PDA

View Full Version : Tokens for FGII characters ?

chiefarchon
August 24th, 2007, 22:12
How do players add tokens to their characters in FGII. I seem to be able to do it in FG1 but it doesnt work in FGII?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give to me.

Griogre
August 24th, 2007, 22:22
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.

Players can use the ring token in the top left of their portrait by dragging it onto the map. If you are talking about using top down figures with the combat tracker you need to first drag the top left portrait rings onto the tracker and then the topdowns on top of the ring portarits and drag them out to the map to link them.

You may also be talking about putting tokens in the token box? Players can't do that anymore to stop token spam. Drop the tokens for them into the shared tokens directory.

chiefarchon
August 24th, 2007, 23:01
Hi

Im talking about when a player is creating their player character in the "Creat and View Local Characters" section.

in FG1 you could select a portrait, but in FGII I cant seem to do that! The portraits come up for you to choose from but then you cant actually choose one :(

Toadwart
August 24th, 2007, 23:11
I think you have to wait till you actually connect to a server and select your local character. A copy of it then becomes a server character and a portrait can be assigned.

Hopefully the devs will add this back in at some point...

scytale2
August 25th, 2007, 00:09
Chief - it could be that you are not putting the tokens in the right directory, as FG2 have hidden this directory to such an extent that you are best accessing it from a special link they give you on the programme menu called "Application Data Folder". You can try forever to find it without this link. I can assure you if you use it and stick your tokens in the token directory they work fine!