PDA

View Full Version : Japan game

cothin
August 24th, 2007, 11:05
I am interested in starting, or joining a game that is run from Japan or on Japanese time. I know that is a little odd but I am over here for the next few years and would love to start a game. The game would be set in Eberron and would run a night or two every week if I ran it. Probably from like 6 to 9 or something close to that. I have been DMing for 11 years and playing for 12. If there is a game going on already that would be awesome to. Thanks for listening to me ;)

Tokuriku
August 24th, 2007, 12:45
Hello cothin!

I too am in Japan since I moved here 1 year ago.

Let me tell you that it is HARD to find players in Japan as RPGs are not that well received. If you want more details on that and my experience with gaming in japan, let me know and I'll elaborate.

As for games that are on Japan time...
During the week, if you played at night, players in america for instance would be in the morning so few will show up. Europe is a big maybe. People on Japan time are few but there are players from australia that could accomodate you.

I have a game that is due to start the 1st of September actually and it is a Saturday morning game for us in japan. I play with players from america I believe. Some invited people did not accept the invites yet so I might open a seat for you if you want it.

Here is the thread for you to size the thing up: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6957

I might also be tempted to play a game even if at week nights.
I would also really like to play in a live game here if possible so if you are in the vicinity of Tokyo and feel you'd like to GM one, pm me please :D

Waldo Pepper
August 24th, 2007, 14:22
Kenshin,
You know about JIGG right? I'm not in Japan but I do listen to the Godzilla Gaming podcast and they talk about JIGG all the time.

Sederien
August 24th, 2007, 14:41
Waldo beat me to it... JIGG (https://greatpowers1.googlepages.com/jigg%3Ajapan%60sinternationalgamersguild) would also be an excellent resource.

It's a collection of gamers across the country which announce various games and get together from time to time. I've been on the list ever since my year-long stay a couple years ago.

I'm almost envious of such a system living here in Chicago since there literally are no gaming hangouts in the city. (High rent.) I have yet to find a regular group playing here.

cothin
August 25th, 2007, 10:32
Thank you for the replies. I am in Kyushu, so I am nowhere near Tokyo, but I think we should try and get something started for those of us that are here in Japan. I have heard of JIGG but I must say that I don't know much about it. I will look into it. I will consider your offer for the September starting Saturday game, but I do some stuff with some of my buddies from the states on Saturday mornings so I will have to get the exact times you run. ;) but I think that since there are some people (at least one) interested we will be able to find something out. Thanks and Happy Gaming.

Waldo Pepper
August 25th, 2007, 10:37
You definitely should check out JIGG - from everything I've heard it's THE way to hook up with other English speaking gamers in Japan.