PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Ckorik
August 30th, 2021, 13:53
Not for the program. For the website.

Can we please get a rating system or review system for the store? I would love to let other GM's know when they are browsing stuff if I found it useful - I mean even a dedicated product discussion thread per product that would link back and allow someone browsing to go look at the threads would be helpful I think.

I did NOT use the suggestion site - that's for the program - AFAIK there is no 'ideas to improve the website' thread or location - let me know if there is and I'll post appropriately thank you.

bmos
August 30th, 2021, 14:27
I think this is a great idea, although there should be some 'versioning' taken into account (since conversions often have inaccuracies fixed later on and reviews can be skewed by early issues).
Importantly, I think reviews should require text to avoid the 'everything is 5 stars' problem that often occurs when review text can be left blank. Personally I would suggest a character limit as well, although this might not be for everyone.

Mytherus
August 30th, 2021, 17:02
Agree. Its a bit surprising there hasn't been a review or rating system yet for the store. Most ecommerce sites include such in their planning before the site is even built.

LordEntrails
August 30th, 2021, 17:30
It's been suggested and discussed before. I don't remember their replies, but SmiteWorks is aware of the discussions. I suspect a search of the forums will reveal what they have said before.

mhossom
August 30th, 2021, 20:45
I see one possible issue with this. It would need to be clear what the review was for. A bad review of the original content may be interpreted as a reflection on Fantasy Grounds and how the system presents it. Just my 2 cp.

Laerun
August 31st, 2021, 21:15
I agree that reviews would be sort of fun, however, this can also end up being more opinion-based and potentially non-factual. How many reviews have you seen that are one-sided comparisons, or that the person reviewing has never used the other products and has not gone through all of the content? Or, hey, everyone is getting this product, and it has good reviews, so let's buy it, and then never use it. I think it's healthier to NOT include reviews. You will get negative battles between creators or publishers asking people to down-vote or give 2-star reviews fictitiously... Yeah, it is not worth the drama.