PDA

View Full Version : Module not working

Iceman
September 3rd, 2021, 14:56
Long before I ugpraded to FGU I bought Xanthars Guide. Both Players and GM/regular modules appear under LIBRARY in FGU. When I click on MODULES it properly shows a green check mark for Players Xanthars and a red X for GM Xanthars. When I click on an item/creature to see the details (such as a Forest Hobgoblin) I get the following message:
Unable to open window using wildcard link because no module contianing that link is open. check your active library modules.

Please advise.

bmos
September 3rd, 2021, 15:01
Long before I ugpraded to FGU I bought Xanthars Guide. Both Players and GM/regular modules appear under LIBRARY in FGU. When I click on MODULES it properly shows a green check mark for Players Xanthars and a red X for GM Xanthars. When I click on an item/creature to see the details (such as a Forest Hobgoblin) I get the following message:
Unable to open window using wildcard link because no module contianing that link is open. check your active library modules.

Please advise.The green check/red x are how to allow/disallow player loading of modules.
For you to use the modules, you must click the "Load" button on the module (regardless of colored toggle).

Iceman
September 3rd, 2021, 15:11
I have LOADED and UNLOADED repeatedly. It is currently set to LOAD but gives the error above.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2021, 15:12
You'll need a module open that contains that data. A wildcard link is a way of providing data from multiple modules. In this case, creatures could be in the D&D Basic Rules - DM, 5E SRD Bestiary, or D&D Monster Manual. Have one of these open to be able to access the creatures through links. Note that the Basic Rules and SRD modules don't contain everything, so go with the Monster Manual if you have that.

Zacchaeus
September 3rd, 2021, 15:48

Please advise.

I'm going to assume here that you are clicking on a link from one of the many random encounters in Xanathar since there isn't an NPC called Forest Hobgoblin. As noted above - and in the module - the links in those encounters aren't linking to anything in Xanathar but rather to a module containing the creature. Many of them, as Trenloe says, will be in the SRD but many will also only be found in the Monster Manual. So in order to utilize those encounters you will need the Monster manual open or at the very least the SRD module.