PDA

View Full Version : Question For Yous

Troney
August 23rd, 2007, 18:01
Hi Before I buy I would like to know if I can't bring in/import my own adventures/world into FG? If so how easy is it?

richvalle
August 23rd, 2007, 18:11
Not hard.

Maps/images are the easiest as you just drop them into a folder.

Text you can do as a story page.

NPC's as Personalities.

If you want you can do each town/city/location as a seperate module and only load them when the players enter that area.

For world background sort of stuff I'd recommend a webpage or somethink like that so that people can read it offline.

Hope that helps.

rv

Troney
August 23rd, 2007, 18:17
Hmm alright that is good to know. Has anyone taken any adventure packages and converted them to be used in FG? Like Temple of elemental evil or the age of worms campaign from Dungeon?

richvalle
August 23rd, 2007, 18:44
Digital Adventures has done several and sells them.

https://www.digitaladventures.net/fg_adventures.htm

I'm doing the Worlds Largest Dungeon right now. I don't put much into FG... only what I have to in order to run the game for that night. I drop in the maps, make token and, if I'm feeling ambious, make nps for the bad guys. Everything else I just read from the book and wing it as I go setting up hot keys as I need them.

rv

scytale2
August 23rd, 2007, 23:01
Yes is the simple answer.

Converting into FG is a piece of cake, especially if you have the pdf of the module.

Non-standard monsters and NPCs are a bit time consuming, but to counter that standard monsters are ultra easy with the D20 all included.

I would suggest it takes no more than about a day to convert a 32 page module from the pdf and it's fun too.