PDA

View Full Version : FoWEnhanced Extension (all rulesets) - Support Thread

jharp
September 10th, 2021, 19:47
This is the support thread for the FoWEnhanced extension. This extension is designed to allow a DM to save the FoW for a map prior to moving the tokens to another map. Then upon returning to the prior map the DM can restore the FoW once the tokens are placed back on the map.

Let me know if there are any FoW related requests and I'll see if I can implement them prior to release.

Available at: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/224/view

Thanks,

Jason

jharp
September 10th, 2021, 19:47
Version History

In the air...

Feature: Character sheet cleanup buttons to remove FoW data when no longer needed [very likely].
Feature: Provide some API functionality. getFoW(token) --> String; setFoW(token,string) --> bool.
Feature: Better Integration with Portals Revamped - (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/123/view). I'm looking into some additional integration that would allow auto-save on portal to new map. [very likely]

Build 6 - 2022-01-26 20:47:19 (v1.1.0d)

Bug fix: Compatibility improvement for Ruleset 3.5e with Feature: Extended automation and overlays
Bug fix: No longer relies on tooltip in token. Post #34 no longer is required as a workaround.

Build 5 - 2021-09-17 17:39:13

Bug fix: Client side bug. Error on join related to obtaining campaign directory on client only being available on the host.

Build 4 - 2021-09-17 12:36:03

Bug fix: The DB routines don't like long lines. To remedy this, the FoW data has been moved out of the db.xml file and into <Campaign>/FoWs/<files>. This will allow the db.xml file to remain quick and smaller. The filename mapping remains in the db.xml.

Migration Instructions: Since the storage of data has changed in Build 4, the best method of moving to this build is to (while FGU is closed) edit the db.xml and remove all <FoWs></FoWs> sections from the charsheet areas. If you wish to retain the existing FoW data then make a copy of the db.xml for reference. Remove the FoWs sections in the real db.xml. Do a save of FoW so that the filename mapping is created. Lookup the filename given and place the data you retained in your backup into the new file following the format as seen in the new file.

Bug fix: Non-player tokens removed on load. Relates to the reported incompatibility of the portal extension.

Build 3 - 2021-09-16 21:14:57 - Unreleased
Build 2 - 2021-09-15 17:37:44

Bug fix: Works with module maps now. No longer requires you to copy the map.
Feature: Added two additional options; unshare on save and share on load. Both are off by default.
Feature: Additional chat feedback on save and load.
Feature: Added support for imagebackpanel and imagefullpanel

Build 1 - 2021-09-12 01:17:23

Original release

[U]Current Known Bugs

None known

Interesting Tidbits

If you save a single DB entry of 84k characters the save is several 5+ seconds but with 84 1k entries its less than 1/2 second to save.
A 15k character entry saves 10 times faster per character than does a 85k character entry.

Ludd_G
September 11th, 2021, 10:23
Just want to say thank you, this sounds amazing and is sorely needed! Great work!

Cheers,

Simon

EllivasKram
September 13th, 2021, 21:37
WOW - Surely worthy of a Smiteworks adoption..

FyreM
September 13th, 2021, 21:49
wow.. just .. wow.

TopHatG
September 13th, 2021, 23:19
Hi All,

I'm getting two different errors that I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

Sometimes when saving: Script execution error: [string "fow_save"]:31: attempt to index a nil value.

Also, if it does save, when I place tokens back on and hit load, it removes all the tokens and reverts to a blank screen.

I've tried this in a blank campaign with only this loaded. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Cheers.

jharp
September 14th, 2021, 00:06
Send you a DM to meet.

My first thought is you don't have a party sheet setup. Your characters must be on a party sheet, and dragged from a combat tracker. Yes line 31 accesses the partysheet. I'll add a warning message to the code.

TopHatG
September 14th, 2021, 00:22
Send you a DM to meet.

My first thought is you don't have a party sheet setup. Your characters must be on a party sheet, and dragged from a combat tracker. Yes line 31 accesses the partysheet. I'll add a warning message to the code.

Thanks for the super fast assistance. I hadn't put the character in the party sheet. My bad.

FyreM
September 14th, 2021, 03:01
when clicking SAVE, i got this

jharp
September 14th, 2021, 04:12
Yes that relates to the bug in post 2. Create a copy of the module image as a work around. I'm working to fix that.

FyreM
September 14th, 2021, 04:16
oh, i did not make the connection. ok. hmm, will try.

jharp
September 15th, 2021, 19:38
New release has fixed the outstanding bug about module maps.

nephranka
September 15th, 2021, 20:09
I have a question about the impact of this on the size of the db file. As you add maps with saved FoW data, will the db file grow in size? If so, is there a way to remove unwanted or no longer needed FoW data? Thanks.

jharp
September 15th, 2021, 21:13
As to impact that is a variable answer dependent on the maps themselves and how much of each map is explored and the number of characters. I would say that the impact is minimal overall. As to cleaning out there is no automated way to clean up characters at present. I'll try to add a button on the character sheet to display map data and allow deletion. In the meantime you can edit the charsheet entry and delete the <FoWs> data manually.

FyreM
September 15th, 2021, 22:16
Excelent! will try tonight

nephranka
September 15th, 2021, 22:34
As to impact that is a variable answer dependent on the maps themselves and how much of each map is explored and the number of characters. I would say that the impact is minimal overall. As to cleaning out there is no automated way to clean up characters at present. I'll try to add a button on the character sheet to display map data and allow deletion. In the meantime you can edit the charsheet entry and delete the <FoWs> data manually.

Thank you for the information. I am worried about the db size because I have found the larger the db gets the more performance issues I can have. The clean up button would be cool.

FyreM
September 15th, 2021, 22:40
how do you see "how big your DB is"
what size do you consider "oh this is getting too big"?

nephranka
September 15th, 2021, 23:02
how do you see "how big your DB is"
what size do you consider "oh this is getting too big"?

You can find it under: /fgdata/campaigns/(your campaign's name)
The file is called db.xml

For me 2-4 mb is the right size. The smaller the better.

TopHatG
September 16th, 2021, 03:40
This new patch is fantastic.

However, after two maps (with four characters), my save campaign blows out to 10 secs. Db is ~1500kb, so not huge and if I delete the fow info from characters, it’s back to normal saving times.

I have no idea what happens when the campaign saves every 5 mins or why a few lines kills it?

Maybe because the line is so long?

Any advice?

jharp
September 16th, 2021, 04:48
What are your settings for FoWEnhanced? I expect default of replace/replace.

However, if you are merge/merge and you use FoW Save / FoW Load a lot then I could see file growth being a lot. There is no intelligence to the merge. I cannot determine what aspects of the FoW are duplicates so it simply concats the two sets. The expected use of FoWEnhanced is that it be used sparingly when moving maps not an ongoing basis on the same map. Certainly not if you use merge/merge.

Let me know if this matches what you see but in the meantime I'll try some tests on my side.

To give an idea what merge is useful and expected to be used for here is one example. You move the characters back onto a prior map. They start moving and the DM has forgotten to load the FoW from prior. Changing to merge on the load will allow the prior FoW data to be merged into the "new" area data. Then you would need to set it back to replace.

Merge are convenience / forgetfulness setting.

No matter your response I'll see if I can't store the points in a better fashion to cut down on line length.

Jason

TopHatG
September 16th, 2021, 05:47
What are your settings for FoWEnhanced? I expect default of replace/replace.

However, if you are merge/merge and you use FoW Save / FoW Load a lot then I could see file growth being a lot. There is no intelligence to the merge. I cannot determine what aspects of the FoW are duplicates so it simply concats the two sets. The expected use of FoWEnhanced is that it be used sparingly when moving maps not an ongoing basis on the same map. Certainly not if you use merge/merge.

Let me know if this matches what you see but in the meantime I'll try some tests on my side.

To give an idea what merge is useful and expected to be used for here is one example. You move the characters back onto a prior map. They start moving and the DM has forgotten to load the FoW from prior. Changing to merge on the load will allow the prior FoW data to be merged into the "new" area data. Then you would need to set it back to replace.

Merge are convenience / forgetfulness setting.

No matter your response I'll see if I can't store the points in a better fashion to cut down on line length.

Jason

Set to replace/replace.

I'm just using it if I'm moving characters between the two maps. Save their info, move them to the other map, load the info. I've reduced it to two characters to try. Each fow points line is ~54k of characters.

These are complex maps., but the size of the db file is only 1,420kb so no idea why even a long line would freeze saving for over ten seconds.

TopHatG
September 16th, 2021, 05:50
Just a thought. Can you only export to campaign, or can you export to another file? If you export to another file it wouldn't kill campaign save every 5 minutes.

Ulric
September 16th, 2021, 16:11
I know it's not your responsibility to make this compatible with other extensions. I noticed that when you load a map that has Portals https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/123/view . The Portals are removed from the map when the FoW is reloaded.

jharp
September 16th, 2021, 16:13
I know it's not your responsibility to make this compatible with other extensions. I noticed that when you load a map that has Portals https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/123/view . The Portals are removed from the map when the FoW is reloaded.

Actually that is one extension I really want to work with this so I'll most certainly take a look.

Ulric
September 16th, 2021, 19:08
Actually that is one extension I really want to work with this so I'll most certainly take a look.
Great! Thank you for your efforts!

jharp
September 17th, 2021, 14:22
Great! Thank you for your efforts!

Actually a bug in FoWEnhanced. Now fixed. See post 2 for migration instructions.

jharp
September 17th, 2021, 14:23
Just a thought. Can you only export to campaign, or can you export to another file? If you export to another file it wouldn't kill campaign save every 5 minutes.

It now exports the larger details to outside files. Thanks for the suggestion.

nephranka
October 8th, 2021, 01:31
When I click the FoW save button I get:
FoWEnhanced[11]: No valid tokens found on map. Please ensure that there is a valid party sheet and valid combat tracker.

I cleaned both and re-added the party back but still get the same error. Any thoughts? I am running lots of ext so I will try to track it down.

jharp
October 8th, 2021, 01:34
I will check this out as a new FGU version was released yesterday so that might be causing issues.

Make certain you have all the characters on a party sheet, and on the combat tracker. FoW uses these to trace down the user to the token.

Still works for me so this could be user error. My method of getting it setup is to add people to the party sheet, then click the button to add them to the combat tracker. Then drag from the combat tracker onto the map. There are situations where doing otherwise will not allow me to locate the token info.

It may also be a bad interaction with an extension that is doing something with either the party sheet or combat tracker. Feel free to post a link to a copy of your campaign folder in a DM to me if you can't find a quick solution.

Jason

nephranka
October 8th, 2021, 01:59
Yep. I added to both the party sheet and the CT then from the CT to the map. I click and the error pops. Strangely, my clean test campaign with all ext loaded does not do this. So it appears as to not be an ext conflict?

Edit: This is an error in 2 of 3 of my campaigns. One is working. All have the same exts loaded. It also works fine in a clean test campaign with all ext loaded.

jharp
October 8th, 2021, 02:04
Yep. I added to both the party sheet and the CT then from the CT to the map. I click and the error pops. Strangely, my clean test campaign with all ext loaded does not do this. So it appears as to not be an ext conflict?

Send me the bugged campaign and I'll take a look for how my code could improve / why it is complaining.

Jason

nephranka
October 8th, 2021, 02:12
I will check this out as a new FGU version was released yesterday so that might be causing issues.

Make certain you have all the characters on a party sheet, and on the combat tracker. FoW uses these to trace down the user to the token.

Still works for me so this could be user error. My method of getting it setup is to add people to the party sheet, then click the button to add them to the combat tracker. Then drag from the combat tracker onto the map. There are situations where doing otherwise will not allow me to locate the token info.

It may also be a bad interaction with an extension that is doing something with either the party sheet or combat tracker. Feel free to post a link to a copy of your campaign folder in a DM to me if you can't find a quick solution.

Jason

What button are you clicking to add them to the CT? I normally drag them from the character selection window to both the PS and the CT.

nephranka
October 8th, 2021, 02:16
Send me the bugged campaign and I'll take a look for how my code could improve / why it is complaining.

Jason

I sent it. Thanks for looking at it.

jharp
October 8th, 2021, 03:23
I have a workaround for you. Go to settings and change "Show name" to "Tooltip". Apparently the "name" field I rely on only gets put in the place I'm look at when it is using the tooltip.

I'll look to find an alternative way to get the info I need for the next build.

Jason

nephranka
October 8th, 2021, 10:51
I have a workaround for you. Go to settings and change "Show name" to "Tooltip". Apparently the "name" field I rely on only gets put in the place I'm look at when it is using the tooltip.

Jason

Yep. That fixed it. Thank you!

Elewyth
December 21st, 2021, 11:24
I am considering buying this extension, specifically for the interaction with the portals extension. Does this extension work well, when PCs are split across maps? As in the following example:

1. Save FoW
2. PC A goes through a portal (e.g. stairs) and moves to the second map
3. PC B stays on the first map and continues exploring, revealing new parts of the map
4. Save FoW of second map
5. PC A returns to the first map
6. Load FoW of first map (to restore FoW of PC A)

I assume this would delete the progress that PC B did while PC A was on the other map? Is this what "merge" would be useful for?

What if PC B decides to join PC A on the second map a bit later (without PC A returning to the first map)? I would have to issue a new Save FoW before PC B moves map. Would this then save the state that PC A is not currently on the map, and therefore PC A's FoW could no longer be restored later, when both return?

Thank you for your answers, it's really great to see an extension to fix the FoW deletion annoyance :).

jharp
December 21st, 2021, 18:52
I am considering buying this extension, specifically for the interaction with the portals extension. Does this extension work well, when PCs are split across maps? As in the following example:

1. Save FoW
2. PC A goes through a portal (e.g. stairs) and moves to the second map
3. PC B stays on the first map and continues exploring, revealing new parts of the map
4. Save FoW of second map
5. PC A returns to the first map
6. Load FoW of first map (to restore FoW of PC A)

I assume this would delete the progress that PC B did while PC A was on the other map? Is this what "merge" would be useful for?

What if PC B decides to join PC A on the second map a bit later (without PC A returning to the first map)? I would have to issue a new Save FoW before PC B moves map. Would this then save the state that PC A is not currently on the map, and therefore PC A's FoW could no longer be restored later, when both return?

Thank you for your answers, it's really great to see an extension to fix the FoW deletion annoyance :).

Let me do some testing and get back to you on the best way to accomplish your desires.

Jason

Edit:

You would want a step 4b - Save FoW of first map - this saves the extra explored by PC B. Step 5 is fine. Step 6 will then load the old info for PC A and the recently saved info for PC B (no loss of data for either PC).

As to the second scenario, the save on first map keeps the only PC A data and saves the new info for PC B. No need for merge. Merge can help if you forget to load previously saved FoW and you have done some exploring.

Jason

Morenu
January 8th, 2022, 15:02
we are moving from 5E to PFRPG and love the FOW. FOW worked great in 5E. in testing for the move we realize there is no FOW buttons in the menu of our map. see the pic. any suggestions (everything is updated, we do run a lot of mods/ext)50850

jharp
January 8th, 2022, 15:06
we are moving from 5E to PFRPG and love the FOW. FOW worked great in 5E. in testing for the move we realize there is no FOW buttons in the menu of our map. see the pic. any suggestions (everything is updated, we do run a lot of mods/ext)50850

I'll look into it.

jason

Elewyth
January 8th, 2022, 15:26
Let me do some testing and get back to you on the best way to accomplish your desires.

Jason

Edit:

You would want a step 4b - Save FoW of first map - this saves the extra explored by PC B. Step 5 is fine. Step 6 will then load the old info for PC A and the recently saved info for PC B (no loss of data for either PC).

As to the second scenario, the save on first map keeps the only PC A data and saves the new info for PC B. No need for merge. Merge can help if you forget to load previously saved FoW and you have done some exploring.

Jason

Thanks a lot for testing this! I just bought the extension, looking forward to use it in my upcoming session :).

jharp
January 8th, 2022, 23:49

I'm sure it can be remedied but it seems that another module is affecting the buttons. I've tested my module and PF1e and 2e and the buttons appear. Please send me a list of the modules (edit: extensions) you are using and I'll see if I can fix it. Alternatively you can zip up your fg-data directory (modules, extensions and all) and I can download the complete data directory for testing on my side.

Jason

Kelrugem
January 11th, 2022, 20:43
I'm sure it can be remedied but it seems that another module is affecting the buttons. I've tested my module and PF1e and 2e and the buttons appear. Please send me a list of the modules (edit: extensions) you are using and I'll see if I can fix it. Alternatively you can zip up your fg-data directory (modules, extensions and all) and I can download the complete data directory for testing on my side.

Jason

It looks like that Morenu at least uses my extension, this one here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1/view :) I indeed also overwrite the toolbar, a change of your loadorder may help? My loadorder should be below 50, I think :) (I sadly do not own your extension, so, I cannot test on my own)

jharp
January 11th, 2022, 21:55
It looks like that Morenu at least uses my extension, this one here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1/view :) I indeed also overwrite the toolbar, a change of your loadorder may help? My loadorder should be below 50, I think :) (I sadly do not own your extension, so, I cannot test on my own)

Thanks, I'll take a look and see what I can do to remedy.

Jason

Morenu
January 11th, 2022, 23:41
Ugh, I forgot about this, let me see if I can get you my DMs list

Kelrugem
January 12th, 2022, 08:40

Jason

jharp
January 12th, 2022, 16:53
Can confirm that the bad interaction is between FoW and Feature: Extended automation and overlays. Talking to Kelrugem about options.

Elewyth
January 20th, 2022, 14:42
Unfortunately, I am having some troubles with the extension:

Whenever I try to do FoW save, I get the chat message "FoWEnhanced[11]: No valid tokens found on map. Please ensure that there is a valid party sheet and valid combat tracker.". The character used to test this is in the combat tracker, on the map, and in the party sheet. I have deactivated all extensions other than FoW Enhanced.

The weird thing is, the extension works fine on a newly created test-campaign. But in my existing Tomb of Annihilation campaign, it just doesn't seem to work. I have deleted the character from the party sheet and re-added, but still the same error. Any ideas?

nephranka
January 20th, 2022, 15:22
Unfortunately, I am having some troubles with the extension:

Whenever I try to do FoW save, I get the chat message "FoWEnhanced[11]: No valid tokens found on map. Please ensure that there is a valid party sheet and valid combat tracker.". The character used to test this is in the combat tracker, on the map, and in the party sheet. I have deactivated all extensions other than FoW Enhanced.

The weird thing is, the extension works fine on a newly created test-campaign. But in my existing Tomb of Annihilation campaign, it just doesn't seem to work. I have deleted the character from the party sheet and re-added, but still the same error. Any ideas?

You might check out post #34. That was my issue and once I made the change it works fine.

jharp
January 20th, 2022, 16:21
Let me know if that fix in post 34 doesn't work for you.

Jason

Elewyth
January 20th, 2022, 23:36
You might check out post #34. That was my issue and once I made the change it works fine.

Yeah, that works. Thanks for pointing that out! Looking forward to an update, so I can switch back to title again :).

nephranka
January 21st, 2022, 00:51
Yeah, that works. Thanks for pointing that out! Looking forward to an update, so I can switch back to title again :).

I would second that!

jharp
January 21st, 2022, 01:51
Understood.

Jason.

jharp
January 26th, 2022, 20:48

Jason

Fixed in build 1.1.0d submitted to forge. Awaiting approval.

jharp
January 26th, 2022, 20:49

Jason

This issue is fixed in build 1.1.0d submitted to forge. Awaiting approval.

jharp
January 28th, 2022, 22:56
Version 1.1.0d is now active with the fixes.

Tyrannosaurus VeX
January 31st, 2022, 00:45
After the recommendation from someone, I just bought and tested this extension out and it VERY MUCH solves a problem we've been having in a game of Dungeon of the Mad Mage where the party often leaves the main map to go down side-passages and explore extra maps I've created with additional content. This allows them to return to the main map and still be able to visually see where they've been before.

Thanks so much for this extension! Totally worth the money!

jharp
January 31st, 2022, 01:36
After the recommendation from someone, I just bought and tested this extension out and it VERY MUCH solves a problem we've been having in a game of Dungeon of the Mad Mage where the party often leaves the main map to go down side-passages and explore extra maps I've created with additional content. This allows them to return to the main map and still be able to visually see where they've been before.

Thanks so much for this extension! Totally worth the money!

Appreciated.

jharp
May 26th, 2022, 04:05
My FG Forge account is in restricted mode at the moment. I expect it will be remedied soon but in the meantime I'm not certain what will occur to your ability to use this module. Let me know if it doesn't work anymore.

Jason

FyreM
May 26th, 2022, 22:06
Exactly the reason i got this too. DotMM.

Ludd_G
June 12th, 2022, 11:31
Hi,

I was just about to recommend this extension to someone, but see it in my Forge Inventory as Unlisted, which I assume makes this unavailable to those who don't already have it? Is this due to the previously mentioned 'restricted mode' and if so is this just a temporary hiccup? Really love this extension and would love to point others towards it when it's available again.

Cheers,

Simon

jharp
June 12th, 2022, 13:47
fixed

Ludd_G
June 12th, 2022, 15:35
Excellent! :D

jharp
October 1st, 2022, 23:43
FoWEnhanced is 50% off for the next week.

Jason

MrDDT
October 5th, 2022, 18:36
Nice!

ladro9hands
October 30th, 2022, 01:57
I have installed the extension but when I hit the FoW save button, or the FoW Load button I get an error:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CTL:imagewindow_toolbar:fow_load"]:56: attempt to call field 'getNodeFromTokenRef' (a nil value)

jharp
October 30th, 2022, 03:25
Please ensure that you have added the Players to the party sheet and the combat tracker. The code it is complaining about is the old way it would try to get player details. It only runs if the new way fails. The new way fails if you don't have the party and combat setup.

Let me know.

Jason

ladro9hands
October 30th, 2022, 03:43
All 4 characters in use have been added to the party sheet and are on the combat tracker. Two of those characters are being controlled by one player because we had an absence. Is that the cause of it? Do all the players need to be logged in to save?

When we first tried using the extension and had this problem we did have a character (also with no player logged in) on the party sheet that wasn't in the combat tracker. We thought that might have been the problem so we removed her from the party sheet and resaved it. Could this also be a problem leftover from that occurence?

jharp
October 30th, 2022, 05:30
All 4 characters in use have been added to the party sheet and are on the combat tracker. Two of those characters are being controlled by one player because we had an absence. Is that the cause of it? Do all the players need to be logged in to save?

When we first tried using the extension and had this problem we did have a character (also with no player logged in) on the party sheet that wasn't in the combat tracker. We thought that might have been the problem so we removed her from the party sheet and resaved it. Could this also be a problem leftover from that occurence?

The order of operations that I use in my testing is to first add the players to the player sheet, then add them to the combat sheet, then drag from combat sheet to map. If you post a zip of your campaign I can test further for you. As to login you don't need anyone logged in to save. As to the left over it could be but not certain. Try my suggested order of operations and see if saving then works.

Edit: You don't explicitly say that the characters have been dragged to the map. Please just confirm they are on the map. I presume so but thought I would ask.

Jason

jharp
October 30th, 2022, 05:56
Yeah I can reproduce this if I have a token on the map but it doesn't exist on the combat tracker. Placing it on the combat tracker doesn't fix it. You must remove from the map and then drag from CT.

I used to match up tokens by name but the name field doesn't always exist depending on the options selected.

Jason

Farnaby
November 17th, 2022, 18:45
Quick question:

What do the 2 options Auto Share/Unshare do exactly?

jharp
November 17th, 2022, 19:18
Auto Share will share the map with players when you load the FoW data (click the load button)
Auto Unshare will unshare the map when click the save button

It was a user request some while back I think.

Jason

SirGunther
January 6th, 2023, 03:04
So, I love this extension and it works really well in general. I've just tried it for the first time with Portals - Revamped, and it's throwing errors. This plus Portals would make life so nice in DOTMM. Is there something I need to do to get it to work? Specifically, I get the same error that comes up when you try to save a map with a token you haven't dragged in off the combat tracker whenever I try to save with a portal token on the map.

jharp
January 6th, 2023, 16:08
It did work at some point. I'll talk to Bob and see whats up.
Jason

Azrael1337
March 18th, 2023, 23:28
Hey there, first off, nice Extension. :)

I'll talk to Bob and see whats up.

Was just thinking about buying this, does it work with Portals - REVAMPED! again?

jharp
March 19th, 2023, 02:38
I'll give it a test and report back. I know bob did an update recently.

Jason

nephranka
March 23rd, 2023, 15:54
Recently, I have encounter an error on different maps with different campaigns.
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:imagewindow_toolbar:fow_save"]:55: attempt to call field 'getNodeFromTokenRef' (a nil value)

In a clean campaign (with all the exts on) it works and at the start in these cases it works as well, but over time things change and this error starts happening. I have removed the characters (PS, CT, and map) and added them back for no change. I have tried even edited the DB and cleared the FOW section and deleted the FOW files. Nothing seem to fix it. I was hoping you might have a thought that could help me. I can email you the campaign file if that helps.

Temmpest
April 24th, 2023, 15:11
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:imagewindow_toolbar:fow_save"]:55: attempt to call field 'getNodeFromTokenRef' (a nil value)

In a clean campaign (with all the exts on) it works and at the start in these cases it works as well, but over time things change and this error starts happening. I have removed the characters (PS, CT, and map) and added them back for no change. I have tried even edited the DB and cleared the FOW section and deleted the FOW files. Nothing seem to fix it. I was hoping you might have a thought that could help me. I can email you the campaign file if that helps.

Having the same issue. It worked great at the start of the campaign, but it no longer works and I get script errors.

Temmpest
April 26th, 2023, 16:58
Is anyone else having issues? Or is it just me?

nephranka
April 27th, 2023, 00:19
Is anyone else having issues? Or is it just me?

I am sure it is happening more than just to us 2....

jharp
April 27th, 2023, 15:58
I am so sorry. I have not been watching this thread and someone finally reported it in DM. I'll take a look.

Jason

jharp
April 27th, 2023, 16:03

Yes please post a campaign share. Thx

nephranka
April 28th, 2023, 00:39
Yes please post a campaign share. Thx

PM sent.

jharp
April 28th, 2023, 18:49
Alright I know the issue, and it is an old issue. It relates to users having items on the map that can't be resolved in the combat sheet / player sheet. I use a backup method to find the token but if it fails to find it it fails poorly.

As an alternative, I've updated the code to fail more cleanly (ie it saves what it can). So when you save, make certain you see all the users you expect to see being saved. If not then there might be other issues lurking abouts.

Anyways, I submitted the build but it is in the approval stages.

Jason

Temmpest
April 28th, 2023, 21:31
Hey Jason,

Do you think it might also have something to do with the new feature where blood splatter tokens are placed after an NPC is killed?

jharp
April 29th, 2023, 01:53
Ohhhh that could be. No worry this update should just ignore tokens it can't find.

It is now the live version so let me know if you still have issues.

Jason

nephranka
April 29th, 2023, 12:08
Ohhhh that could be. No worry this update should just ignore tokens it can't find.

It is now the live version so let me know if you still have issues.

Jason

The update has fixed the errors. Now, it is just chat output of the things not saved.

jharp
June 17th, 2023, 22:05
If anyone has been thinking about FoWEnhanced but was waiting for a price drop, well it has happened. Buy it while it is cheap whether you need it or not. :)

Jason

TheoGeek
June 17th, 2023, 23:16
Bought because I'll probably need it.

Thanks!

Azrael1337
June 17th, 2023, 23:32
Does the extension work with Portals - Revamped again?
If so, I'll gladly buy it ;)

nephranka
June 25th, 2023, 11:48
Running into this error when I load LoS from a map. I assume it is similar to the issue we had with saving?
[6/25/2023 6:36:05 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:imagewindow_toolbar:fow_load"]:55: attempt to call field 'getNodeFromTokenRef' (a nil value)

jharp
June 25th, 2023, 14:19
I'll take a look.

jharp
June 25th, 2023, 14:30
1.2.1a submitted with fix.

jharp
June 29th, 2023, 19:11
Fix is live.

Azrael1337
June 29th, 2023, 22:18
Is the extension still available somewhere?

it hasn't been available for a few days in the forge now.
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/224/view

nephranka
June 30th, 2023, 00:46
Fix is live.

Looks to be working. Thanks!

jharp
June 30th, 2023, 01:20
Is the extension still available somewhere?

it hasn't been available for a few days in the forge now.
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/224/view

I was waiting on a fix to be published. It is listed again.

Jason

Azrael1337
October 24th, 2023, 09:11
Hey there o/

Sorry to bother you, but is this Extension working with Portals Revamped now?

Was just thinking about buying this, does it work with Portals - REVAMPED! again?

Does the extension work with Portals - Revamped again?
If so, I'll gladly buy it ;)