PDA

View Full Version : One shot try-out? Come one, come...one.

Mellock
August 26th, 2007, 00:45
One of our players had an unfortunate bout of techical malchance (computer crash), and will not be able to make it to today's game. I've seen a lot of requests from first-timers on the boards again, asking to try a game, so this is your chance. :) (Or...you know, anyone who's interested :) )

Come on, I know you want to... step right up!

The game is this Sunday, August 26 at... lemme see...
12.00 GMT (noon)
13.00 British time (gmt+1)
14.00 Belgian time (gmt+2)
15.00 Finnish time (gmt+3)
17:45 Nepalese time (gmt+5:45)
etc...

The game is set in the Forgotten Realms, and we're about to invade a castle. There's a third lvl NPC on standby for your convenience. (or you can just roll up a 2nd lvl cleric for the session, I think...)

So come play and come die heroically! If you're interested, just shoot me a note. Off to bed now... what time is it now... 1:45AM... I'll be up and about in 8 hours to send you the magic login words!

uncc234
August 26th, 2007, 09:10
I May be up at 6:00 this morning, I have not played Forgotten Realms, but I have played for 5 years and I am starting to DM. I have been around the bloack with different versions of D&D so bear with me if I don't get everythin on the fly. I will however be very active and hopfully a good filler for this morning.

Just give me a private message about the magic words and any form of teamspeakish program I should install if you guys are using voice chat.

Oh if you could give me a quick run down of the npc I will be picking up that would be great, If I can I will try and make a decent pc in the next few hours. I really like playing the roll so forgive me if I don't act Texan and start speaking in strong theatrical text. Otherwise, where is the fun? :)

GMT-6 so around 5 or 6 AM I Think, I will check at 4:30-5:00 *EDIT* *and now 5:30-6:00* on the forums to see if you will let me join in the fun.:D

Honduras
August 26th, 2007, 11:35
I'll make sure to let him know of your reply here when I see him myself before the session.

Stay tuned

EDIT: Acmer approved of sending you an invite since Mellock isn't here atm.

Honduras
September 5th, 2007, 06:26
We need another 2 regular players for our game.

We'd prefer not to have Americans, as they always seem to quit sooner or later because they have to get up too soon, wich is the reason we're recruiting... again.

All classes are open, and all books are available with only slight limitations.
We currently have a human monk, halfling rogue and human cleric.

The campaign is slightly evil oriented.

LostTribe
September 5th, 2007, 14:11
Being up at 7 am is fine for me (I'm EST) but I need to know a few things first:

1) Weekly or bi-weekly game?
2) How long do the sessions go for?
3) Define slightly evil oriented?
4) Is this campaign got a relatively equal combat to diplomacy ratio?

LT

acmer
September 5th, 2007, 15:12
The previous 4 we had also didn't have problems getting up at 7am...
So I'm sorry but we can't take that chance anymore.

For those who are from europe:
1) Weekly game, mostly
2) Sessions go for about 3-4 hours
3) Slightly evil = as evil as you want to be within reason, ie. criminals are still punished if caught
4) combat occurs about 0-2 times per session. you can avoid nearly all combat depending on your actions, or you can go start a fight

Mellock
September 5th, 2007, 15:21
Sigh, it's true, unfortunately, that we've been kind of burning through players. It also makes the schedule completely inflexible when you're on opposite ends of timezones; any later and you're well into the night for one player, and any earlier and you're in the previous night for the other.

We are now mostly at GMT+1/GMT+2/GMT+3. Anything around that will at least take care of the currently most often uttered excuse. :ninja: