PDA

View Full Version : 5E - Requested Rolls

Pages : [1] 2

mccartysr
September 6th, 2021, 11:41
This extension allows the GM to send a popup to players for specific specific throws to include ability checks, saves, specific dice, initiative, and skill checks. You can also set a DC and whether to hide the roll in the console.
Optionally, this extension can cause a dialog to popup for any saving throw required. This means that when a NPC forces a saving throw, the PC is presented a button to click to actually make the roll.

This also allows modifying dice after the total is known but before FG announces if it is a success or failure. e.g. Bardic Inspiration
Each user can also turn off dice animations.

Instruction Guide: https://github.com/seanmccarty/RequestedRolls/wiki

This extension is compatible with 5E, 4E, 3.5E, 2E, PFRPG1, PFRPG2, and SFRPG.

Find this on the Forge at https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/273/view
This project is on github at https://github.com/seanmccarty/RequestedRolls

Known compatible extensions (no promises):
Better Menus https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/69/view
Combat Groups https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/154/view
Friend Zone https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/170/view
Hearth Theme https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/12/view

V0.1 Revival of Roll For Initiative Addon. Fixed compatibility issues with Better Menus, fixed saving throw compatibility with combat tracker effects, fixed CON abbreviation
V1.0 First version published to Forge. Reworded options menu for clarity. Show DC now defaults to On. Various refactor in manager_action_save.
V1.1 Popup rolls setting is now per user. Added compatibility with MNM's character sheet tweaks and SilentRuin's Combat Groups.
V1.1.1 Bug fix for character sheet tweaks auto add
V1.2 Add initial support for PFRPG 1E. Removed 5E from extension title. Updated slash handlers and added RRdebug command.
V1.2.1 Fix ability check bug for 5E introduced in V1.2
V1.2.2 Replace deprecated getActor functions to be compliant with pending ruleset updates. Restored function of adv/dis buttons on console. (Build 6)
V2.0-beta Now works with most extensions that had issues. Added support for PFRPG2, SFRPG, and 3.5E. Reduced interface size. Uses manual rolls window for rolls. Does not create popups when you click saves on character sheet. Currently does not create popups for concentration or death saving throws.
V2.0-beta.1 Closes popup window automatically after completing last roll. Creates popup for concentration and death saving throw. Fixed various logic errors with popups and skill rolls. Added snazzy new expandable button trays to the main console page. Add ability for end user to add custom skills, abbreviations for console buttons, and select which rolls show on the console.
V2.0-rc Add ability to add buttons and skills separately. Numerous behind the scenes adjustments. Better display information when no skills, etc... are selected for the drop down boxes.
V2.0 Fix issue with hidden rolls throwing errors on host
V2.1 Fix issue with subskills other than knowledge not performing lookups. Add ability for client to add modifiers to roll after it is displayed.
V2.2 Fix error for adding proficiency to skill rolls in 5E. Add help button with link to GitHub wiki. Implement state memory for expander trays.
V2.3 Add indicator to token when they have rolls to do. Add DC fields to each expander. Add ability to click a button in an expander tray to roll (optional). Add ability to link DC fields (optional). Add ability to hide expander trays. Fix hidden NPCs now roll to tower for all roll types.
V2.3.1 Add provisional support for 4E. Fix error encountered while adding custom roll types on options page.
V2.3.2 Minor interface changes, load order increased to 5, bugfixes for February ruleset updates
V2.3.3 Bugfix for March ruleset update
V2.4 Implement auto roll option for GM, deselect on roll option, match targeting to active CT, auto-hide option for manual dice entry option, Add PFRPG stabilization to popup roll checks
V2.4.1 Bugfixes and code cleanup. Moved desktop modifiers option to correct area. Partial support for player controlled NPCs in 5E via FriendZone. Deprecate non-JSON rolls
V2.4.2 Fixed issue where NPCs could be owned by NPCs with Friendzone. Enabled support for non-5E ruleset NPCs via Cohorts and Companions
V2.4.3 Finished adding NPC support for VS rolls. Deprecate use modifiers after roll option
V2.4.4 Bug fix from v2.4.3
V2.5 Remove support for non-JSON rolls. Add support for ongoing saves from BetterCombatEffects.
V2.5.1 Bug fix for adding advantage to rolls with bonus dice after the popup is shown
V2.6 Add indicator to portrait of character with current initiative. Remove option to not apply modifiers after roll is shown. Add right click to portrait to make all rolls. Add roll type registration for other extensions to register popups.
V2.7 Add support for DnD 2E
V2.8 Add ability for GM to delete a character's pending rolls. Add support for user defined dice rolls (includes advanced strings)
V2.9 Add ability to drag and drop rolls from the manual rolls window to the tower or chat.
V2.10-beta Add staged rolls capability.
V2.10-beta.1 Add instant dice capability.
V2.10-beta.2 Bug fix
V2.10-beta.3 When an identifier has a colon after it with a dice string e.g. BardicInspiration:3d6, the player can now double click it to automatically roll the dice and add them to the staged roll and it expires the effect from their character.
V2.10 Full support for staged rolls and instant dice. Moved staged rolls into manual rolls window.
V2.11 Staged rolls now roll actual dice. Staged roll reason can now be dragged to chat to trigger it. Ctrl+click the re-roll buttons in the staged roll window to automatically replace the die rather than just display in chat.
V2.11.1 Bug fix for list editor changes.
V2.12 Add support for CoreRPG. See the wiki for instructions.
V2.12.1 Bug fixes.
V2.12.2 Fix death saving throw for 4E.
V2.12.3 Resolved issues from June update. Misc bug fixes.

This replaced Roll for Initiative Addon by Houndy at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56994-5E-RFIA-Addon-Manual-spell-concentration-death-saves-NPC-support-Contested-skill. That project had not been updated in over one year and had multiple breaking issues.

mccartysr
September 6th, 2021, 11:53
Issues are welcome at https://github.com/seanmccarty/RequestedRolls/issues
Please make sure you are using the most recent version of FGU and the extension and include the following info.

What other extensions are you using. Determine the problematic extension, if you are not running plain FGU.

What is the problem?

Try to describe the steps to recreate the error.

If possible please copy and paste your console log.

KNOWN INCOMPATIBLE EXTENSIONS: (not an exhaustive list)
None currently known as of v2.9

MeAndUnique
September 6th, 2021, 17:05
Great work!

SirMotte
September 6th, 2021, 17:18
Oh wow, someone ia stepping up. Great work!
I'll add support to my theme asap!

MrDDT
September 6th, 2021, 19:01
Nice, Thanks for working on this.

mordkhaan
September 6th, 2021, 20:04
Good job mate!

nephranka
September 7th, 2021, 00:24
Very cool. Ran it tonight and it is working great!

I would really like to resolve these conflicts so I can turn on the manual option for the players.

mccartysr
September 7th, 2021, 01:24
For everyone's awareness, I do not have these other extensions, as I use very few, and thus cannot troubleshoot them directly.

GKEnialb
September 7th, 2021, 03:37
Awesome job - can't wait to try it out!

FyreM
September 7th, 2021, 04:24
most of the time, there is very little a New extention can do to become compatibly with an older extention. as the problem is with the older one.

Still , one can hope that the Devs of the Other extentions, will update theirs

mccartysr
September 7th, 2021, 05:05
Mattekure and I are currently working compatibility between this and 5e indicators. I'll post an update when we have an idea of whether a fix is possible.

Kingfish
September 7th, 2021, 20:56
Sweeeet! Can't wait for my group to get back at it so we can try this out!

I assume we don't need RFIA at all with this, correct?

Raddu
September 8th, 2021, 16:17
Right, this is a new standalone extension.

Raddu
September 8th, 2021, 16:40
Feature Request: The ability to do ad-hoc traps. The way I see this working is that the DM would request rolls for a saving throw. They would also input damage, ANd based on the PCs/NPCs saving throw results damage would be applied with a click. Maybe a check mark to half or no damage on a save.

nephranka
September 8th, 2021, 22:39
Looks like Advantage Display- Extension v1.0.1 by Kent Kent McCullough is in the clear. This was a mistake and does not look to be effecting this ext.

mccartysr
September 13th, 2021, 16:29
I am soliciting feedback on updating the verbiage in the Options Menu, and by extension how the rolls are generally referred to.
I know there was some discussion about calling them override saves, and I am curious how people would specifically word these menu options. It is acceptable to answer that the current option is clear enough.
BTW, this menu shows changes since the last release, and those changes have been pushed to my repo. I updated how the option to show/hide the sidebar menu is displayed and that specific option now only appears for the Host.

Raddu
September 13th, 2021, 16:40
I think it's clear.

wframe
September 14th, 2021, 15:15
I am soliciting feedback on updating the verbiage in the Options Menu, and by extension how the rolls are generally referred to.
I know there was some discussion about calling them override saves, and I am curious how people would specifically word these menu options. It is acceptable to answer that the current option is clear enough.
BTW, this menu shows changes since the last release, and those changes have been pushed to my repo. I updated how the option to show/hide the sidebar menu is displayed and that specific option now only appears for the Host.

You could change the option to say "player rolls save" and "NPC rolls save" or something, I suppose. I have never had an issue with the way it's worded. It was the entire reason I used this extension and I knew what I was downloading. I suppose if someone installed it for a different purpose, that wording might confuse them. But considering the fact that the saves really are rolled automatically for them, "manual" seems like the right wording. "Prompted Saving Throw" might also be more accurate, since they will get a popup when attacked by a spell/ability.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this. I'm looking forward to the day I can use it with 5e Indicators, but my players would absolutely rebel if they couldn't roll their own saving throws (even though they're really just clicking a box that allows the system to roll it for them anyway).

Ludd_G
September 14th, 2021, 18:31
I also think that 'manual save rolls' is clear enough, but I also accept others may disagree.

Cheers,

Simon

MrDDT
September 14th, 2021, 18:36

Why not call it?
"Automatic Save Rolls PC"
"Automatic Save Rolls NPC"

Then flip the logic? Default it to on.

The main reason there is confusion with manual is because manual to most people think of Manual Rolls as you rolling a REAL die and then putting a number in.

GKEnialb
September 19th, 2021, 23:49
Mattekure and I are currently working compatibility between this and 5e indicators. I'll post an update when we have an idea of whether a fix is possible.

For the free version, at least, it looks like all that has to be done is add

if msgOOB.sSaveDesc then

to line 261 of Manager_Status_Indicators

and

end

to line 295 (put all of handleApplySave inside an if block - it actually gets called twice and the first time is the issue).

Klandare
September 20th, 2021, 15:50
Why not call it?
"Automatic Save Rolls PC"
"Automatic Save Rolls NPC"

Then flip the logic? Default it to on.

The main reason there is confusion with manual is because manual to most people think of Manual Rolls as you rolling a REAL die and then putting a number in.

I have never used that option specifically as that is how I read it was; you roll a real die and put a number in. Is that not the behavior? What does this option do if not that?

mccartysr
September 20th, 2021, 22:52
I have never used that option specifically as that is how I read it was; you roll a real die and put a number in. Is that not the behavior? What does this option do if not that?

Similar to the dialog that is shown when the GM uses the menu to request rolls, players get that dialog when they make any save (including concentration). This includes when an NPC forces them to save from one of their attacks.

M0kkan
September 21st, 2021, 15:04
The whole purpose of this extension is to drive this functionality. I would have the default setting prompt the token owner for a roll and then have the menu option be to 'Automate save rolls - PC' and 'Automate save rolls - GM.'

If you prefer to keep the current set up, though, changing 'Manual' to 'Prompt owner for roll' would clear up some confusion. I think 'Manual' is used in other FG menus to mean entering a number manually, so that a player can roll a physical die at home and enter the result. It would be nice to keep consistent verbiage with the base FG menu.

nephranka
September 21st, 2021, 17:00
The whole purpose of this extension is to drive this functionality. I would have the default setting prompt the token owner for a roll and then have the menu option be to 'Automate save rolls - PC' and 'Automate save rolls - GM.'

I like this idea. I think it gets to the heart of what this extension is trying to do.

mccartysr
September 23rd, 2021, 10:21
in line with M0kkan's suggestion. I am thinking the following options. Verbiage was adjusted to be consistent with the rest of Fantasy Grounds.
NPC: Prompt owner to roll saves
PC: Prompt owner to roll saves
Player: Show DC
View: Sidebar Button (requires reload)

wframe
September 23rd, 2021, 15:34
in line with M0kkan's suggestion. I am thinking the following options. Verbiage was adjusted to be consistent with the rest of Fantasy Grounds.
NPC: Prompt owner to roll saves
PC: Prompt owner to roll saves
Player: Show DC
View: Sidebar Button (requires reload)

I'm good with this and I agree. Not to be off topic, but are you still working with Mattekure on compatibility with 5e-Indicators? I love this extension, but I can't use it until that's resolved, as my players kind of need the help that 5e Indicators provides (targeting indicators, etc).

mccartysr
September 23rd, 2021, 15:40
The fix will probably be in there the next time he pushes an update. We got them working together.

wframe
September 23rd, 2021, 15:40
The fix will probably be in there the next time he pushes an update. We got them working together.

Awesome! That is great to hear. Thanks for the update!

mccartysr
September 23rd, 2021, 15:44
On a related note, I'm currently working to refactor the override code because it is really hard to debug things for integration at the moment with how it's setup.

nephranka
September 23rd, 2021, 16:01
On a related note, I'm currently working to refactor the override code because it is really hard to debug things for integration at the moment with how it's setup.

I am hopeful this effort will resolve the other conflicts we are seeing.

Klandare
September 26th, 2021, 18:02
So on a hunch; I wondered if the conflict with 5E - Automatic Save Advantage for things like Brave had to do with load order of the extensions.

I took a campaign I have and only loaded the Save Advantage extension and the Requested Rolls extension. Set for PC manual rolls. Sent over a save and no popup. Went into the Request Roll ext and adjusted the loadorder field in the extension.xml file (it was set to 99 and I changed to 9999 as the Save Advantage ext is at 1000). Saved that and reloaded the campaign; sent over the same save and it worked. Then sent over a save vs. Frightened to the same character who has Brave listed on their character and it also worked (showing that the Save Advantage ext also was working).

I do not know if changing your loadorder will affect anything else but this seems to be the underlying issue with the conflicts.

nephranka
September 27th, 2021, 01:16
So on a hunch; I wondered if the conflict with 5E - Automatic Save Advantage for things like Brave had to do with load order of the extensions.

I took a campaign I have and only loaded the Save Advantage extension and the Requested Rolls extension. Set for PC manual rolls. Sent over a save and no popup. Went into the Request Roll ext and adjusted the loadorder field in the extension.xml file (it was set to 99 and I changed to 9999 as the Save Advantage ext is at 1000). Saved that and reloaded the campaign; sent over the same save and it worked. Then sent over a save vs. Frightened to the same character who has Brave listed on their character and it also worked (showing that the Save Advantage ext also was working).

I do not know if changing your loadorder will affect anything else but this seems to be the underlying issue with the conflicts.

Brilliant! I tried this and it is working! Great work. Now I am not sure everything is fully operational but this is a start.

MeAndUnique
September 27th, 2021, 02:57
Should probably request the other author to lower the load order as well, 1000 is awful high...

nephranka
September 27th, 2021, 11:34
The ext in question are Kent's and he has been out of communication for a while.

mccartysr
September 28th, 2021, 15:01
This extension has been moved to the Forge at https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/273/view
Please remove the old extension from your data folder when subscribing via the Forge. (This will install to data folder)
V1.0 released simultaneously.

Raddu
September 28th, 2021, 15:58
Thanks for keeping this going! I noticed a small issue, not a bug, but more of a quality of life update if possible.

I'm using the Combat Groups extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64103-Combat-Groups-Extension-(Fantasy-Grounds-Unity-5E-Ruleset)) and Requested Rolls doesn't seem to take the NPCs from what's visible on the CT, it takes ALL the NPCs from the CT whether they're hidden via the Combat Groups or not. So I have a large list of NPCs in RR.

I'm not sure if that's something RR or the Combat Groups extension would have to update.

MeAndUnique
September 28th, 2021, 17:03
At a high level, RR should probably be using CombatManager.getCombatantNodes() and CG should probably be leveraging CombatManager.setCustomGetCombatantNodes() to play nicely with other extensions. Though I'll leave hashing out the details to the experts in this case ;)

Klandare
September 28th, 2021, 17:38
This extension has been moved to the Forge at https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/273/view
Please remove the old extension from your data folder when subscribing via the Forge. (This will install to data folder)
V1.0 released simultaneously.

This is great news!

Were you going to adjust the loadorder value to prevent the conflicts with Kent's extensions since he has not been in communication for awhile? Currently, I am going in and editing it myself but can see that getting overwritten when you make and update and then me forgetting :confused:

nephranka
September 28th, 2021, 17:45
This is great news!

Were you going to adjust the loadorder value to prevent the conflicts with Kent's extensions since he has not been in communication for awhile? Currently, I am going in and editing it myself but can see that getting overwritten when you make and update and then me forgetting :confused:

That would be nice as a short term fix while you are working on the refactoring.

nephranka
September 29th, 2021, 01:07
One other thing I do, I thought I would pass a long, is I modify the file rfia_roll_manager.lua in scripts to account for mad nomad's Character_Sheet_Tweaks so as to include the tools in the roll selection. Below is the code.
I insert these lines right after the Survival skill.

addSkillItem("Tools/Items: Artisans Tools", "Skill", "Artisans Tools", performSkillRoll);
addSkillItem("Tools/Items: Gaming Set", "Skill", "Gaming Set", performSkillRoll);
addSkillItem("Tools/Items: Instrument", "Skill", "Instrument", performSkillRoll);
addSkillItem("Tools/Items: Thieves Tools", "Skill", "Thieves Tools", performSkillRoll);

mccartysr
September 29th, 2021, 02:03
I've added character sheet tweaks and the combat groups to my issues tracker. The character sheet tweaks looks like an easy enhancement. Regarding the load order, while I'm reluctant to up my load order that high, it's something I'll consider. If people aren't reporting negative effects while testing the higher load, I may make the change.

FyreM
September 29th, 2021, 05:33
is it compatiable with 5e Indicators now?

mccartysr
September 29th, 2021, 14:27
is it compatiable with 5e Indicators now?

Not currently out of the box. Previous comments have a fix you can implement until the next 5e Indicators is pushed.

SmackDaddy
September 29th, 2021, 17:00
One other thing I do, I thought I would pass a long, is I modify the file rfia_roll_manager.lua in scripts to account for mad nomad's Character_Sheet_Tweaks so as to include the tools in the roll selection. Below is the code.
I insert these lines right after the Survival skill.

addSkillItem("Tools/Items: Artisans Tools", "Skill", "Artisans Tools", performSkillRoll);
addSkillItem("Tools/Items: Gaming Set", "Skill", "Gaming Set", performSkillRoll);
addSkillItem("Tools/Items: Instrument", "Skill", "Instrument", performSkillRoll);
addSkillItem("Tools/Items: Thieves Tools", "Skill", "Thieves Tools", performSkillRoll);

Will this be implemented into the release or is this something we would have to do manually when a new release of RR is submitted? (where compatibility w/Mad Nomad's tweaks is concerned at least)

mccartysr
September 29th, 2021, 22:24
Future RR releases will automatically add these if character sheet tweaks is also loaded.

Will this be implemented into the release or is this something we would have to do manually when a new release of RR is submitted? (where compatibility w/Mad Nomad's tweaks is concerned at least)

webdove
October 4th, 2021, 16:31
Hi, I want to be able to roll party perception or stealth without the party knowing and including all their minions (mounts, summons, familiars etc) if I disable request player for PC and request player for NPC will that send all the notifications to me and none to them?

Raddu
October 4th, 2021, 16:48
That's what Passive Perception is for, 10+Perception bonus. Then you don't need to roll.

webdove
October 4th, 2021, 17:01
Thanks. I understand. I sometimes prefer the randomness. Does disabling those settings prevent the players from being informed?

mccartysr
October 4th, 2021, 23:32
No. Those options only affect whether a PC or NPC forced safe (e.g. being attacked) will display a pop-up notification or roll like normal. The popup will always show on the owners' desktop if turned on.

EllivasKram
October 9th, 2021, 18:27
Does this extn still have issues with :-

Automatic Save Advantage
Automatic Shield Master

It used to have issue with halfling luck also if memory serves me correctly.

Klandare
October 9th, 2021, 21:38
Does this extn still have issues with :-

Automatic Save Advantage
Automatic Shield Master

It used to have issue with halfling luck also if memory serves me correctly.

The way I got it to work with those extensions was to change the loadorder value. (I change the one in Requested Roll to 9999 in the extension.xml file). it likely doesn't need to be as high as that but it was just simplier moving it up to that and I think that the other extensions have a value of like 1000.

mccartysr
October 11th, 2021, 13:01
V1.1 has been released via the Forge

Popup rolls setting is now per user. Direct users to set the popup rolls setting to on if they wish to see the popup rolls for saving throws for their characters.
Added compatibility with MNM's character sheet tweaks. The tools are automatically added if the character sheet tweaks is loaded.
Added compatibility with SilentRuin's Combat Groups. If a combat group is hidden, that group will not show on the RR console.

Also, I forgot to update the version number so you will still see version 1.0

EllivasKram
October 11th, 2021, 16:13
Nice. I have just one user who likes to roll their own saves etc. The other are fine with auto rolling. No amount of saying it’s the same computer rolling.

One clarification. If the GM has setting for pop ups saves off. Then the players then each have individual control in their settings ?

mccartysr
October 11th, 2021, 22:56
The GM setting controls it for the GM only. It has no influence on whether the popups show for the player.

nephranka
October 11th, 2021, 23:13
Great work. Everything seems to be working (after I adjusted the load order ;) ). One question, if the player has set the prompt for saves to "yes" should any auto called concentration checks pop a request? Currently it does not. I assumed since this is a system call, that is why it would carry through the roll as it does.

nephranka
October 12th, 2021, 11:40
I spoke too soon. The additional tools are not showing up either.

mccartysr
October 12th, 2021, 12:58
I see the concentration saving throw issue. Workaround is have the DM set to on, but then it does it for everybody's concentration throws. This is because the concentration roll is triggered by the host. I'll have to dig into this to see if I can fix it.

I'm pushing a bugfix for the tweaks in v1.1.1

I spoke too soon. The additional tools are not showing up either.

anathemort
October 12th, 2021, 17:36
Trying this one out again, thanks for picking it up. Is this a known issue or extension conflict? When I have NPC prompts turned ON and a player forces a saving throw against a NPC, the chat reports that they rolled a 1 before I can respond. I don't get the roll request window, but if I open it manually I see the request is there, which I can then respond to manually as expected.

anathemort
October 12th, 2021, 17:55
Answering my own question, it is a conflict with the Spell Automation extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62208-5E-Spell-Automation). Since that is a paid extension, I'll post on their thread to see if I can encourage some collaboration on this issue.

nephranka
October 12th, 2021, 23:06
I see the concentration saving throw issue. Workaround is have the DM set to on, but then it does it for everybody's concentration throws. This is because the concentration roll is triggered by the host. I'll have to dig into this to see if I can fix it.

I'm pushing a bugfix for the tweaks in v1.1.1

Looks like they are still missing.

nephranka
October 12th, 2021, 23:09
Answering my own question, it is a conflict with the Spell Automation extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62208-5E-Spell-Automation). Since that is a paid extension, I'll post on their thread to see if I can encourage some collaboration on this issue.

So, have you tried changing the load order? I set mine to 9999 for this ext and I don't have any conflict with combat automation PC or NPC settings.

mccartysr
October 13th, 2021, 10:12
Looks like they are still missing.

And I found it now. It's a script load order issue with the way I am calling it. I will have to check for secondary effects. I checked it does load correctly with a stubbed extension.

nephranka
October 13th, 2021, 10:42
And I found it now. It's a script load order issue with the way I am calling it. I will have to check for secondary effects. I checked it does load correctly with a stubbed extension.

In the meantime I just removed the if statement. I am in there changing the loadorder already, so no big deal.

Zygmunt Molotch
October 13th, 2021, 13:45
any chance for support for PFRPG?

mccartysr
October 13th, 2021, 14:34
any chance for support for PFRPG?

No, unfortunately. A quick test shows that some of the request features work, but I don't know how to play PFRPG and therefore don't know where to start for troubleshooting.

Zygmunt Molotch
October 13th, 2021, 17:25
No, unfortunately. A quick test shows that some of the request features work, but I don't know how to play PFRPG and therefore don't know where to start for troubleshooting.

I'm happy to bug test, and answer anything, to facilitate it :)

I'm sure some other 3.5 and PFRPG GM/extension creators would also chime in,

it's a great idea (a lot of auto rolls like will/ref/fort really should be rolled by the player to encourage engagement)

Bonkon
October 18th, 2021, 21:49
Good Day All :)
I am having a bit of an issue with this extension. Nothing game stopping, but it is not sending the requested Saving Throws to the PC's and it is always showing the DC regardless of the selections in the Settings. I made a brand new campaign and deleted the extension from my folder and had the Forge redownload it and only enabled this extension and the problem persists.

Is it something I am failing to see? :)

mccartysr
October 19th, 2021, 05:00
Good Day All :)
I am having a bit of an issue with this extension. Nothing game stopping, but it is not sending the requested Saving Throws to the PC's and it is always showing the DC regardless of the selections in the Settings. I made a brand new campaign and deleted the extension from my folder and had the Forge redownload it and only enabled this extension and the problem persists.

Is it something I am failing to see? :)

I am not seeing either of these issues. If you are trying to get the popup saves caused by NPCs, make sure that the player has the setting turned on in their option menus. The DC option only hides it on the popup rolls list.

anathemort
October 19th, 2021, 17:34
I had an idea request for this. Is it feasible to get an option near the skills selection to "select PCs with proficiency" (or expertise, of course)?

mccartysr
October 19th, 2021, 17:55
I had an idea request for this. Is it feasible to get an option near the skills selection to "select PCs with proficiency" (or expertise, of course)?

Why do you want this? What is the end goal of being able to select the characters with proficiency in a specific skill?

anathemort
October 19th, 2021, 18:09
Why do you want this? What is the end goal of being able to select the characters with proficiency in a specific skill?

Often I'll ask for a group skill check but only for those with proficiency in that skill, and it's cumbersome for the players who don't have their proficiencies memorized to run back to the skill tab (for some reason, folks at my tables seem to trend towards the abilities tab first...). Anyway, for example, if the party is looking at a special ruin I might ask for a History check from those with proficiency; those without might be able to argue their character's case based on background or something, but that's a case-by-case basis anyway.

Bonkon
October 20th, 2021, 01:55
I am not seeing either of these issues. If you are trying to get the popup saves caused by NPCs, make sure that the player has the setting turned on in their option menus. The DC option only hides it on the popup rolls list.

Good Day srmccarty :)
Ahhh! I must have missed that!! I will pass that on the my players if they want it :)

Thanks!! :)

Croddwyn
October 25th, 2021, 17:36
I'm happy to bug test, and answer anything, to facilitate it :)

I'm sure some other 3.5 and PFRPG GM/extension creators would also chime in,

it's a great idea (a lot of auto rolls like will/ref/fort really should be rolled by the player to encourage engagement)

I've got a fork of the project working for Pathfinder. Adding 3.5 would be a matter of detecting ruleset and altering the skills section accordingly. Or figure out a way to automate the skills bit. I played with that some, but defaulted to simply hard-coding for Pathfinder just to get it working. I'm looking at publishing options for my update, but am unsure of the community etiquette for this kind of semi-trivial "update".

mccartysr
October 26th, 2021, 04:52
I've got a fork of the project working for Pathfinder. Adding 3.5 would be a matter of detecting ruleset and altering the skills section accordingly. Or figure out a way to automate the skills bit. I played with that some, but defaulted to simply hard-coding for Pathfinder just to get it working. I'm looking at publishing options for my update, but am unsure of the community etiquette for this kind of semi-trivial "update".

I'm interested in working together. I sent you a DM.

graphil
October 26th, 2021, 09:24
Thanks for putting together this. Has great potential.
Small item to begin with. On your forge page you haven't added a forum link to get to here.

For the prompt owner to roll saves. I have them turned on in the options however when I tried dropping a lightening bolt save on a PC they don't get the pop up box, it just rolls the save automatically.
Any ideas?

mccartysr
October 26th, 2021, 09:56
Thanks for putting together this. Has great potential.
Small item to begin with. On your forge page you haven't added a forum link to get to here.

For the prompt owner to roll saves. I have them turned on in the options however when I tried dropping a lightening bolt save on a PC they don't get the pop up box, it just rolls the save automatically.
Any ideas?

Below the box to rate the extension, there is a link to forum thread where SW puts it by default. It's easy to miss.
For the popup rolls, it is per user so.they need to turn it on .This was a recent change, and I will be putting out clarification about this in the next update.

graphil
October 26th, 2021, 10:15
Working perfectly now. Get the prompt as expected.

mccartysr
November 4th, 2021, 20:07
V1.2 is now live in the forge and there are some significant changes.
The extension name that shows on the menu has changed. I removed the 5E because multiple rulesets are now supported.
With this release I have added initial support for PFRPG 1E.
I did not updated the load order because I am working a fix that I expect to resolve the issues in a more adaptable manner.

SmackDaddy
November 6th, 2021, 19:56
Like the extension this was based off of, is there a console command that can be used to bring up the window (if we didn't want to have it displayed on the right side)?

mccartysr
November 6th, 2021, 20:47
Like the extension this was based off of, is there a console command that can be used to bring up the window (if we didn't want to have it displayed on the right side)?
Use the command /RR to display all available slash commands for RR. This command is displayed in chat during initial load if you forget it. That will list the command you are looking for to chat.(can't remember off the top of head)

toastsniffer187
November 7th, 2021, 18:18
Is this extension going to be made for pathfinder 2e. I noticed in the forge it runs basically for all major rulesets besides pathfinder 2e.

mccartysr
November 7th, 2021, 22:44
Is this extension going to be made for pathfinder 2e. I noticed in the forge it runs basically for all major rulesets besides pathfinder 2e.

I will probably get around to it. I will have to see how the beta release for PFRPG 1E goes, and finish implementing 3.5E. PFRPG 2E is more problematic because it is not built off of the 3.5E ruleset.

nephranka
November 7th, 2021, 22:47
Ran into an issue with Requesting an ability check. I request the check, the min they click the roll button they get this error. Saves, skills and INT all work.

toastsniffer187
November 7th, 2021, 23:06
I will probably get around to it. I will have to see how the beta release for PFRPG 1E goes, and finish implementing 3.5E. PFRPG 2E is more problematic because it is not built off of the 3.5E ruleset.

Sweet. I know a lot of people who will appreciate it, as the system is rather popular now a days. Looking forward to it. I had used the original RFI extension for 5E with the PF2E ruleset. Some of the skill rolls would work and some wouldnt, quit using it in hopes someone would make the same thing for PF2E

mccartysr
November 7th, 2021, 23:37
Ran into an issue with Requesting an ability check. I request the check, the min they click the roll button they get this error. Saves, skills and INT all work.

I've uploaded the correction for SW approval. I'll release as soon I get notified. It was a change I forgot to put into an if statement for the PFRPG roll out.

edit: released

nephranka
November 7th, 2021, 23:51
Cool

mccartysr
November 9th, 2021, 03:50
I am pushing changes in v1.2.2 for compatibility with the new ruleset updates, so people running in test should now be able to use this extension. This also fixed an issue where adv/dis on the console were not correctly applying the modifiers.

mccartysr
December 2nd, 2021, 05:26
Figured I would post an update of what I am working on.

The old roll model for the extension was pretty convoluted, so I have been working on rewriting the core of the extension to make it manageable for smaller screens.

Now uses the built in modifiers on the desktop.
Console is much smaller since drop downs are used instead of buttons. Also, vastly simplifies adding additional ability and skill types.
Now uses the Manual Rolls window to display the requested rolls. This means it plays nicely if you are using Manual Rolls. I could update this in the future, but for now it works.

I plan to upload a beta test version to the test channel sometime after the December rulesets are released.

Also, this has passed 500 subscribers, so that is pretty neat.

Ludd_G
December 2nd, 2021, 10:15
Hi,

firstly could I just extend my thanks for taking up the challenge of maintaining and developing this extension, it's very much appreciated. Using it has been a real boon for my tables.

With that said, I'd like to please request that the changes to the interface proposed above be provided in a forked variant of the extension. As I've now subscribed to the extension on Forge any updates to the extension would seem to be on an update or lose it basis (I still don't think the Forge allows you to suspend updates without also hiding the extension? I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong?) and I would very much prefer to keep using the extension with the present interface, but still maintained going forwards.

Personally, I find the interface with all buttons exposed is an incredibly quick and intuitive way to leverage the amount of functionality the extension provides. I really fear that having to use drop down menus for checks, especially those that are happening fairly often (perception, stealth) will necessarily be slower, and, whilst I love using this in game, and my players really appreciate the game flow it enables, I think that would force us to move away from using the extension, which would be a huge shame. As the interface can be easily opened and closed by dragging to a hot-key slot (F3 in my game) I have never worried about the screen real-estate it uses, but feel that any development that ends up reducing the speed and ease of use would be unfortunate.

Sorry if I'm not enthused about the coming changes, but understand that this comes from someone who absolutely loves this extension, and really does appreciate the work you've put into it (I was a user of the original extension as soon as it became available for 5e and was truly gutted when it became unusable at our table, so thanks again), and would love to keep using it as you develop it further.

Cheers,

Simon

mccartysr
December 2nd, 2021, 12:52
Ludd_G,
Thanks for the feedback. As a note about updating, you can hit disable in your inventory in the forge for the extension to stop updating. I don't anticipate the update leaving test for awhile, and I would give notice before doing so. (Assuming I get it to a releasable point and people seem more happy than upset with the changes.)

Regarding the screen real estate, I made these changes not so much because of the relative size, but the absolute size. Using it was not feasible on smaller (shorter) screens. I could have made changes to compact the interface, but I decided to make changes that would allow more flexibility and reduce the amount of hardcoding required. With your concern about speed, would you take a look at the party sheet and see what you think of using those? Personally, that is what I used before, and I feel the difference is reasonably small.

Additionally, the changes I am making should allow this to play nicer with other extensions and I have my eye on a couple features that would not be possible with the old setup.

Raddu
December 2nd, 2021, 14:53
Interesting changes, I think I'd still like buttons for Attribute Checks and Saves. Also, having Initiative bigger and maybe a dedicated button for Insight and Perception might be nice.

Is it possible to work in Ad-hoc traps here? So tying in a save and a damage roll? That'd be cool.

mccartysr
December 2nd, 2021, 15:29
Interesting changes, I think I'd still like buttons for Attribute Checks and Saves. Also, having Initiative bigger and maybe a dedicated button for Insight and Perception might be nice.

Is it possible to work in Ad-hoc traps here? So tying in a save and a damage roll? That'd be cool.

Dedicated buttons for a couple skills is a strong possibility. Ad-hoc traps, would probably best be done by triggering a saving throw and then rolling the damage and manually applying it or having a simple NPC (I have one that I can adjust the effects on before throwing it on the CT.) I don't handle targeting logic like the combat tracker.

MeAndUnique
December 2nd, 2021, 15:36
This extension (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/198/view) also makes on the ad-hoc traps pretty easy to run, just scroll in the values as needed and fire away.

wframe
December 2nd, 2021, 15:40

The old roll model for the extension was pretty convoluted, so I have been working on rewriting the core of the extension to make it manageable for smaller screens.

Console is much smaller since drop downs are used instead of buttons. Also, vastly simplifies adding additional ability and skill types.
Now uses the Manual Rolls window to display the requested rolls. This means it plays nicely if you are using Manual Rolls. I could update this in the future, but for now it works.

I plan to upload a beta test version to the test channel sometime after the December rulesets are released.

I appreciate all of your hard work on this. I know it has probably been addressed at some point, but to be clear: This extension will still conflict with other extensions like 5e Indicators, correct? I haven't been able to use them together and my players miss making their own (manual) saving rolls. I know there was an issue with the priority between the two, but I don't know if any of the updates ever actually addressed it and it seems like Mattekure isn't planning to make the change to his module.

Thanks.

Klandare
December 2nd, 2021, 16:13
Thanks for the tip about disabling through the forge just so can ensure we know when the change occurs (makes me think I will go grab a copy of the current version from my extensions and put it into a safe spot for later use if need be).

The new setup taking up less space is something that I think will be appreciated by many. Not sure from the screenshot if some of the symbols are just reduced setups for the current Select all, Select random, Deselect all (and if they would have tool tips in the new version if that is what they are).

So if it uses the built in modifiers from the desktop; does that mean the DM would put in the modifier from theirs and it gets sent or the person receiving the request would need to? The nice thing with the current setup for the modifiers is that it was all right in the same place (but utilizes built in functionality is always a good idea from a programming perspective).

One thing I have always wonder for the extension; is there a way to add Skills/Tools to the available list or have it read from the items in the available PCs/NPCs? Because it the current list does not include things like someone proficient in Lockpick tools or a Bard using an Instrument. There like is an easy way to add those but I never did delve far enough into it to figure it out.

MrDDT
December 2nd, 2021, 16:56

Personally, I don't like the drop downs it's harder to see and much slower.

Ludd_G
December 2nd, 2021, 18:08
Regarding the screen real estate, I made these changes not so much because of the relative size, but the absolute size. Using it was not feasible on smaller (shorter) screens. I could have made changes to compact the interface, but I decided to make changes that would allow more flexibility and reduce the amount of hardcoding required. With your concern about speed, would you take a look at the party sheet and see what you think of using those? Personally, that is what I used before, and I feel the difference is reasonably small.

Hi,

whilst I have a lot of width on my monitor set up, the vertical resolution is only 1080 (which I would guess to be pretty standard these days?) and I've not had an issue with the interface, but there maybe many who have? I do, however, never use the party sheet roller for the very reasons I'm hoping to keep the present iteration of your extension, in that the drop down menus are slow and fiddly, and I love the fact that all the options are up front and not hidden with Requested Rolls.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to our concerns, it is appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon

Klandare
December 2nd, 2021, 20:26
Hi,

whilst I have a lot of width on my monitor set up, the vertical resolution is only 1080 (which I would guess to be pretty standard these days?) and I've not had an issue with the interface, but there maybe many who have? I do, however, never use the party sheet roller for the very reasons I'm hoping to keep the present iteration of your extension, in that the drop down menus are slow and fiddly, and I love the fact that all the options are up front and not hidden with Requested Rolls.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to our concerns, it is appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon

I doubt that it is an option to do; but would it be able to make an option for full (old visualization) or compact (new version on test) on the options screen so that a GM can choose whatever is best for them?

mccartysr
December 2nd, 2021, 21:14
I appreciate all of your hard work on this. I know it has probably been addressed at some point, but to be clear: This extension will still conflict with other extensions like 5e Indicators, correct? I haven't been able to use them together and my players miss making their own (manual) saving rolls. I know there was an issue with the priority between the two, but I don't know if any of the updates ever actually addressed it and it seems like Mattekure isn't planning to make the change to his module.

Thanks.

Pretty sure this update fixes incompatibility with 5e Indicators. This should also work better with other things that modify rolls.

mccartysr
December 2nd, 2021, 21:24
Thanks for the tip about disabling through the forge just so can ensure we know when the change occurs (makes me think I will go grab a copy of the current version from my extensions and put it into a safe spot for later use if need be).

The new setup taking up less space is something that I think will be appreciated by many. Not sure from the screenshot if some of the symbols are just reduced setups for the current Select all, Select random, Deselect all (and if they would have tool tips in the new version if that is what they are).

So if it uses the built in modifiers from the desktop; does that mean the DM would put in the modifier from theirs and it gets sent or the person receiving the request would need to? The nice thing with the current setup for the modifiers is that it was all right in the same place (but utilizes built in functionality is always a good idea from a programming perspective).

One thing I have always wonder for the extension; is there a way to add Skills/Tools to the available list or have it read from the items in the available PCs/NPCs? Because it the current list does not include things like someone proficient in Lockpick tools or a Bard using an Instrument. There like is an easy way to add those but I never did delve far enough into it to figure it out.

Yes, they are the select all, et al buttons and they have tooltips.

It uses the DMs modifiers. The change allows it to use things like the +2, -5 modifiers.and takes advantage of all of the rulesets built in modifier handling code and other extensions.

Yes, this would let you add skills like the tools and what not. My goal is to let the user add these on the fly, which is not feasible in the old model.

wframe
December 2nd, 2021, 22:11
Pretty sure this update fixes incompatibility with 5e Indicators. This should also work better with other things that modify rolls.

We're talking about the beta update you're currently working on, though, right? No the current stable version on Forge?

mccartysr
December 2nd, 2021, 22:27
We're talking about the beta update you're currently working on, though, right? No the current stable version on Forge?

Correct. The core code was entirely rewritten to hook in at a different place.

wframe
December 2nd, 2021, 22:28
Correct. The core code was entirely rewritten to hook in at a different place.

Ah, thank you. I'm looking forward to when it goes live!

mccartysr
December 2nd, 2021, 22:39
Regarding requests for the buttons, I honestly don't know. The old setup used a lot of handjammed information and multiple obfuscating class layers, and now almost all of the roll options are loaded from DataCommon. I use the comboboxes because they are easily backed by a DB field with options that are as easy to add as putting the string I want to add.

chaiwalla
December 4th, 2021, 22:14
I’ve been looking for this extension idea (I play PFRPG)! It’s not D&D without “Make a saving throw!” after a NPC spell cast action. Hoping this is compatible with Kelrugem’s overlay and tag extension for PFRPG…

MrDDT
December 4th, 2021, 22:54
Regarding requests for the buttons, I honestly don't know. The old setup used a lot of handjammed information and multiple obfuscating class layers, and now almost all of the roll options are loaded from DataCommon. I use the comboboxes because they are easily backed by a DB field with options that are as easy to add as putting the string I want to add.

To be honest, the simplicity of clicking on the buttons vs pull down makes the tool useful to me. Without that, I might as well just ask the players to roll.
Putting extra work on the GM each time they want to have players roll a check/roll is already high on the list of doing stuff for the GM. So the extra steps of pulling down each thing you want is very tedious for me as a GM and I'm very likely just to not use it.

BushViper
December 8th, 2021, 03:17
I had absolutely no idea this extension had been abandoned until today when I started getting the [WARNING] ( rollOverrideRequestId not found) error.

I disabled both Automatic Shield Master and Automatic Save Advantage and haven't had any more problems....yet.

Also, Kent Mcullough (author of the two above extensions) was completely unaware of the conflict with Requested Rolls. I let him know about the issue tonight.

Maybe, the two creators can collab.

mccartysr
December 8th, 2021, 04:41
I had absolutely no idea this extension had been abandoned until today when I started getting the [WARNING] ( rollOverrideRequestId not found) error.

I disabled both Automatic Shield Master and Automatic Save Advantage and haven't had any more problems....yet.

Also, Kent Mcullough (author of the two above extensions) was completely unaware of the conflict with Requested Rolls. I let him know about the issue tonight.

Maybe, the two creators can collab.

For anyone reading this later, the errors were caused by turning the popup rolls option. This issue should be fixed in the upcoming updates.

mccartysr
December 8th, 2021, 12:48
I have released an updated version of Requested Rolls into the "Test" channel. This is a beta test for the a major version change and if someone had coded something to work with previous rolls, this would likely break those.
If you don't want these changes, you should stay in "Live". However, I would appreciate any feedback, to include that it is working. Please note the list of known shortfalls and changes below before reporting something.
See the attached picture for what the new changes look like.

New good things

Adds support for PFRGP2, SFRPG, and 3.5E (continues to include PFRPG and 5E)
Plays nice with more extensions. Specifically, Automatic Save Advantage, Automatic Shield Master, 5e Indicators
Console is a lot smaller and compact. Uses drop downs for the roll types. (See the picture)
Uses the manual rolls window to show rolls to player. Bonus: This makes this work nicely if you want this and manual rolls at the same time.
Does not create popup rolls when the saves don't have an opponent. i.e. When the player click save on their character sheet. (Still creates them from versus rolls.)
Select random will now select the character, if only one is available.

Known shortfalls

Does not create popups for death saving throws and concentration saving throws.
I have heard feedback that some users prefer the buttons. I have ideas for this, but they are not in this release.

Ideas I would like feedback on

Moving the hidden roll button above the drop downs and creating one consolidated field for the DC next to it. This would remove the DC fields in the individual save boxes.

nephranka
December 8th, 2021, 15:12
I gave it a spin in test. I will say at first I was not a fan of the reduced UI. But after a few rolls I am coming over to that side. General notes:

I agree that death save and concentration checks are things I would really like to see in the system. Players who like this want to click-roll everything.

Is there a way to close the rolls window after you complete a roll? This is adding extra clicks each roll and if the window is left open it takes up screen space which is counter to the design direction.

Otherwise, great work!

Zetesofos
December 8th, 2021, 20:05
So, I'm not sure if this extension is working properly. If I set a DC and click 'request roll' on the window - that works fine. But It doesn't do anything if I click a save effect from the combat tracker. Is it supposed to do that?

Actually, I think its an error: I'm getting the [WARNING] ( rollOverrideRequestId not found)

Wondering what to do, if anyone has any ideas.

BushViper
December 8th, 2021, 20:30
So, I'm not sure if this extension is working properly. If I set a DC and click 'request roll' on the window - that works fine. But It doesn't do anything if I click a save effect from the combat tracker. Is it supposed to do that?

Actually, I think its an error: I'm getting the [WARNING] ( rollOverrideRequestId not found)

Wondering what to do, if anyone has any ideas.

That error is caused by two extensions (Automatic Shield Master and Automatic Save Advantage) IF you have the -- "PC: Prompt owner to roll Saves" setting in the options menu turned on. Supposedly, it's fixed in a coming update. However, for now, you can either disable those two extensions or turn that setting off until the Requested Rolls update goes live.

Zetesofos
December 8th, 2021, 20:33
So, I didn't have either of those. I tried both ways with PC: prompt on and off. Wierdly, with it Off - I couldn't get the system to even finish a saving throw for a player - they couldn't roll it, I couldn't cause it to roll by dragging an effect from the cT. It was very weird.

I had disable Requested Rolls - might be some other compatability issue, so maybe update will help.

BushViper
December 8th, 2021, 20:37
So, I didn't have either of those. I tried both ways with PC: prompt on and off. Wierdly, with it Off - I couldn't get the system to even finish a saving throw for a player - they couldn't roll it, I couldn't cause it to roll by dragging an effect from the cT. It was very weird.

I had disable Requested Rolls - might be some other compatability issue, so maybe update will help.

There are a few other extensions that don't play well with RR and might be causing the issue. If you look through this thread, a few people have identified the, currently, incompatible extensions.

mccartysr
December 9th, 2021, 07:43
Is there a way to close the rolls window after you complete a roll? This is adding extra clicks each roll and if the window is left open it takes up screen space which is counter to the design direction.

Otherwise, great work!
Great suggestion. I was able to implement this.

toastsniffer187
December 11th, 2021, 14:44
been playing with the beta RR for pfrpg2 and it works great. if there is any info or if you want suggestions on what functions are good/bad or need to be added pm me and we can talk when you are at that point and ready.

mccartysr
December 14th, 2021, 04:24
Looking for general feedback on the layout. This is not currently available in Test, because some of the linking logic and other ruleset support is still needed. Update would be released to test in hopefully about a week.

General code updates

Add auto-close for roll window when last roll is executed
Add support for death and concentration popup rolls
Fix logic error NPC popup roll displays
Fix errors for rulesets other than 3.5E and 5E for non-standard skills

Layout updates

Added collapsible windows for buttons for checks, saves, and skills
Buttons can display either the full title or a user selected abbreviation.
Added the Other tab where the user can add checks, saves, and skills in addition to selecting which ones appear as buttons

Picture of the new main console 50320
Picture of the new option tab 50321

BushViper
December 14th, 2021, 04:32
I'm partial to whatever version this is https://ibb.co/MVhQKr5. It's what I currently have installed.

Also, in the new version, it's losing a lot of functionality that is currently available. The design looks like an objective 2-steps backwards to me. Why does it need to change so dramatically?

MrDDT
December 14th, 2021, 04:38
I'm partial to whatever version this is https://ibb.co/MVhQKr5. It's what I currently have installed.

Also, in the new version, it's losing a lot of functionality that is currently available. The design looks like an objective 2-steps backwards to me. Why does it need to change so dramatically?

I agree I like this one also, but I see what they are trying to do here, they are trying to get DM's the option to have a smaller pop up box for requesting rolls.

However for me, I like the current one and maybe just cut out some of the fluff around it.

Example would be almost always are the NPCs not needed to be seen, so maybe have that with a + that closes or opens it.
There is a lot of spacing in the one BushViper is talking about (which is the current version), where you see "Select All NPCs" "Select Random NPCs" etc etc. This can be pushed down into a smaller fitting button.
The Skills box can start off in a - state and then if you click it, it expands. This would cut out almost 1/2 of the window doesn. Once you expand it, it should remember that setting though (Personally, I would have everything expanded as I have tons of room on my set up).
Dice rolls is rarely used from what I've seen. Most common to me is INIT and Skill checks. With of course the MODIFIERS used in those.

mccartysr
December 14th, 2021, 04:42

1. The incompatibility with other extensions required a rewrite of the core logic. The old layout was unbreakably intertwined with the core logic.
2. I don't know what functionality this is losing. At this point, it can do more than the old version. (Except for the death saving throw button)

MrDDT
December 14th, 2021, 04:53
1. The incompatibility with other extensions required a rewrite of the core logic. The old layout was unbreakably intertwined with the core logic.
2. I don't know what functionality this is losing. At this point, it can do more than the old version. (Except for the death saving throw button)

To me either look fine, it will take slight getting used to but it looks good to me.
It seems to me like it would work just like the current one.

One note is I would keep CON as CON and not use CONS.

mccartysr
December 14th, 2021, 04:55
To me either look fine, it will take slight getting used to but it looks good to me.
It seems to me like it would work just like the current one.

One note is I would keep CON as CON and not use CONS.

That was a mistype on my part, but the advantage of this setup is that the abbreviations can be set the end user. Or not even used at all.

mccartysr
December 14th, 2021, 15:02
I finished making the updates I wanted faster than expect, and I have released an updated version of Requested Rolls into the "Test" channel. This is the second beta test for the major version change
If you don't want these changes, you should stay in "Live". However, I would appreciate any feedback, to include that it is working. Please note the list of changes below.

At this point I am not aware of any bugs, and I consider all major features to be complete though there is still room for adjustments, especially for minor quality of life things.

As a note, the new option tab has fields for both name and short name for each action roll type. You can add the short name and that will be displayed instead of the long name on the main console page. You cannot delete the built in roll names, but you can set them to not be shown by clicking on the stars.

General code updates since previous beta

Add auto-close for roll window when last roll is executed
Add support for death and concentration popup rolls (fixed shortfall)
Fix logic error NPC popup roll displays
Fix errors for rulesets other than 3.5E and 5E for non-standard skills

Layout updates since previous beta

Added collapsible windows for buttons for checks, saves, and skills (fixed shortfall)
Buttons can display either the full title or a user selected abbreviation from the option tab
Added the Other tab where the user can add checks, saves, and skills in addition to selecting which ones appear as buttons

Concept pictures for this release are on post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70407-5E-Requested-Rolls&p=630350&viewfull=1#post630350. There have been slight modifications made.

anathemort
December 14th, 2021, 16:48
I like this new layout and the flexibility it offers. I was in the group of users happy with the quick-click layout of the original version, and this is a very nice compromise.

I see there is more room in the PC "quick select" toolbar for something like a proficiency star, so I could pick a skill or attribute and select all PCs with proficiency in that... Not a high priority, but a wishlist item for me :)

M0kkan
December 14th, 2021, 17:18
Just a huge thank you for picking this up and bringing it back to life. We appreciate the time you've put into it!

I'll try out the latest version this week, I'm looking forward to it.

nephranka
December 14th, 2021, 19:39
Things are looking good but I don't see the 4 tools from MNM's ext in the buttons or on the other tab? There are in the list.

nephranka
December 14th, 2021, 19:43
Death and Concentration words are a little misaligned in the pop up box as well.

mccartysr
December 15th, 2021, 09:33
Death and Concentration words are a little misaligned in the pop up box as well.

So the manual rolls window basically always has a little overlap for the description, though I cannot replicate that amount of misalignment. Not sure what is going on there because all of my rolls get added using the manual roll window built in functionality.

Regarding MNM's tools, oops. I meant to pull those out of the hardcoding. For now, to use them you will want to add them on the Other tab and it will add their buttons and shouldn't conflict with the combobox (though you will see two entries for the combobox).

nephranka
December 15th, 2021, 10:40
The alignment maybe my use of different fonts and scaleui for my setup.

Tools: as long as they are in one location I am good. I was just passing it along.
Thanks!

nephranka
December 15th, 2021, 23:54
When will the new UI be going live?

Thanks!

toastsniffer187
December 16th, 2021, 16:15
Been testing the Beta 2.0.1(latest) the new layout for pfrpg2 is amazing and works perfect thus far. The hidden rolls are working great and the fact the window closes on its own is much better now. If i come up with any ideas i will toss them your way.

mccartysr
December 17th, 2021, 16:47
Release of v2.0 is imminent. This release will be available in Live. If major errors are encountered, I plan to roll back to v1.2.2 unless I can get a patch out rapidly.

There were minor changes behind the scenes to resolve a few errors, but the only major change was that you can now select to add roll types (dex, str, etc...) to just the combobox or to the combobox and the button trays. When opening the console in a new campaign the rolls will all default to two stars (combobox and buttons). Furthermore, I changed the way this field was referenced behind the scenes, so all of your current selections will be reset to "not shown".

As always, report errors here.

toastsniffer187
December 17th, 2021, 17:26
For the pfrpg2 ruleset button for stealth initative would be a cool addition. This function is currently rollable off the front of the character sheet directly under the normal initiative.

smokebadger
December 17th, 2021, 20:33
The advantage and and disadvantage buttons are not there , and personally i dont like the new interface

mordkhaan
December 17th, 2021, 20:38
(all have 2 stars but main shows nothing?
Says to go to other and select two stars but they all do)
Never mind!
My shortcut key was causing the issue, removed and remade and now fine

smokebadger
December 17th, 2021, 21:40
Huge LUA error trying to do a roll hidden from players

MrDDT
December 17th, 2021, 22:25
Release of v2.0 is imminent. This release will be available in Live. If major errors are encountered, I plan to roll back to v1.2.2 unless I can get a patch out rapidly.

There were minor changes behind the scenes to resolve a few errors, but the only major change was that you can now select to add roll types (dex, str, etc...) to just the combobox or to the combobox and the button trays. When opening the console in a new campaign the rolls will all default to two stars (combobox and buttons). Furthermore, I changed the way this field was referenced behind the scenes, so all of your current selections will be reset to "not shown".

As always, report errors here.

I'm getting all rolls as manual rolls as a pop up. Where the players/NPCs can enter any roll when I sent/ask them for a roll in there.

When I use my exts, it has a conflict and no longer is working with them as it did before.

Ludd_G
December 17th, 2021, 23:04
Hi,

I know this is a request rather than a bug, but would it be possible to put both a DC box and a Roll button next to 'Check', 'Save' and 'Skill' titles for the discrete buttons as well as the drop down menus? When I'm clicking a button in the middle or top of the window it then feels unergonomic to have to go to the bottom of the window to set up the DC and click the 'Roll' button. It makes the interaction feel slow and fiddly to me.

I will admit that I'm one of those who really didn't want the change to the new interface and maybe I'm trying to recreate the old user experience, but so far there feels like there's a disconnect between some of the various, linked, interactions on the interface. I'm not sold so far, sorry. (but I do very much appreciate the work you're putting in!)

Cheers,

Simon

mccartysr
December 18th, 2021, 00:32
The advantage and and disadvantage buttons are not there , and personally i dont like the new interface

You have to use the desktop modifiers. This lets you use whatever modifiers are available for your ruleset.

mccartysr
December 18th, 2021, 00:34
Huge LUA error trying to do a roll hidden from players

I cannot troubleshoot without details. I presume you are running other extensions and one of them is the problem, and I cannot collaborate with that creator unless I know which extension is causing the issue.

mccartysr
December 18th, 2021, 00:46
I'm getting all rolls as manual rolls as a pop up. Where the players/NPCs can enter any roll when I sent/ask them for a roll in there.

When I use my exts, it has a conflict and no longer is working with them as it did before.

I am unsure what you are saying the issue with manual rolls is. Manual rolls is a part of CoreRPG and has been around for awhile. I just use their interface. And if they enter dice values, the system tells you it was manually entered. I made the decision that the set people who want to click buttons are probably related to the set of people who like manual rolls.

I cannot troubleshoot or collaborate without knowing what it is not working with.

MrDDT
December 18th, 2021, 01:06
I am unsure what you are saying the issue with manual rolls is. Manual rolls is a part of CoreRPG and has been around for awhile. I just use their interface. And if they enter dice values, the system tells you it was manually entered. I made the decision that the set people who want to click buttons are probably related to the set of people who like manual rolls.

I cannot troubleshoot or collaborate without knowing what it is not working with.

1)Normally, I use about 100 EXTs, so I've not limited it down to what is causing the conflict. However, it's something that was changed in the last 2 or 3 days.

Manual Rolls (No EXTs loaded) is being caused by this ext. So even with manual rolls off (the basic one in 5E), when I request a roll for someone it's giving them a manual roll option in there. So now out of all the buttons they have to figure out which one to click. If they do the wrong one, it will come out as a manual roll and they can also change the roll to anything they want and click checkbox and it will be that roll (because they can manually roll). This is not how it used to be, the interface is worse because it's more confusing, more clicks and harder to click locations (very hard to click on because smaller and not as easy to see).

One of the major things about this ext before this change was that it was BETTER than the party sheet. Now, I might as well just use the party sheet.

Also it's not poping up save throws that are dropped on/targeted saves as before. When you put ON "Prompt owner to roll saves". So I don't think its even doing any of the updated tools it was set to do in it's current state.

I can whittle it down to what ext is causing the issue with the first part, however, because of the second issue and the layout changes I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm likely just go back to RFIA++ and fix any issues with it, as this is changing into directions that seem like it's less useful.

nephranka
December 18th, 2021, 03:07
I cannot troubleshoot without details. I presume you are running other extensions and one of them is the problem, and I cannot collaborate with that creator unless I know which extension is causing the issue.

When you select the option to hide roll results, you get:
[ERROR] Unknown special message type received. (RRdicetower)

So far the only bug I have found.

Edit: It appears if the dice tower is not on then a reboot is needed. It seems to be working now.

Ludd_G
December 18th, 2021, 09:05
Hi MrDDT,

not to speak out of turn, but it seems the use of the pop-up manual rolls window is now how this extension is intended to work, going forward. This to me is unfortunate as I tend to agree with you that this will cause confusion amongst my players as to what they are meant to do (I play with a lot of players new to D&D never mind FGU) as opposed to the simplicity of just having a huge button to press, which, without any explanation from me, all players have used instinctively. I really hope there is some way to just have a fork of development that retains the old interface (both DM and player facing) but fixes all the issues that had stopped me using it (doubling bonuses to rolls etc.)

Cheers,

Simon

mccartysr
December 18th, 2021, 09:50
1)Normally, I use about 100 EXTs, so I've not limited it down to what is causing the conflict. However, it's something that was changed in the last 2 or 3 days.

Manual Rolls (No EXTs loaded) is being caused by this ext. So even with manual rolls off (the basic one in 5E), when I request a roll for someone it's giving them a manual roll option in there. So now out of all the buttons they have to figure out which one to click. If they do the wrong one, it will come out as a manual roll and they can also change the roll to anything they want and click checkbox and it will be that roll (because they can manually roll). This is not how it used to be, the interface is worse because it's more confusing, more clicks and harder to click locations (very hard to click on because smaller and not as easy to see).

One of the major things about this ext before this change was that it was BETTER than the party sheet. Now, I might as well just use the party sheet.

Also it's not poping up save throws that are dropped on/targeted saves as before. When you put ON "Prompt owner to roll saves". So I don't think its even doing any of the updated tools it was set to do in it's current state.

I can whittle it down to what ext is causing the issue with the first part, however, because of the second issue and the layout changes I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm likely just go back to RFIA++ and fix any issues with it, as this is changing into directions that seem like it's less useful.

- I announced about two weeks ago back in post #89, which you responded to, that I was using the built in manual rolls window to display rolls. You made your opposition to the main interface clear, but said nothing about the rolls in particular. I made the assumption that it was not causing concern to you. I am sorry this came as a surprise. Also, I don't see the issue with letting people manually roll. If they do, it clearly states in the roll result that it was a "[MANUAL ROLL]". This is a built in CoreRPG feature that I am using. There are three buttons on the player side roll. One is an "X", which FG uses to indicate close. One is a die, which FG uses to indicate rolls. One is "OK", which I did find a little confusing the first time I saw the interface, but I was quickly able to determine the function by clicking it once. If you have new players, I would recommend telling them that OK means the manual roll and the die has the roll go like normal.

- I can confirm that targeted saves are working as expected on host and client side. An NPC or PC forcing a saving throw causes a popup for any user that has turned on that option. I think the issue is something with your setup.

- I brought the buttons back, so I am not sure what your concerns are on the GM side. I really though that would meet your desires. The old interface was inextricably tied to the code that was causing conflicts, so I changed it to fix the issues. If you decide to come back, let me know and I would be happy to work on compatibility with the conflicting authors.

mccartysr
December 18th, 2021, 09:59
Hi,

I know this is a request rather than a bug, but would it be possible to put both a DC box and a Roll button next to 'Check', 'Save' and 'Skill' titles for the discrete buttons as well as the drop down menus? When I'm clicking a button in the middle or top of the window it then feels unergonomic to have to go to the bottom of the window to set up the DC and click the 'Roll' button. It makes the interaction feel slow and fiddly to me.

I will admit that I'm one of those who really didn't want the change to the new interface and maybe I'm trying to recreate the old user experience, but so far there feels like there's a disconnect between some of the various, linked, interactions on the interface. I'm not sold so far, sorry. (but I do very much appreciate the work you're putting in!)

Cheers,

Simon

Thank you for the good feedback. I will look at this as it should be possible.

nephranka
December 18th, 2021, 13:10
I will say at first I too was not a fan but I now think this is more about the change than the UI. After using it some, I find it works fine and if this had been the UI I started with I don't think I would have any issues. I appreciate the work to use existing core structure to minimize conflicts. My players like the options to do rolls or roll dice and input. I like being able to rename buttons and config the interface. It requires some training and adjustment but everything done has good logical reasons. Also, @srmccarty has listen and taken input from the community to make changes within scope, which is fantastic. For me, this trade off is acceptable but I understand not everyone would agree.

toastsniffer187
December 18th, 2021, 14:11
So for the latest Beta version running pfrpg2. I love it. Hidden rolls do not function at all and adding an initaitive stealth button and then it would be perfect.

devilspork
December 18th, 2021, 14:58
Love the extension. 5e game last night was throwing errors while trying to use hidden rolls. Will have to do some investigating to see if it was a conflicting extension or related to the dice tower issue mentioned above.

I think a lot of the comments since V2 are because V1 was pretty self explanatory just looking at the window. V2 would probably benefit from a quick 3 minute video on how to use it.

nephranka
December 18th, 2021, 15:31
I agree about a short video helping with adoption.

nephranka
December 18th, 2021, 16:10
Love the extension. 5e game last night was throwing errors while trying to use hidden rolls. Will have to do some investigating to see if it was a conflicting extension or related to the dice tower issue mentioned above.

I think a lot of the comments since V2 are because V1 was pretty self explanatory just looking at the window. V2 would probably benefit from a quick 3 minute video on how to use it.

I also found you may need to close the window and reopen it. Mine seem to have the older version still running (I do use FGTabber though). Might consider deleting the ext and redownloading it from the forge. Many people are having issues with versions conflicting. I did just test it again and hidden rolls are working in 5e.

devilspork
December 18th, 2021, 16:27
I also found you may need to close the window and reopen it. Mine seem to have the older version still running (I do use FGTabber though). Might consider deleting the ext and redownloading it from the forge. Many people are having issues with versions conflicting. I did just test it again and hidden rolls are working in 5e.

Deleted extension, re-downloaded. Still getting error. No extensions loaded other than Requested Rolls.

Ludd_G
December 18th, 2021, 16:31
Deleted extension, re-downloaded. Still getting error. No extensions loaded other than Requested Rolls.

Just a quick question, you aren't by any chance launching from a hot-key are you? I was and all sorts of weirdness was happening, then I deleted the Request Rolls hotkey (which had been placed with the last version of the extension), dragged the Request Roll button down from the side bar to the same hot-key, launched it from there and all became good. No idea what was going on, but it sorted it for me.

Cheers,

Simon

devilspork
December 18th, 2021, 16:35
Just a quick question, you aren't by any chance launching from a hot-key are you? I was and all sorts of weirdness was happening, then I deleted the Request Rolls hotkey (which had been placed with the last version of the extension), dragged the Request Roll button down from the side bar to the same hot-key, launched it from there and all became good. No idea what was going on, but it sorted it for me.

Cheers,

Simon

No. Just from the sidebar icon. In case it wasn't clear, the first 3 rolls were attempted as hidden, the last was visible to PC.

mccartysr
December 18th, 2021, 16:59
When you select the option to hide roll results, you get:
[ERROR] Unknown special message type received. (RRdicetower)

So far the only bug I have found.

Edit: It appears if the dice tower is not on then a reboot is needed. It seems to be working now.

I know what caused this. I am initializing the message handler in the wrong place. As a work around, send a popup to a character controlled by the GM before sending one to the players. This only has to be done once per session.

nephranka
December 18th, 2021, 17:19

I might have only tested checks and not saves. I am glad it was easy to identify.

MrDDT
December 18th, 2021, 19:30
- I announced about two weeks ago back in post #89, which you responded to, that I was using the built in manual rolls window to display rolls. You made your opposition to the main interface clear, but said nothing about the rolls in particular. I made the assumption that it was not causing concern to you. I am sorry this came as a surprise. Also, I don't see the issue with letting people manually roll. If they do, it clearly states in the roll result that it was a "[MANUAL ROLL]". This is a built in CoreRPG feature that I am using. There are three buttons on the player side roll. One is an "X", which FG uses to indicate close. One is a die, which FG uses to indicate rolls. One is "OK", which I did find a little confusing the first time I saw the interface, but I was quickly able to determine the function by clicking it once. If you have new players, I would recommend telling them that OK means the manual roll and the die has the roll go like normal.

- I can confirm that targeted saves are working as expected on host and client side. An NPC or PC forcing a saving throw causes a popup for any user that has turned on that option. I think the issue is something with your setup.

- I brought the buttons back, so I am not sure what your concerns are on the GM side. I really though that would meet your desires. The old interface was inextricably tied to the code that was causing conflicts, so I changed it to fix the issues. If you decide to come back, let me know and I would be happy to work on compatibility with the conflicting authors.

First off, I want to say thank you so much for your hard work and taking this over.

I want to say do not confuse my straightforward opinion with me being upset with you, my way of playing the game, using EXTs, and etc, is just that an opinion on how I play. Not everyone is going to be the same. What is good for you and others might not be good for me, or what is good for me might not be good for others. I want to give you my feedback so you can have it to make your choices.

-When you announced about 2 weeks ago in post #89, I only had a few pictures to look at, there was no real way for me to know what you meant when you said you were going to use the manual roll window, to me it was an incomplete interface. I thought it was still a work in progress.

-Yes targeted saves are working however, they are forcing a manual roll option, not the pop up box like before where it was super easy for a player to click and it would roll the save, now they have to choose which thing they want to do with 2-3 very small buttons and are kinda confusing. (As most people have never used manual rolls in the first place)

-I'm working on whittling down what is causing the errors of it not popping up like it used too, however, as I stated before I'm likely to just not use this ext. The changes being made are going in a very different direction than I would like and why I got RFIA++ in the first place.

Farnaby
December 19th, 2021, 00:34
Just found your extension in the Forge and am trying it out in PFRPG2.

I have one error and one question.

The error. When I click on the eye to hide roll results as soon as the player clicks the dice button to roll, the chat on the player's FGU shows [ABILITY] Strength Check [1d20] and the GM gets a console error
Handler error: [string "roll/scriptsw/rr_manualroll_entry.lua"]:86: attempt to index global 'DiceTowerManager' (a nil value)

The Question: in PF2e I have Lore skills that I can enter manually. e.g. Lore Library and these can be trained, expert, master, etc.
But when I enter then as an additional skill in the other tab how can I tell your extension which ability is used as a modifier and where does it pickup if it is trained, etc?

BushViper
December 19th, 2021, 00:44
The changes being made are going in a very different direction than I would like and why I got RFIA++ in the first place.

Unfortunately, this is true for me as well.

mccartysr
December 19th, 2021, 01:43
Just found your extension in the Forge and am trying it out in PFRPG2.

I have one error and one question.

The error. When I click on the eye to hide roll results as soon as the player clicks the dice button to roll, the chat on the player's FGU shows [ABILITY] Strength Check [1d20] and the GM gets a console error
Handler error: [string "roll/scriptsw/rr_manualroll_entry.lua"]:86: attempt to index global 'DiceTowerManager' (a nil value)

The Question: in PF2e I have Lore skills that I can enter manually. e.g. Lore Library and these can be trained, expert, master, etc.
But when I enter then as an additional skill in the other tab how can I tell your extension which ability is used as a modifier and where does it pickup if it is trained, etc?

I haven't been able to replicate your error though I am tracking the fix for RRdicetower message errors. Can you verify RR is the only extension running? If you can tinker with your settings and figure out what is causing the error, I would be happy to look into it. I am unsure how that error is possible because DiceTowerManager is defined in the CoreRPG ruleset that PFRPG2 is built off of.

Entering it on the Other tab makes it available for you to select. For a lore of the squish it would read "Lore (Squish)". I just went and checked that. I don't actually play PFRPG2, and I use the built in parsing code. Then just add the skill to the relevant PCs (on their char sheet) and you can define the proficiency and stat it uses there.

Farnaby
December 19th, 2021, 15:29
I've removed all the other extensions I have running and now get an error in the chat window, not the console log.
[ERROR] Unknown special message type received. [RRdicetower]

The player chat window remains the same message.

As to the Lore skills, it was the brackets that worked e.g. Lore (Astronomy).

[Edit 1]
Just followed your advice and sent a RR to a GM owned character and after that it worked.
Will now reload other extensions and see if that has any effect.

[Edit 2]
Reloaded all the other extensions and the original console error popped up.
Sent a RR to a GM controlled PC and after that it worked, no error messages.

Boneshooter
December 19th, 2021, 16:11
Using FGUnity in 5e.

Not sure if this is an issue since the last FGU update or not.
I have the Requested Roll from the Forge (was previously using the one from the forum).

While playing last night the players were getting a script error which prompted me to check the Forge for a new "update". Now that I'm using the version from the Forge.

I've connected to my table through another instance of FGU and now on the DM side I'm not seeing the window to push requests. I do have this window on the DM side 50470.

I'm not seeing the older window (shown as the first image on the Forge description)

If I use thee window shown above it doesn't pop the notification on the player side.

If I use the manual roll request then nothing shows on the player side either.

Hidden manual rolls generate an error on the DM side [ERROR] Unknown special message type received. (RRdicetower).

I have disabled all extensions and tried it again but still have the same results.

Willing to try any suggestions to get this working again. Not a show stopper for my games but is defiantly and enhancement my players and I enjoy using.

nephranka
December 19th, 2021, 16:22
Using FGUnity in 5e.

Not sure if this is an issue since the last FGU update or not.
I have the Requested Roll from the Forge (was previously using the one from the forum).

While playing last night the players were getting a script error which prompted me to check the Forge for a new "update". Now that I'm using the version from the Forge.

I've connected to my table through another instance of FGU and now on the DM side I'm not seeing the window to push requests. I do have this window on the DM side 50470.

I'm not seeing the older window (shown as the first image on the Forge description)

If I use thee window shown above it doesn't pop the notification on the player side.

If I use the manual roll request then nothing shows on the player side either.

Hidden manual rolls generate an error on the DM side [ERROR] Unknown special message type received. (RRdicetower).

I have disabled all extensions and tried it again but still have the same results.

Willing to try any suggestions to get this working again. Not a show stopper for my games but is defiantly and enhancement my players and I enjoy using.

For me the biggest change in process was that just clicking the save/check/skill you want does not send the request. It is a simple way to select in the combo box. The die button sends the request. I came in as a player and tested it with a player and npc. All seems to be working.

Boneshooter
December 19th, 2021, 16:46
thank you.

When I use the dice from the combo box then the "Manual DiceEntry" pops up.

I can click the die for a hidden roll and in the Players chat window I see the roll calculation but it doesn't actually roll.

In the DM chat window I'm seeing the [ERROR] unknown special message type received. (RRdicetower)

Wonder if it's an options setting I have enabled or disabled.

I have 'show DM rolls enabled"

nephranka
December 19th, 2021, 17:27
Yeah. Hidden is broken. 5 players no one could roll.

Farnaby
December 19th, 2021, 17:34
I solved this with:
I know what caused this. I am initializing the message handler in the wrong place. As a work around, send a popup to a character controlled by the GM before sending one to the players. This only has to be done once per session.

So I've created a test npc, owned it and copied it to the combat tracker. Sent it a roll request with the hidden icon selected and then I can delete the npc from the tracker as it now works.

Hope this helps.

Boneshooter
December 19th, 2021, 18:02
So it looks like hidden rolls work for NPCs but not PCs.

I'll work around it until we hear something more :)

Thank you for the checks / assist.

Boneshooter
December 19th, 2021, 18:11
I followed the same steps and it's working. Just don't have the "old" window for the request and will have ot use the Main Tab in the RR window.

Thank you again.

Klandare
December 19th, 2021, 18:14

I'll work around it until we hear something more :)

Thank you for the checks / assist.

Did the players have the option turned on for the manual rolls? Or was it just auto-rolling for them?

The other thing that I have seen in the past was when the loadorder section of the XML that causes a conflict with other extensions (I resolved this by editing the extension.xml file and changing the loadorder from 99 to 9999).

SmackDaddy
December 19th, 2021, 18:36

Same here.

Farnaby
December 19th, 2021, 19:59
The workaround is to "prime" the extension by doing the first hidden roll request to a GM owned npc.
After that it works as it should with the pc's and you can remove the npc from the combat tracker.

Boneshooter
December 19th, 2021, 21:52
I didn't take the opportunity to check with my players. We just quit using RFI while we ran the game. I started digging into the issue today.

mccartysr
December 20th, 2021, 14:03
I am pleased to announce the release of version 2.0 of Requested Rolls via the Forge. I am aware there is a bit of a learning curve for the new version, and I plan to address that.

One bug-fix from v2.0-rc.

Fixed RRDiceTower error encountered while sending hidden rolls

Recap of changes from v1.2.2

Fixes known compatibility issues with specific extensions
Adds support for PFRPG1, PFRPG2, SFRPG, and 3.5E.
Uses Manual Rolls instead of custom window for popup rolls.
Reconfigures Console to use snazzy expandable button trays and combo boxes
Adds ability to add custom rolls for checks, saves, and skills.
Adds ability to set custom abbreviations for rolls.
Adds support for users to set own popup settings for concentration and death saves. Previously, GM controlled this.

Tidoc
December 20th, 2021, 20:31
Hello, thank you for your great work.
In the previous version, after a RequestRoll request, before confirming the throw, you could press ADV or DIS on the bottom left and throw the requested throw with ADV or DIS.

In the new version this is unfortunately no longer possible due to the 'Manual Dice Role' input.

This was very helpful, for example, when using Inspiration.
Is there a chance that this could work again?
Many thanks and best regards

Agamon
December 21st, 2021, 04:43
Is it possible to have an NPC's targeted attack create a save request rather than an automatic roll?

mccartysr
December 21st, 2021, 05:14
Is it possible to have an NPC's targeted attack create a save request rather than an automatic roll?

Have whoever owns the character go to the Options menu and turn the option On for show popup rolls. The GM can do this as well for characters they control.

mccartysr
December 21st, 2021, 13:06
Hello, thank you for your great work.
In the previous version, after a RequestRoll request, before confirming the throw, you could press ADV or DIS on the bottom left and throw the requested throw with ADV or DIS.

In the new version this is unfortunately no longer possible due to the 'Manual Dice Role' input.

This was very helpful, for example, when using Inspiration.
Is there a chance that this could work again?
Many thanks and best regards

Unfortunately, no. By the time the roll is displayed to the user, it has finished being built.

mattekure
December 21st, 2021, 14:23
While the roll is being built, could you poll the clients to see what modifiers they have selected so they could be incorporated?

mccartysr
December 21st, 2021, 14:55
While the roll is being built, could you poll the clients to see what modifiers they have selected so they could be incorporated?

My primary concern with doing that is sending the rolls when the client is doing something else and was messing with their modifiers. Also, I currently use pretty much use stock code to create the rolls on the host (with some tricks for skill rolls) and FG is not built to handle that. I don't currently see a way for the client to add advantage after roll creation without doing some real funky parameter passing to rebuild the roll on client side..

The easiest way is to make sure the character has effects in the CT that grant advantage. As a workaround, they can just roll 2 d20s in the chat and put the best one in the manual roll field. I don't think this is too common, but I will have my eye out if I see something that could work because I like the idea's use for inspiration. I swear my party basically never uses inspiration.

mattekure
December 21st, 2021, 17:45
We use inspiration all the time for rolls. I think part of the reason is that our GM gives every player 1 point at the start of each session. use or lose. So the players will always find a way to use it during the session so they dont lose it. I suppose one workaround would be to create an "Inspiration" action with an effect for each type, ATK, SAV, INIT, CHECK, etc and have them apply before the roll.

I'm pretty sure that there are some elements of how the base ruleset works that checks the clients modifiers before rolling. I dont know what method they are using though. I'll have to dig into it and see if I can find it

Farnaby
December 21st, 2021, 20:32
Just checked with PFRPG2 and hidden rolls work perfectly.

Thanks!

Farnaby
December 21st, 2021, 20:43
So, just checked everything and it doesn't add the modifier for custom Lore in PFRPG2, it should be +11.

Also, how do I add a manual dice entry? All that appears is a blank window.

mccartysr
December 21st, 2021, 22:39
So, just checked everything and it doesn't add the modifier for custom Lore in PFRPG2, it should be +11.

Also, how do I add a manual dice entry? All that appears is a blank window.

OK, I know why that is not happening correctly. I have to adjust the code that looks for subskills.
Not sure what you mean by "add a manual dice entry". That window looks like what I would expect with the roll populated.

toastsniffer187
December 22nd, 2021, 13:50
@srmccarty your forge release for pf2e conflicts with kelgrums adv/dis ext. He has been notified and taking a look at the exten to see if there is anything he can do and asked me to notify you as well.

espanRebel
December 23rd, 2021, 00:54
Has the addon been fixed since the big update? I tried running a game and we kept getting errors when we tried using your ad on

mccartysr
December 23rd, 2021, 02:55
Has the addon been fixed since the big update? I tried running a game and we kept getting errors when we tried using your ad on

I don't know what version you're running on. Or what errors you're getting. Or what other extensions you're using.

Kelrugem
December 23rd, 2021, 09:28
@srmccarty your forge release for pf2e conflicts with kelgrums adv/dis ext. He has been notified and taking a look at the exten to see if there is anything he can do and asked me to notify you as well.

Yup, got notified :)

But I am afraid of that I cannot fix it on my side. What my extension only does is to add (dis)advantage effects for CoreRPG rulesets :) It looks like that Requested Rolls ignores these effects coming from my extension :)

In case it matter: I am editing some functions in manager_actions.lua :)

mccartysr
December 23rd, 2021, 09:33
Yup, got notified :)

But I am afraid of that I cannot fix it on my side. What my extension only does is to add (dis)advantage effects for CoreRPG rulesets :) It looks like that Requested Rolls ignores these effects coming from my extension :)

In case it matter: I am editing some functions in manager_actions.lua :)

Do you do something other than just assign to bAdv?

Kelrugem
December 23rd, 2021, 09:44
Do you do something other than just assign to bAdv?

Which bAdv are you speaking of? :) I am speaking of this extension: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/6/view

I am not only assigning an adv number to all rolls (I think you meant this with bAdv? I am actually just calling it adv, like in rRoll.adv; if this number is positive, then advantage; zero = normal; negative = disadvantage), but also changing some functions in manager_actions where the adv number is checked and then the code for (dis)advantage is activated :)

mccartysr
December 23rd, 2021, 10:37
Which bAdv are you speaking of? :) I am speaking of this extension: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/6/view

I am not only assigning an adv number to all rolls (I think you meant this with bAdv? I am actually just calling it adv, like in rRoll.adv; if this number is positive, then advantage; zero = normal; negative = disadvantage), but also changing some functions in manager_actions where the adv number is checked and then the code for (dis)advantage is activated :)

Oh oops, I got that flipped around. By the time I transmit a roll, it has already finished being built including advantage. Does your extension work with manual rolls?

Kelrugem
December 23rd, 2021, 10:44
Oh oops, I got that flipped around. By the time I transmit a roll, it has already finished being built including advantage. Does your extension work with manual rolls?

Ah, I understand :)

I just tested, and yes, it works with manual rolls :) (I tested in PF2)

mccartysr
December 23rd, 2021, 13:29
Ah, I understand :)

I just tested, and yes, it works with manual rolls :) (I tested in PF2)

I've got a rough idea of what's going on. You need to load after me so that my code for ActionManager.roll() gets called last.
You also have two entries in rRoll for which I'm not looking because 5E uses a text encoding scheme for advantage with sDesc in the suitably named encodeAdvantage(). I think looking at this would help with your issue with damage die being duplicated because the 5E code only looks for d20s to duplicate. Though I'm not sure if only doing the d20s is useful because I don't play Pathfinder.

Kelrugem
December 23rd, 2021, 14:05
I've got a rough idea of what's going on. You need to load after me so that my code for ActionManager.roll() gets called last.
You also have two entries in rRoll for which I'm not looking because 5E uses a text encoding scheme for advantage with sDesc in the suitably named encodeAdvantage(). I think looking at this would help with your issue with damage die being duplicated because the 5E code only looks for d20s to duplicate. Though I'm not sure if only doing the d20s is useful because I don't play Pathfinder.

Nice, I will merge your pull request, thank you for looking :)

Yeah, the damage stuff is more complicated than that, because especially damage does not use d20. My extension is also for MoreCore where you can have all sort of dice (like d6 systems and so on, thence the general coding attempt from my side) :) And the damage type code is also different for 3.5E/PF1, so, difficult issue once the dice carry more individual information than just a number :) But thanks for mentioning this function; maybe I can somehow extend its usage :)

Kelrugem
December 23rd, 2021, 14:17

The forge has now the new version of my extension, added the suggestion of a different loadorder. Can you test whether this fixes your issues? :)

toastsniffer187
December 23rd, 2021, 15:29
You guys are awesome and so is this community! Always working together to make the platform better! Also worked for me in any load order.

Kelrugem
December 23rd, 2021, 15:39
Nice, thanks especially to mccartysr, since they mainly did it :) I just uploaded the new version :D

nephranka
December 29th, 2021, 14:10
Is there any way to retain the settings of the buttons being open/closed between games? When I launch the game and open Requests, all the button areas are open (even if I have no buttons showing). I click the minus sign to make it a plus sign and collapse them. It would nice if they stayed closed each game.

mccartysr
December 29th, 2021, 14:49
Is there any way to retain the settings of the buttons being open/closed between games? When I launch the game and open Requests, all the button areas are open (even if I have no buttons showing). I click the minus sign to make it a plus sign and collapse them. It would nice if they stayed closed each game.

I have now added this to the ideas list.

nephranka
December 29th, 2021, 16:04
I have now added this to the ideas list.

Thanks!

dbachen
January 2nd, 2022, 23:14
Coming in a little late on the feedback with the new interface. I understand why you hooked into the manual roll interface, but I definitely agree with the other posters that it makes it more complicated for the players.
Previously, they had a simple button to click which was to roll the dice and was very clearly from the extension saying it was a roll request. Now, they are provided with a popup that simply reads manual dice entry, and they have to know that they are supposed to click the dice icon. If they click the green checkbox (which from a UI perspective is the most logical), then they get a 0 on the roll, because that's what in the manual roll. This is where the confusion is. I really like the simplicity of the single button roll choice with their portrait..

Would you consider an option that can be enabled/disabled by the GM for the method that they want to use? If a table already uses manual rolls, they understand the interface. For others, it's confusing and can easily be done incorrectly.

You have an option in there about "PC: Prompt Owner to roll saves". That doesn't seem to be effective any more because of the manual roll interface. Even if it's turned off, the owner is still prompted to roll.

As a GM, I'm also noticing that the "pending" is not working.. Previously, I would see a red square around all of the pending rolls characters hadn't completed.. Now, I have no idea when I've clicked on a request if they got it or not.

mordkhaan
January 3rd, 2022, 03:46
Am still unclear as to whether ADV modifier should or should not work with the new interface?

mccartysr
January 3rd, 2022, 04:11
Am still unclear as to whether ADV modifier should or should not work with the new interface?

Assuming you are talking about the button on the GM's desktop or an effect on the character before the roll is sent. Yes. Otherwise, probably not.

mordkhaan
January 3rd, 2022, 04:19
Was meaning so players can add ADV themselves for Inspiration eg when they get the popup
Can GM still force ADV somehow? like when someone provides HELP action

mccartysr
January 3rd, 2022, 04:26
Would you consider an option that can be enabled/disabled by the GM for the method that they want to use? If a table already uses manual rolls, they understand the interface. For others, it's confusing and can easily be done incorrectly.
I do not have plans for that at this time. Once you know how to use the window, it is pretty simple. I am aware not everyone likes the slight increase in complexity, but this is where I wound up during the rewrite.

You have an option in there about "PC: Prompt Owner to roll saves". That doesn't seem to be effective any more because of the manual roll interface. Even if it's turned off, the owner is still prompted to roll.
The owner of the character sets that in their Settings. This only applies to rolls from saving throws forced upon them by the game for concentration, death, and versus saves from other characters. Not the GM. This feature is working as intended.

As a GM, I'm also noticing that the "pending" is not working.. Previously, I would see a red square around all of the pending rolls characters hadn't completed.. Now, I have no idea when I've clicked on a request if they got it or not.
It's not so much not working, as it's not there. I have this on my issue tracker to get coded back in if I can manage it. Or at least a confirmation that your button click did something.

mccartysr
January 3rd, 2022, 04:30
Was meaning so players can add ADV themselves for Inspiration eg when they get the popup
Can GM still force ADV somehow? like when someone provides HELP action

No to the first question, and I don't know if that is something I can do.
If the character has an effect on them that grants advantage or the GM selects it on their desktop, the roll will be created with advantage on it automatically.

mordkhaan
January 3rd, 2022, 04:33
So would the ADV Effect have to be on before the GM sends the request?
Or could we setup an INSPADV effect to use before clicking roll

mccartysr
January 3rd, 2022, 04:37
So would the ADV Effect have to be on before the GM sends the request?
Or could we setup an INSPADV effect to use before clicking roll

Before the GM sends a request. I don't currently have a way to look for effects or modifiers after the roll is displayed.

mordkhaan
January 3rd, 2022, 04:54
Ah well, thats annoying...
Is what it is!

Farnaby
January 4th, 2022, 08:48
OK, I know why that is not happening correctly. I have to adjust the code that looks for subskills.
Not sure what you mean by "add a manual dice entry". That window looks like what I would expect with the roll populated.

Sorry, I was away but here is the manual dice entry.
I click on the Other tab and then on the top left Rolls button.

Farnaby
January 4th, 2022, 08:53
System: PFRPG2

So adding the additional Lore skill works by adding the Lore subject in brackets. E.g. Lore (Legal)

On the player side when rolling the check the expertise (trained, master, etc) is correctly displayed but the bonus is not added.
I tried putting the bonus in the manual box in the bottom left but it doesn't get added.

mccartysr
January 4th, 2022, 08:58
Sorry, I was away but here is the manual dice entry.
I click on the Other tab and then on the top left Rolls button.

Ah. That button is for displaying what rolls the GM has, in case they closed the window. If you have none to roll, it will be an empty window.

mccartysr
January 4th, 2022, 09:58
System: PFRPG2

So adding the additional Lore skill works by adding the Lore subject in brackets. E.g. Lore (Legal)

On the player side when rolling the check the expertise (trained, master, etc) is correctly displayed but the bonus is not added.
I tried putting the bonus in the manual box in the bottom left but it doesn't get added.

Oops. I forgot to publish a build after I fixed the issue with not respecting training level bonuses. Should be out in a day or two.
And the manual rolls don't pay attention to modifiers once they have been displayed to the user. This is a FG behavior, and I don't currently have any ideas to override it, but it is on the idea list.

Farnaby
January 4th, 2022, 13:03
:thumbsup:

mccartysr
January 5th, 2022, 00:46
Version 2.1 has been released via the Forge.

Fixes the issue with parsing subskills other than knowledge. They will now correctly pick up modifiers and training level.
Adds the ability for the client to apply modifiers to the roll after it is shown. Controlled by the Options menu.

The ability to apply modifiers is controlled by the new item in the Options menu, and it defaults to off. This setting is applied on a per user basis, so any player or GM who wants to use this feature needs to turn it on. The modifiers will be added when you hit either the Roll button or fill out the box and hit OK for the manual rolls.
For the 5E ruleset only (since the others don't have advantage), you can apply (dis)advantage before hitting roll, and it will appropriately modify the roll. This uses RAW for determining results of whether adv/dis cancel each other out. Adv/dis have no effect on manually entered rolls for obvious reasons.

Ulric
January 5th, 2022, 03:40

Fixes the issue with parsing subskills other than knowledge. They will now correctly pick up modifiers and training level.
Adds the ability for the client to apply modifiers to the roll after it is shown. Controlled by the Options menu.

The ability to apply modifiers is controlled by the new item in the Options menu, and it defaults to off. This setting is applied on a per user basis, so any player or GM who wants to use this feature needs to turn it on. The modifiers will be added when you hit either the Roll button or fill out the box and hit OK for the manual rolls.
For the 5E ruleset only (since the others don't have advantage), you can apply (dis)advantage before hitting roll, and it will appropriately modify the roll. This uses RAW for determining results of whether adv/dis cancel each other out. Adv/dis have no effect on manually entered rolls for obvious reasons.
I tested the new version using Starfinder to see if a play could apply modifiers. I did not see any place to add of click to apply misfires on the players window for requested rolls. I was able to use the built in modifier box to apply modifiers as a player then click the dice button. This added the modifier to the roll in the chat window.

mccartysr
January 5th, 2022, 03:50
I tested the new version using Starfinder to see if a play could apply modifiers. I did not see any place to add of click to apply misfires on the players window for requested rolls. I was able to use the built in modifier box to apply modifiers as a player then click the dice button. This added the modifier to the roll in the chat window.

I don't know what you mean by any place to apply misfire.

I'm glad the modifiers are working as intended.

Bonkon
January 5th, 2022, 06:38
Good Day mccartysr :)
We were playing tonight and when I was requesting rolls from the players the extension was not adding the proficiency bonus to skills players are proficient in. After the game I loaded up my Test campaign and only this extension and had the same result.
We love this extension! You have made a great help here for us all. :)

mccartysr
January 5th, 2022, 06:49
Good Day mccartysr :)
We were playing tonight and when I was requesting rolls from the players the extension was not adding the proficiency bonus to skills players are proficient in. After the game I loaded up my Test campaign and only this extension and had the same result.
We love this extension! You have made a great help here for us all. :)

Did you update? I just fixed that and version should be 2.1.

Farnaby
January 5th, 2022, 08:31

Both work for me on PFRPG2.

Thanks!

Ulric
January 5th, 2022, 15:07
I don't know what you mean by any place to apply misfire.

I'm glad the modifiers are working as intended.
sorry, it should have read "I did not see any place to add or click to apply modifiers on the players window for requested rolls" because your said "The modifiers will be added when you hit either the Roll button or fill out the box and hit OK for the manual rolls." I was expecting to see a new box to enter modifiers in to the manual roll window. I understand now that's not the case.

NickGaidin
January 5th, 2022, 19:33
[QUOTE=dbachen;633437]Coming in a little late on the feedback with the new interface. I understand why you hooked into the manual roll interface, but I definitely agree with the other posters that it makes it more complicated for the players.
Previously, they had a simple button to click which was to roll the dice and was very clearly from the extension saying it was a roll request. Now, they are provided with a popup that simply reads manual dice entry, and they have to know that they are supposed to click the dice icon. If they click the green checkbox (which from a UI perspective is the most logical), then they get a 0 on the roll, because that's what in the manual roll. This is where the confusion is. I really like the simplicity of the single button roll choice with their portrait..

I'm in this same boat - I'll keep an eye on it, hoping in the future you'll give the option. I don't use manual rolls and don't like the idea that a player can just choose to hit or even crit in a pivotal moment. If there was a way to tell when a player manually enters a result I would definitely go back to using it, but this is a hard stop for me. Regardless, thanks for all your hard work.

nephranka
January 5th, 2022, 19:43
Coming in a little late on the feedback with the new interface. I understand why you hooked into the manual roll interface, but I definitely agree with the other posters that it makes it more complicated for the players.

I'm in this same boat - I'll keep an eye on it, hoping in the future you'll give the option. I don't use manual rolls and don't like the idea that a player can just choose to hit or even crit in a pivotal moment. If there was a way to tell when a player manually enters a result I would definitely go back to using it, but this is a hard stop for me. Regardless, thanks for all your hard work.

FG does indicate when a manual roll was inputted. You can see when someone types a number compared to rolling.

Ludd_G
January 5th, 2022, 19:43
Hi,

it seems like RR isn't adding proficiency to Skill rolls? Saves are adding Prof correctly but Skills is just adding the Abilities Mod and not adding Prof.

This was tested with no other extensions and the latest release from the Forge (which required me to delete the existing version in my extensions folder and then run update. It seems like the Forge isn't pushing update reliably at the moment, annoyingly)

Cheers,

Simon

NickGaidin
January 5th, 2022, 21:09
Thanks nephranka - I wasn't seeing it as the DM and didn't notice it when testing. It's definitely there when the PC does it.

Much appreciated!

nephranka
January 5th, 2022, 21:48
Thanks nephranka - I wasn't seeing it as the DM and didn't notice it when testing. It's definitely there when the PC does it.

Much appreciated!

No worries. Glad to help.

mccartysr
January 5th, 2022, 23:20
It's also worth mentioning that it doesn't matter what the GM sets for if they use manual rolls. The setting is per client and players have always had the option to make all their rolls manually. Thus, it always places the manual roll note in the chat when done.

Bonkon
January 5th, 2022, 23:25
Did you update? I just fixed that and version should be 2.1.

Good Day mccatysr :)
Yes I did, right before the session (Even with the SW Warnings! :P ). I did not delete the original file (I forgot about that being needed sometimes). Honestly I did not think about it until I saw Ludd_G's post (#224). :)

mccartysr
January 6th, 2022, 02:44
Hi,

it seems like RR isn't adding proficiency to Skill rolls? Saves are adding Prof correctly but Skills is just adding the Abilities Mod and not adding Prof.

This was tested with no other extensions and the latest release from the Forge (which required me to delete the existing version in my extensions folder and then run update. It seems like the Forge isn't pushing update reliably at the moment, annoyingly)

Cheers,

Simon

Okay. I am seeing this now. I can probably get a fix out this week.

mccartysr
January 6th, 2022, 15:47
Version 2.2 has been released via the Forge.

Fix error for adding proficiency to skill rolls in 5E
Add help button to the Console with link to the RR Wiki (https://github.com/seanmccarty/RequestedRolls/wiki) (It's the question mark in the top right of the Console.)
Implement memory for last state of expander trays. They now stay expanded or contracted between sessions.

nephranka
January 6th, 2022, 16:34
Version 2.2 has been released via the Forge.

Fix error for adding proficiency to skill rolls in 5E
Add help button to the Console with link to the RR Wiki (https://github.com/seanmccarty/RequestedRolls/wiki) (It's the question mark in the top right of the Console.)
Implement memory for last state of expander trays. They now stay expanded or contracted between sessions.

Very nice! Thank you!

fogcutter
January 10th, 2022, 19:20
Finally figured out which version to use ....was getting errors with an older version. This one works great but I'm having problems adding new characters to the extension. When I add characters to the CT they are not showing up in the RFI window. Is there a trick to adding characters to the RFI window?

nephranka
January 10th, 2022, 19:41
Finally figured out which version to use ....was getting errors with an older version. This one works great but I'm having problems adding new characters to the extension. When I add characters to the CT they are not showing up in the RFI window. Is there a trick to adding characters to the RFI window?

I see them come and go as the CT changes. Maybe there is conflict with another ext?

fogcutter
January 10th, 2022, 20:18
I see them come and go as the CT changes. Maybe there is conflict with another ext?

That brings up another issue, though not a show stopper......when I remove all characters from the CT they're still in the RFI window

Klandare
January 10th, 2022, 20:36
is there a / command for Requested Rolls? I thought there was one before but I can't seem to find what it might be.

(btw...I was looking for the / command as i thought there was a reload option before in it which would get everyone from the CT back into it)

nephranka
January 10th, 2022, 21:27
That brings up another issue, though not a show stopper......when I remove all characters from the CT they're still in the RFI window

Yeah this could be either a conflict or an old version or both? I would test with only this ext loaded and confirm the version.

fogcutter
January 10th, 2022, 21:42
Yeah this could be either a conflict or an old version or both? I would test with only this ext loaded and confirm the version.

Good suggestion....tried it. Still no joy.

nephranka
January 10th, 2022, 21:51
Good suggestion....tried it. Still no joy.

What is the version and can you load a screenshot?

mccartysr
January 10th, 2022, 22:22
is there a / command for Requested Rolls? I thought there was one before but I can't seem to find what it might be.

(btw...I was looking for the / command as i thought there was a reload option before in it which would get everyone from the CT back into it)

Type /RR for the list of available commands. If you forget, it's printed to chat when the extension loads.

BushViper
January 10th, 2022, 22:28
Unfortunately, after my most recent session, I've decided to uninstall this extension. I understand that the underlying code had to be fixed to work with the changes to FGU and become more compatible with other extensions, but the UI is objectively worse than the old one and I genuinely don't understand why such dramatic changes to the aesthetics were necessary.

I was willing to tolerate it if my players liked it, but they finally told me they dislike it as well.

At any rate, I appreciate the time and effort you put in to this extension, it's just not for my players or I, anymore.

MrDDT
January 11th, 2022, 04:19
Unfortunately, after my most recent session, I've decided to uninstall this extension. I understand that the underlying code had to be fixed to work with the changes to FGU and become more compatible with other extensions, but the UI is objectively worse than the old one and I genuinely don't understand why such dramatic changes to the aesthetics were necessary.

I was willing to tolerate it if my players liked it, but they finally told me they dislike it as well.

At any rate, I appreciate the time and effort you put in to this extension, it's just not for my players or I, anymore.

You can use the one from a few updates ago if you want, hit me up, I still use that one because A) It works and B) It has the old layout still.

fogcutter
January 11th, 2022, 06:03
What is the version and can you load a screenshot?

Not sure what version it is...but the date was dated this month. So there's still some confusion (for me) as far as what the latest version/name I'm using.

I have have three extensions to do with rolling requests:

5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext - LOVE this version but it doesn't work anymore.....my players loved it too

5e_Roll_For_Initiative.ext - not nearly as nice looking interface - can't quite get it to work properly but it does function

RequestedRolls.ext - do NOT like the interface and I can't seem to get to function at all

I echo your sentiments and for the same reasons. Love the old interface and appreciate the time and effort it took to make it. If I can't have what I prefer, I'll just go back to having my players roll. It's really not that big of a deal, it was just nice for a while to use the older version.

BushViper
January 11th, 2022, 06:18
You can use the one from a few updates ago if you want, hit me up, I still use that one because A) It works and B) It has the old layout still.

That'd be great. Can you PM me a copy?

mccartysr
January 11th, 2022, 06:44
Not sure what version it is...but the date was dated this month. So there's still some confusion (for me) as far as what the latest version/name I'm using.

I have have three extensions to do with rolling requests:

5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext - LOVE this version but it doesn't work anymore.....my players loved it too

5e_Roll_For_Initiative.ext - not nearly as nice looking interface - can't quite get it to work properly but it does function

RequestedRolls.ext - do NOT like the interface and I can't seem to get to function at all

The version will be displayed to chat along with the title Requested Rolls when you startup the session. As a note, none of those extensions are compatible with each other.
Regarding RR, I'm not getting substantiated reports of it outright not working, so it's possibly related to your specific setup.

mattekure
January 11th, 2022, 12:50
Yeah, I've been using RR in 4 campaigns now, without issue. and we are using 50-60 extensions. So likely some kind of specific extension conflict or duplication

mccartysr
January 11th, 2022, 13:18
Since there has been a fair amount of traffic today, I may as well share that my next update will feature the return of indicators to show which players have rolls they still need to do. I still have one minor bug to hammer out on that. You will also be able to choose which expander trays show on the console and hide the others.

I may be able to introduce a setting where you click a button in the expander and it sends the roll. Putting the DCs on the expanders is more tricky than anticipated because of the way they are built as a class and FG's limitations. This would be trivial if there was only one field to set DC. I am open to feedback on this, and have created a poll for these.

Edit: also fixed a minor bug for npc rolls that nobody has reported

nephranka
January 11th, 2022, 14:49
Since there has been a fair amount of traffic today, I may as well share that my next update will feature the return of indicators to show which players have rolls they still need to do. I still have one minor bug to hammer out on that. You will also be able to choose which expander trays show on the console and hide the others.

I may be able to introduce a setting where you click a button in the expander and it sends the roll. Putting the DCs on the expanders is more tricky than anticipated because of the way they are built as a class and FG's limitations. This would be trivial if there was only one field to set DC. I am open to feedback on this, and have created a poll for these.

Edit: also fixed a minor bug for npc rolls that nobody has reported

Sounds great. Looking forward to testing it.

devilspork
January 11th, 2022, 16:21
Just wanted to throw my voice in the ring saying thank you to Mccartysr for the extension at all. Minor quibbles at best, the heart of allowing a DM to request a roll without breaking "the story" and to force those rolls hidden (versus "oops, I forgot the dice tower, but since I rolled a 17 do you still want me to re-roll it?").
For Perception, Investigation and Knowledge checks, I force hidden and don't even enter a DC. I'll figure out who knows what when I see the results. For Saving Throws, or opposed checks, I will enter DC's, but a lot of those things are already automated by effects.

dmontgomery32
January 11th, 2022, 23:47
Just wanted to say Thanks to @mccartysr for this extension. I love it. I like the new UI over the old one. More compact and to the point. It did take me a bit to get used to it, but I really do think it is a significant improvement.

Again..Thanks!!

chaiwalla
January 12th, 2022, 00:19
Agree with aboves. The first FGU functionality that I had to pitch out was any and all NPC spell casting requiring a saving throw. My players have demanded “requested rolls'' for saving throws from the get go - which I’ve been doing verbally. This extension brings back so much automation and functionality to the system as a whole.

And a (verbal) request to the whole party for say a Perception check leads to not only Perception rolls outside the dice tower, but to just random d20s tossed in the chat window. Now with this extension, so many of these headaches have vanished.

Having come to the extension recently, I can’t comment on this UI with what was there before. The only (briefly) initially confusing thing to me was the request pop-up window being the manual rolls window - I thought the “manual rolls” option was stuck and I kept trying to turn it off.