PDA

View Full Version : Character Selection Oddity

Metlore
September 1st, 2021, 04:09
Since installing version 4.1.5, once players claim their character sheet, they no longer show up in the Character Selection window, except for the DM (me). If I release ownership for a character, it shows back up for everyone in the Character Selection window to be selected. I have tried creating multiple campaigns. We are running D&D 5e. There are no mods/extensions loaded in any of the campaigns. I have also tried clearing the cache and it's made no difference. Is this intended behavior or is this a bug?

Moon Wizard
September 1st, 2021, 04:20
As far as I know, that's the way that the Character Selection has always worked. Any characters which are "active" are removed from the list returned by the server.

Regards,
JPG

Metlore
September 1st, 2021, 04:40
As far as I know, that's the way that the Character Selection has always worked. Any characters which are "active" are removed from the list returned by the server.

Regards,
JPG

That’s not how it worked in the past for me but as long as it’s working as intended. Thanks for the reply. :)

damned
September 1st, 2021, 07:06
If Player A selects Character A then Character A will only show up in the list for Player A and the GM and it wont show up in the list for Player A if they have already selected it.

For the GM it shows ALL characters while for players it shows Characters available for selection.

Metlore
September 1st, 2021, 13:39
Thanks for the feedback. My players all insisted that their own characters always showed up even if they owned them. As a forever DM, I really wasn’t sure since I could always see everyone’s.