PDA

View Full Version : Living Greyhawk Tabletop Discussion

lkn4truth
August 24th, 2007, 16:23
This Friday I'm going to open up a game room on Fantasy Grounds three
times to see if anyone can actually log into Fantasy Grounds during
any of these times and commit to returning every other week at the
same time. We will NOT be gaming today! This is merely discussion group to see if there are enough interested in meeting on a regular basis to start a campaign. The times will be:

10am PST - first session - closed (no one could connect)
2pm PST - second session - closed (no one could connect)
5pm PST - third session - (canceled - trying to figure out what the connection problem is)

If you have trouble logging into a session you can consider signing up via the game calendar by looking for the campaign titled: "Living Greyhawk Sanctioned Play"

I will leave the room open for at least 30 minutes if I am on the only
one there...longer if anyone actually comes to participate. This
week's goals are to:

1) Identify if there are any players/DM's able to commit to an every
other Friday gaming session and sign up a group of 5-6 committed players
2) Identify who among the group can DM verses who merely want to play.
3) Decide if the group would like to test run an already published
Greyhawk adventure outside of Living Greyhawk official status just to
train the players and/or DM in preparation of the real thing or if we
have a certified DM to go ahead and plan to launch into an official
sanctioned game.

If you know you will come to one of the above sessions please let me
know via email or posting here so I know to expect you.

The game/campaign to log into is called "Living Greyhawk Tabletop Discussion" and for the Host Address use the server alias:

bold camp good idol

scytale2
August 24th, 2007, 17:30
I am keen on Living Greyhawk, but am less keen on playing in Open RPG and keener to use FG2.

PST is GMT-7, so 10am is 6.00pm UK time, i.e. in about half an hour.

Sederien
August 24th, 2007, 18:04
Am I being impatient at 2-3 minutes past the hour, or am I actually having trouble connecting?

It's still "bold camp good idol" right?

scytale2
August 24th, 2007, 18:30
Well I was there at 18.02 and 18.28, but was unable to log in either time.

lkn4truth
August 24th, 2007, 18:30
I had the room open for the first session and didn't see anyone log in. Albeit, I had a phone call come in half way through and stepped away from my computer for a moment but I didn't see anyone left a chat message either. If you tried to connect to the first session and couldn't please try again if you can or leave me a note. I'll leave the game room open for first session just a hair longer in case someone wants to try again this morning.

I have never tried to host a game before so perhaps I set something up wrong. I'm trying to check my settings now.

scytale2
August 24th, 2007, 18:32
Are you using FG2? or FG1?

lkn4truth
August 24th, 2007, 18:37
I am currently using FG2 which I just installed the other day.

You can also try registering via the game calendar for the campaign titled: "Living Greyhawk Sanctioned Play"

ithildur
August 24th, 2007, 18:55
I'd be interested; looks like I may have just missed the server being up as I can't log in atm (12:50 pm cst, 10:50 am pst iirc?). I'll try again later today.

Sederien
August 24th, 2007, 22:08
Still not working from my end.

When you set up the game, was your IP 192.168.X.X? Is there something else preventing connection? Have you opened port 1082? (Is the problem on my side?)

lkn4truth
August 24th, 2007, 22:13
yes, my IP was 192.168 something.... I don't know if the port is open
I thought FG would open the port for me.

scytale2
August 24th, 2007, 22:15
Still struggling to connect...

Sederien
August 24th, 2007, 22:16
Yeah... I don't know how FGII handles internal networks, but there should definitely be an outside IP for people to connect to.

lkn4truth
August 24th, 2007, 22:18
Well that sucks...snag #1 already is I don't know how to open ports safely in Vista, etc, etc.

Sederien
August 24th, 2007, 22:25
I have a nice shiny copy of Vista Business sitting on my desk... it has yet to be installed, so I can't help you with the port issue (should be a router thing, though).

I can, however, point you in the right direction (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3615&highlight=192.168).

Griogre
August 24th, 2007, 22:25
There is no differance between opening ports in Vista or XP. Mostly you need to configure the router and tell your software firewall it is OK to let FG be a server. There are plenty of thread on how to do this, including a FAQ. If you have problems you can post in the House of Healing.

Edit: I have Vista Business - its the same as XP.

lkn4truth
August 24th, 2007, 22:28
Ok, well sorry for wasting everyone's time today. I'm going to cancel the final session of the day until I can have some time to figure out what port I have to open and how to do it.

lkn4truth
August 24th, 2007, 22:30
Ok, apparently I don't have something configured right on my router/firewall so I've canceled the final session today while I figure out what's wrong on my end.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Griogre
August 24th, 2007, 22:30
Yeah... I don't know how FGII handles internal networks, but there should definitely be an outside IP for people to connect to.
If you have someone on the local LAN they should connect to the server using it's local IP because it is easier.

Beowulfe
August 26th, 2007, 19:22
Well so far, there are 3 people pending approval on the LG list you suggested everyone join.