PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars 5e

Niles
September 9th, 2021, 15:58
I downloaded a Star Wars module compatible with 5e on the forge about a month ago. It's no longer available on the forge and when I try to load the ruleset in Fantasy Grounds, I get errors saying it's an unknown ruleset name. Can anyone help?

ChrisRevocateur
September 9th, 2021, 17:57
That's not the 5e version, that's the one built on the Fantasy Flight Games Genesys system.

Niles
September 9th, 2021, 18:54
That's not the 5e version, that's the one built on the Fantasy Flight Games Genesys system.

When I downloaded the extension and module, it was billed as SW5e. I was able to log into FG and everything worked. Now it's no longer available in The Forge and I get the error message. I was just wondering why it wasn't working.

Niles
September 9th, 2021, 18:59

My bad. Never mind, I just figured out you have to load a 5e campaign and then click the SW5e extension and yes, the Genesys is separate. Sorry.

ChrisRevocateur
September 9th, 2021, 19:05
No worries, there's three different Star Wars things on the Forge, two rulesets and, as you discovered, an extension for the D&D 5e ruleset. The confusion is understandable.

SilentRuin
September 9th, 2021, 20:05
No worries, there's three different Star Wars things on the Forge, two rulesets and, as you discovered, an extension for the D&D 5e ruleset. The confusion is understandable.

At one point pico had an early version that he used and I think he put it out in forge also - but as I don't use it you'd have to ask him about it in here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47628-SW5e-a-star-wars-home-brew-on-the-5e-rule-set).

Pico has own thread on those things - of which I've made a comprehensive version he references in page 1 - which is this... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47628-SW5e-a-star-wars-home-brew-on-the-5e-rule-set&p=616314&viewfull=1#post616314

You will never find that on forge as I did it for myself but gave it to him and anyone else who wants to use it. 5E ruleset.