PDA

View Full Version : On Hold and Aim

Maxpdev
September 20th, 2021, 19:42
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, or if I could have found the answer somewhere, but I can't find good guides to SWADE on FGU.
Is there a way of marking an NPC As Aiming or as On Hold in the Combat Tracker, so I still know next round?

Doswelk
September 20th, 2021, 23:05
Right click on card on CT to put them on hold.

I type Aim into an effect field to remind me.

Maxpdev
September 21st, 2021, 10:29
Very helpful, thanks!

Maxpdev
September 22nd, 2021, 19:38
And is there a way to put fatigue on an NPC?

Mike Serfass
September 23rd, 2021, 03:02
In Combat Tracker, you can drag and drop one of the fatigue effects. You can also click on the fatigue box and type a number into it. (Left box is Wounds, right box is fatigue.)
It works the same for PC and NPCs.
Don't do both or they'll have double Fatigue penalties.

Maxpdev
September 23rd, 2021, 18:59
Thanks again, most helpful! First game tonight

Maxpdev
September 25th, 2021, 09:37
First game went well, I am left with one more question. Can I assign a group of NPCs to share an action card as they would in tabletop?

Doswelk
September 25th, 2021, 11:47
First game went well, I am left with one more question. Can I assign a group of NPCs to share an action card as they would in tabletop?
Yes
https://youtu.be/QI36BeINELI

Maxpdev
September 25th, 2021, 12:04
Really great video! I have now subscribed. I searched for this sort of thing on yuotube and it never came up. And really good implementation.

FrodoB
September 27th, 2021, 15:02
Piggybacking on...
Once a character is on hold, how do I make him the active character temporarily without screwing up my whole turn oder? :D

Doswelk
September 28th, 2021, 00:04
You cannot

mac40k
September 28th, 2021, 14:33
That is to say, you have to manually move the turn indicator to the character that is coming off of hold and either remember who was next in the turn order or scroll up in the chat window to see who it was (if you are old like me) and then move it to them after the character coming off hold completes their turn. Doing this doesn’t resort the turn order, so you just pick back up where you left off.

Doswelk
September 28th, 2021, 14:40
Thank you, I was going to type that then my internet went down :(

FrodoB
September 28th, 2021, 14:47
That is to say, you have to manually move the turn indicator to the character that is coming off of hold and either remember who was next in the turn order or scroll up in the chat window to see who it was (if you are old like me) and then move it to them after the character coming off hold completes their turn. Doing this doesn’t resort the turn order, so you just pick back up where you left off.

Meh, figured. Just annoying when said character clicks "End turn" and the next character automagically rolls Shaken or loses debuffs...thanks! :)

dogfisc
September 29th, 2021, 01:22
Meh, figured. Just annoying when said character clicks "End turn" and the next character automagically rolls Shaken or loses debuffs...thanks! :)

You could tell the player not to click "End Turn", and just move the indicator when they are done. Not 100% obviously.

amerigoV
September 29th, 2021, 12:35

One minor tip that was not obvious to me when I started using FG. You do not have to drag the turn indicator to the person coming off hold. You can just go to the person whose turn you want to jump to. If you put the cursor where the triangle would be, it will give you the outline of the triangle and it you just left click and it moves the current turn there. Its the same solution, but I find it cleaner when moving the turn indicator around vs. dragging either from the current turn or from the bottom of the tracker up (especially if you have a full CT and have to scroll).