ledge with an axe. Pleased with his fear spell, Raike gives it another go and even more goblins run around screaming. Jarl's sweeping great axe splashes two more goblins to the ground.

The tide is turning. The goblin leader tries a spell but it fails and he shakes with pain. Bombli's longsword glitters in the torchlight and first one, then another goblin head rolls to one side. Santiago sees his chance, and despite the pain, leaps down off the ledge and dodges through the crowd of quivering goblins towards their leader. Two quick strokes with the shortswords and the leader is down, arterial blood pumping out over the cavern floor. The rest of the goblins break and run, and the party come to rest, panting and bleeding from dozens of wounds.

The final haul: 400 gold, 4 potions of unknown substances, 2 pots of "goo" and a strange ring. There's also loads of minor but useful gear. Of particular note is an upturned boat that looks like it's recently been repaired in one of the caves.

- Badgers (Santiago)

VenomousFiligree
October 19th, 2007, 19:25
As it's looking like only one player for this Sunday, what about next?

MB

VgnFrnd
October 20th, 2007, 00:44
I'm in. :)

omegaman
October 20th, 2007, 01:42
I can play either this Sunday or on the next one.

VenomousFiligree
October 20th, 2007, 12:55
Ok, that 3 for this Sunday at this time (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=21&year=2007&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=1036).

MB

longarms
October 21st, 2007, 19:13
Can I get in on the game today? Pregen character works for me.

VenomousFiligree
October 22nd, 2007, 00:17
OK who's up for next Sunday?

I know RL events happen, but it would be good if you can let me know if you're not going to make it, that way I can tweak things accordingly.

Please note however that the clocks in Europe go back on Sunday, so the time will be an hour different for the guys in the States.

It will start at this time (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=28&year=2007&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=1036).

MB

VgnFrnd
October 22nd, 2007, 01:58
I will be there, and I'll confirm on Saturday eve.

Flynn
October 23rd, 2007, 19:22
I cannot make it at that time on most Sundays. *sigh* I will watch this space for other opportunities, however, in the event that something opens up.

With Regards,
Flynn

VenomousFiligree
October 24th, 2007, 14:30
Flynn, what timezone are you? What times would suit?

MB

Flynn
October 24th, 2007, 18:47
I'm in Central Time Zone, as I live in Austin, TX, USA. As for times, it can vary from week to week, but on Sundays, I am generally available starting around 8pm Central (sometimes sooner, but not often). On most days of the week, I can also be available at 8pm Central, but during the week, I have to close up by 10:30 or 11, because of work the next day. Saturdays are haphazard; it just depends on the Saturday.

I'm really only looking for a One Shot in Savage Worlds right now, maybe two, as I want to see if I like the system as a player. I am having problems finding local players at the moment to try it out.

Hope This Helps,
Flynn

VenomousFiligree
October 24th, 2007, 19:53
Sorry, but 8pm Central is 0300 in the morning here. I'll never be able to make that! :(

Have you tried looking for a game on Four Ugly Monsters (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/)?

Flynn
October 24th, 2007, 20:19
Not yet, but thanks for the pointer.

Good Luck,
Flynn

VenomousFiligree
October 27th, 2007, 00:47
My apologies but sessions are currently on hold until further notice.

MB

VgnFrnd
October 27th, 2007, 00:51
That's okay, MBp. I was just coming online to say that I have guests coming over tomorrow night, so I am not able to make it.