PDA

View Full Version : Question about names

ItsMistahT
September 10th, 2021, 20:36
I thought I read somewhere that you could shorthand names. Like a heroic name of "Robert the Killer of Giants and Orcs" to just Robert when referencing them. I may be thinking of something else but I thought there were two examples given from the section I read(one PC/NPC and one monster). Is this possible or can anyone shed light on this matter?

Trenloe
September 10th, 2021, 20:53
Welcome to the FG forums.

The main areas I know where you can use a shortened PC name are completion in the chat text entry (press <TAB> to complete the name) and GM assigning treasure from the Party Inventory.

Is this what you're referring to?

ItsMistahT
September 10th, 2021, 21:01
Specifically referring to an NPC or epic monster name. Another example being "Darkmor" the Conqueror of Plinth to just "Darkmor". I don't want the full name of the npc/monster in chat each time its referenced. Again, I could have read this elsewhere in a non-FGU setting and I am just slowly descending into madness.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2021, 21:05
Sounds like you're referring to the non-identified name of a creature. Some info here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996641934/5E+NPCs+and+Encounters#Create-a-New-NPC

ItsMistahT
September 10th, 2021, 21:17
I already have an NPC that is using the non-identified feature. "Doc" is his non-identified name but his real name is Alluisious Finkle (he doesn't like people knowing his real name). I have another character "Bosun" Smither Harroot who just prefers being called Bosun (his title aboard the ship). I may just be thinking of a physical mechanic rather than a FGU built in one. I research so much stuff it sometimes just mushes together.