PDA

View Full Version : Saving Token Lights?

Desmodaeus
August 29th, 2021, 17:50
Is there any way to save a token light to be applied to a character? I have a player with a rapier that glows with a pale blue light. It is annoying to have to make that light token over and over again every time she is on a new map. Is it possible to save that effect somehow to be applied as needed?

Moon Wizard
August 29th, 2021, 18:15
In the Options dialog, there is a way to create presets for token lights you commonly use, and specify an effect tag such as "weapon". Then, you can just add an effect "LIGHT: 5 weapon" to the PC in the combat tracker.

Regards,
JPG

Desmodaeus
August 29th, 2021, 18:22
This doesn't allow for color to be added though does it?

Desmodaeus
August 29th, 2021, 18:29
Nevermind. Awesome, thank you!

Zacchaeus
August 29th, 2021, 18:30
Yes, it does.

Desmodaeus
August 29th, 2021, 18:44
Well, I created it, but it refuses to do anything. I set it up exactly like "candle" that is already there by default and simply changed the color, yet it does nothing when i place the effect on the player. I don't see what I am doing wrong.

Desmodaeus
August 29th, 2021, 18:46
Example of how I did it...

Zacchaeus
August 29th, 2021, 18:54
And creating an effect in the actions tab of LIGHT: weapon and then applying it does nothing? Or even just applying the effect from the effects panel whilst the character is selected on the CT?

Desmodaeus
August 29th, 2021, 19:10
I add the effect in the CT of any other pre-made light tokens and it works. Then I drag the one I created onto her character in the CT and it does nothing. Then I create another one of a different color with the exact same parameters, and that one works, but the original one doesn't. I don't know what is going on.

Desmodaeus
August 29th, 2021, 19:16
I figured it out. Apparently, tags must be unique? I had two effects using the same tag. Now that I made them different, it works. Still don't know why it didn't work from the first time though before I created two effects, since there was only one with the tag originally. I did restart FG and it worked after, so who knows. Anyway, happy it works! Thanks as usual guys.

Moon Wizard
August 29th, 2021, 19:47
Yes, there needs to be a unique "effect tag" for each token light preset; or the effects system doesn't know which token light preset to map to and just picks the first one it finds.

Regards,
JPG