PDA

View Full Version : FG Forge Subscriptions Broken?

Adamanteus
August 31st, 2021, 15:55
Is anyone else running into an issue loading user made extensions from the FG Forge?
Specific example I'm running into issues with -> https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/68/view

Previously, I had just downloaded and manually installed this extension.
But now, the Forge required I get it (for $0), but then didn't give any download option.
I can see it in my Forge subscriptions (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/inventory) and it lists enabled.
But when I check for updates from FG, I get the message 'No Forge subscriptions'

Additionally, if I try to disable it from my Forge inventory, I get an error message indicating 'Failed to disable item.'

The only threads I can find on this are that the FG Unity Forge item auto-update feature is a work in progress and not complete.
But if that's the case, how am I supposed to download and install this extension?

bmos
August 31st, 2021, 16:37
Previously, I had just downloaded and manually installed this extension.
But now, the Forge required I get it (for $0), but then didn't give any download option.Once you add on the Forge you just open the FG Updater and click Update.
It will download future updates whenever you update it, so you shouldn't have to work with many ext files anymore.

Adamanteus
August 31st, 2021, 16:44
Yes, I already tried that.
There's no indication that running the update loads the extension.
Also, the update process specifically lists that 'No Forge subscriptions' are detected.

bmos
August 31st, 2021, 16:53
the update process specifically lists that 'No Forge subscriptions' are detected.And you are signed into the same account in FG that you are using on the Forums?

Adamanteus
August 31st, 2021, 16:58
And you are signed into the same account in FG that you are using on the Forums?

Yes. Same account on both. See attached images.

superteddy57
August 31st, 2021, 17:04
Please reach out to support to have them look into it and see if additional steps on our end is needed.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

Adamanteus
August 31st, 2021, 17:11
Please reach out to support to have them look into it and see if additional steps on our end is needed.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something critical I missed (or if it was general problem folks were already aware of.)
I'll get a support request submitted.

Thank you both for your quick responses.

Gubbelguu
August 31st, 2021, 21:33
The same thing occured to me while I was in the "Test"-Channel, no subscriptions were found via the FGU-Updater. I switched to the "Live"-Channel and without any problems the subscriptions were there.

Maybe there is a problem with the different channels?

FyreM
August 31st, 2021, 22:08
or....
none of your Forge items HAD "testing" releases.
When a dev publises a release to the Forge, they click if the release is for LIVE or TEST. it follows that if you are in TEST and none of your Forge items have TEST versions, that you would indeed see " No Forge subscriptions"

also once a DEV has finished what ever "testing" they wanted to do, it is very possible for them to MOVE that version from TEST to LIVE.. once again, leaving no TEST verison for you to see.

Moon Wizard
August 31st, 2021, 22:32
I've submitted this to the Devs to review. The expectation in the current DLC update system is that builds fall through to Live if there are no specific builds in that channel. I've asked them to review to make sure whether the same logic exists in Forge system, and whether that's relevant to this issue.

Regards,
JPG

smelton
August 31st, 2021, 22:39
If you are on the Test channel then the updater will install/update the Test build of your Forge subscriptions, if one is available. If you are on any other channel (Live, Dev, Prev) then the updater will install/update the Live build.

FyreM
August 31st, 2021, 22:50
If you are on the Test channel then the updater will install/update the Test build of your Forge subscriptions, if one is available. If you are on any other channel (Live, Dev, Prev) then the updater will install/update the Live build.

but if none are avaialibe. it instealls.. nothing? and shows the user "no subscriptions found"?

bmos
August 31st, 2021, 23:25
That's certainly not what I would have expected from it, but very good to know!

smelton
September 2nd, 2021, 17:29
but if none are avaialibe. it instealls.. nothing? and shows the user "no subscriptions found"?

It will now fall back to the Live build if you are on the Test channel and a Test build is not available

FyreM
September 2nd, 2021, 17:30
It will now fall back to the Live build if you are on the Test channel and a Test build is not available

Three Cheers!