PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a noob

lafintiger
September 10th, 2021, 17:06
I purchased FGU and am having some difficulty navigating some basics. I am sure that once I get oriented it will be pretty smooth. I watch several videos but still can not figure something out.

I have FGU on steam. I purchased the Rage of Demons campaign. I have no idea how to load that campaign/module/adventure. Not sure what it is called in game as I am an old school books and dice DnD gamer.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

JohnD
September 10th, 2021, 17:11
Bring up the launch screen, create a 5e campaign. Start. When FG opens, go into your Library and look at modules. Load the RoD module. Look in the relevant places for the information - Story, Images, Reference Manual, etc....

FG College or whatever they're calling themselves now does a great job of smoothing out the initial learning curve.

Nylanfs
September 10th, 2021, 17:18
Welcome to the forums and FG Community!

They are now the Fantasy Grounds Academy (https://fantasygroundscollege.net/).

lafintiger
September 10th, 2021, 17:29
Thank you. I will ask the noob questions there. Hopefully will get up to speed quickly.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2021, 17:30
Welcome to the FG forums!

When you first start FGU, click on the "Quick Start Guide" button in the middle of the startup screen. Watch the video on how to setup FGU (and link your FG account), download/update your purchased products, create a campaign and load your module/s (reference material and adventures). Pause the video at various points and follow along in FGU.

GunnarGreybeard
September 10th, 2021, 17:36
Thank you. I will ask the noob questions there. Hopefully will get up to speed quickly.

I would also recommend Fantasy Grounds Academy especially joining their Discord channel.

lafintiger
September 10th, 2021, 17:42
So RoD does not show up in modules. I am searching my drive for rod or rage and not finding it. Perhaps it did not download? I did the update after I purchased it.

Thoughts?

Trenloe
September 10th, 2021, 17:48
Do you mean this product: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC5EOOTA

If so, search for abyss in your Data Module Activation screen.

lafintiger
September 10th, 2021, 18:30
Update:

I think the problem I had was that I had my steam games on my d drive, and there was an install on the c drive - smite works.

I uninstalled the games, deleted all smiteworks folders. Reinstalled fresh with the defaults and now abyss shows up. Thanks for the assistance. It helped me track down the issue.

GunnarGreybeard
September 10th, 2021, 22:31
Good deal! Glad you got it sorted.