PDA

View Full Version : Lights geting brighter

BGCMadrix
September 10th, 2021, 23:59
Hello

I have a problem with lighting. When i press a "wall" door, window or terrain the lights gets brighter and wont go down again, untill i close and then open the image again.
So far i have only goten the problem in the Starfinder setting, could't recreate it in Pathfinder 1e setting for example.

Ulric
September 11th, 2021, 01:38
You have player view activated and It looks like you have a token selected in the first age and the lighting is based on. The tokens vision. The second image does not seem to have a token so you are seeing a general player view of the map lights. The lighting is working correctly if that's the case.

BGCMadrix
September 11th, 2021, 20:26
The problem is still there with or without player vision, its just easyer to spot it. here are two more pictures and all i have done beteen them is open and close the window-"wall" i have markt at the second picture. the more i try to open/close any wall thing on the map, the more the lights increase.

LordEntrails
September 11th, 2021, 20:34
Something is off. The second shows the lights, the first does not. What rules and extensions are you using?

BGCMadrix
September 11th, 2021, 20:51
Am useing Starfinder and no extensions is on atm.

Ulric
September 12th, 2021, 00:40
I run Starfinder too. Which Starfinder AP has this map? I will load it and see if I'm getting the same problem.

BGCMadrix
September 12th, 2021, 01:21
I tried it with Pathfinder 1e now and problem is there as well. thou i dont have any premade maps with light on Pathfinder 1e. but my own maps have the bug as well.

In Starfinder i have Dead Sun 1-3 and the problem is on any map. just tried it with the "Map: The Splice" thou i had to opce/close a door(blue) to get it. The fens (the window, yellow did't affect now)

All i do to get the problem is to open the image and press a any other open/close LoS thing. i dont do anything else on the image, thou i see it clearer when i have player vision on, but its still there with GM vision. The problem gets reset if i close the image and reopen it again.

BGCMadrix
September 12th, 2021, 01:45
I have tested a bit now, and i can remake the problem in any rulesystem, curantly trying in Pathfinder 2e.
I think i have more info now. it only happens when i have light sources that is on different layers. And then opce/close a LoS thing, but if i remove the light sources and reopen the image, the problem is gone. and it comes back when i add a new light in a different layer again.

BGCMadrix
September 12th, 2021, 01:52
ah nope, i spoke to early, the problem didn't disappear, never mind me atm, to tired, it's 3 am here.

Moon Wizard
September 13th, 2021, 02:30
@BGCMadrix,
Is there a specific set of steps that you use adding to a map that always generates the issue?

Thanks,
JPG