PDA

View Full Version : LINE OF SIGHT. .ai files, .xml files etc

hagrid70
September 5th, 2021, 13:42
Hello hivemind. has anyone messed around with the LOS xml files? im trying desperately to find a way to get some sort of insight into how the xml files work. the ultimate aim of this is to be able to convert .AI files into xml and then add them into my maps. PLEASE HELP ME HIVEMIND, YOURE MY ONLY HOPE.

ANY advice, methodology or experience gratefully recieved.

Zacchaeus
September 5th, 2021, 15:12
The LoS xml files are fairly simple affairs. the easiest way to see one is to open up an image and draw all the different kinds of occluder on to it and then right click on the layer and export the xml file. You can then open that up in a text editor to see the structure.

hagrid70
September 5th, 2021, 15:18
i will try this tonight. thank you for bein awesome man.

the challenge would then become workin out how to format an .AI file the same way :)

Zacchaeus
September 5th, 2021, 15:21
Indeed.

bmos
September 5th, 2021, 17:35
i will try this tonight. thank you for bein awesome man.

the challenge would then become workin out how to format an .AI file the same way :)If you know python you could probably use this project as inspiration:
https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu

hagrid70
September 5th, 2021, 17:49
well. if i could get my .ai files INTO dungeondraft, then there would be some utility to this. do you have experience using it?

bmos
September 5th, 2021, 18:32
well. if i could get my .ai files INTO dungeondraft, then there would be some utility to this. do you have experience using it?Nope, never used it and don't know anything about python.
I was just assuming from your post that you were going to try and write a program to convert .ai into .xml of the right format for FGU. If so, seeing how another tool does that same thing for a different input file type could be useful.
If I misunderstood and that isn't what you're trying to do, disregard my post :P

hagrid70
September 5th, 2021, 19:04
that sir is exactly what i wish to do :) i just have no idea as to how to go about it :)