PDA

View Full Version : The Shackled City weekly group

antiframe
August 24th, 2007, 19:50
This is a Shackled City weekly group currently running in the PDT timezone. Currently we are not looking for any more players, but it's possible in the future we'll need replacements as scheduling conflicts always tend to come up.

Schedule
Time: 19:30 to 00:00 or so
Day: Monday

House rules
1. Ability score rolling is done using a 28-point point-buy.
2. Hit point rolling is done by rolling two of your hit dice at each level and taking the higher result. In the case of getting two max values, add one.

Allowed books: Core books only (PHB, DMG, MM).
Addition feats, spells, items, and so on can be allowed on a case-by-case basis.

Party Mix

Party mix for this campaign (an open slots)

1 Tank -- Fighter or Paladin or Cleric
1 De-Trapper -- Rogue
1 Arcane -- Wizard or Sorcerer [Open]
1 Healer -- Cleric
1 Diplomat -- Bard
1 Any [Open]

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=208

Adventure Path Blurb
The city of Cauldron is nestled in the crater of a volcano. It's a medium sized city with a long and storied history. Most of the adventures will take place in (and under) the city or in the surrounding jungle with its villages, ruins, and wilderness. Secret societies, outer-worldly beings, and of course dragons will play a role, I am sure. There will be plenty of oppertunity for role playing, especially the use of diplomacy, gather information, bardic knowledge, and skill use beyond the usual combat skills. I envision about 40% RP and 60% combat most times, but flopped other times.

The Campaign Blog
The weekly summary of our sessions, in blog format:

https://abeinga.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

bloodydrake
August 26th, 2007, 16:55
I'd love to play if you don't mind a new user to Fantasy Grounds(just purchased ver2 recently).
I'd probably only be able to do 8 to whenever and Mondays would be ideal for me.
I'd love to play a Fighter or Paladin if possible.
Any more info needed just send me a message.

ithildur
August 26th, 2007, 17:23
I'd be quite interested; new user still looking to get in a campaign, FR would be ideal although I'm not familiar with Shattered City and am definitely game to try it.

I'd love starting out with lvl 1 characters; if I manage to roll decently I'd go with my favorite concept, an elven ftr/wiz type (would work especially well with gestalt pcs if I understand correctly) .

Mondays would be doable; tuesdays and thursdays are very iffy for me unfortunately. Could you explain a bit about what the Shattered City setting is like?

antiframe
August 26th, 2007, 18:48
I've updated the original post to include a bit of (somewhat spoilery) information about the setting and added you both to the list of potential players. If we get six players, we'll be using standard characters, though after re-reading the character creation guide my typical ability score rolling method might be a bit weak as this is supposedly a tough campaign. I'd rather make more powerful PCs than tweak each encounter, so I'll probably be updating that after some thought. If we get four players, we will be using gestalt characters as that would be about the power of six normal ones (I count one gestalt character as 1.5 normal ones in power level calculations).

Mellock
August 26th, 2007, 23:51
I'm not familiar with Shattered City

You should see the Shackled Gates of Slaughtergarde then! :)

antiframe
August 27th, 2007, 03:03
I've updated the original post with a link to the calendar entry.

Please, sign up there. Feel free to post here as well, but I'll treat the calendar entry as the official list. I'd like to get started next week if possible and know of five interested players already so it looks like this will happen so don't miss out on a slot!

uncc234
August 27th, 2007, 19:39
I am willing to play, but I cannot do tuesdays or thursdays. Just X me off the list if this is a bad thing, if not then happy trails and see you on monday

Oh Gnome Bard, if thats ok

antiframe
August 27th, 2007, 19:55
It looks like we're up to five and Monday is still the prefered day. One more would be ideal.

As for the start date...today might be a bit soon even if we get our sixth as that's pretty short notice.

On the other hand, today would be a good day to test the network connection (make sure my firewall is set up correctly and all) and maybe start rolling up characters.

Would those that wish to do so please vote on the calendar entry and I'll set up the server around 8pm and await connections while I edit the first session creatures, mapts, etc.

NymTevlyn
August 27th, 2007, 22:15
I'll join. My monday D&D game has gone to **** and I want to play. Not just run.

bloodydrake
August 27th, 2007, 23:03
sorry guys i got my pst est backwards things will be running to late for me. Yep I'm a newb when it comes to this stuff.
Good luck everyone hope it all works out for ya's

uncc234
August 28th, 2007, 02:44
I know this is last min, but if you guys want.. I do have a voice chat server we can use.. just ask and I will send a private mesage to you with the address and program.

NymTevlyn
August 28th, 2007, 02:51
I'd rather not play with voice chat. If everyone decides to, I will drop out.

uncc234
August 28th, 2007, 03:01
Well i didn't mean play with I meant it as a form of quick chat so we don't have to type everything the first session... if that is out of the question then nevermind I never meat it as to discourage any from playing... its just it eliminates some of the unnessisary text from the first session.

antiframe
August 28th, 2007, 20:50
I've added a summary blog:

https://abeinga.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

ithildur
October 16th, 2007, 08:02
We're looking to add one (possibly two as there are two slots cleared on the sign up page) player(s) to join this campaign which is still ongoing. We have four adventurers at around lvl 3 currently and are still in early enough stage of the storyline that someone can step in and be brought up to speed easily.

Game sessions start Monday nights 8pm PST.

The party make up currently is an elf fighter/wiz, human monk, halfling rogue/fighter, and last but not least a very intimidating yet charming gnomish bard. The DM is excellent and quite entertaining to listen to his RP.

A cleric or similar healer class is what we'd benefit the most from, and perhaps a pure wizard type after that's filled. We are using teamspeak for voicechat although Vent is an option as well.

LostTribe
October 17th, 2007, 08:54
Ith,

How long do your session normally run for? I can play for 3.5 hrs tops on Mondays.

If this is not a problem and you and your crew have room for me I'll join up. Priest class is fine as well.

LT

ithildur
October 17th, 2007, 13:16
I'd say that's about how long we usually play, sometimes a bit longer, such as if some of us need to wrap up loose ends with our characters individually, etc. Would be glad to have you join us if that works; I know you're an experienced player.

ithildur
October 18th, 2007, 13:47
PM sent, LostTribe

beacon
October 18th, 2007, 17:45
I wouldn't mind hopping in on this .. I have about 3-4hrs to burn on the avg monday night around that time.... give me a break from dm'ing

ithildur
October 18th, 2007, 19:59
would you be open to playing an arcane class? we've got a monk, ftr/wiz, rogue, bard, and cleric presently. i'll have to check with the DM also.

Rilmarion
October 19th, 2007, 12:33
If there is still an opening left, I would like to join you. 8pm EST is fine with me and I can run fairly late. I have played in IRC D&D games before and have ran as late as 2amEST before (due to other players being 3 hours behind me).

I'd be able to play any class needed.

LostTribe
October 20th, 2007, 16:16
Got the PMs you sent Ith. Thanks. Will contact the DM late on today.

LT

ithildur
October 20th, 2007, 20:35
If there is still an opening left, I would like to join you. 8pm EST is fine with me and I can run fairly late. I have played in IRC D&D games before and have ran as late as 2amEST before (due to other players being 3 hours behind me).

I'd be able to play any class needed.

It actually starts at 11pm EST; it's 8pm pacific time, so you'd be going probably till 3am your time on a monday night.

If that's still not a problem, you could check the signup campaign page listed on the first page, and see if the DM will take one more player, as he made room for two new players, and one is taken.

The other player that responded, Beacon, you can do the same, probably first come first considered. I'm not 100% sure the DM will want the last slot filled, but I am guessing he does which is why he made it available.

darthfrodo
March 17th, 2008, 06:14
This time would work for me and I am would love to play in the Shackled City campaign. I can play any type of character.
I cannot tell if the game is active because the calendar looks current except for having no time posted and the last response in this forum before this one is from Oct. '07. Let me know if this is still an active campaign.
thanks,
Darth Frodo