PDA

View Full Version : SW store bundles not regarding Steam purchases

Weissrolf
August 28th, 2021, 11:12
It recently turned out that the SW store does not consider Steam purchases for completing bundles. This seems to be a deliberate marketing decision instead of a technical one as the SW store is well aware of Steam purchases (via Steam Account Synchronization). As such it even lists Steam purchases in its own "Order history".

https://i.imgur.com/AHy12xd.png

What is the rationale behind not considering Steam purchases for bundle completion?

Kelrugem
August 28th, 2021, 11:29
This is known, see the first note here for example: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996639425/Linking+with+External+Services+and+Applications

But I do not know what the technical reason behind this is, that one can link the stuff of Stem to FG except in the context of bundles.

Zacchaeus
August 28th, 2021, 13:05
Steam and the SW store are two different stores. Steam takes 30% of the purchase price of all DLC sold so you can't really expect to have a bundle that is partly bought on Steam and partly on the store. It would mean that the bundles would be sold at a loss via the store.

Weissrolf
August 28th, 2021, 15:24
I am not sold on the "at a loss" part when we are still buying everything we don't own yet at a 15% discount. It surely depends on how much you bought on Steam beforehand and how much you would buy from the bundle in single package. In my case that would be 2 adventure modules, which means 2 our of 22 modules were sold at 30% less while all the rest are sold at 15% less for SW.

Ultimately that 22 modules bundle is too big for me anyway, but I was rather surprised to find that Steam purchases are disregarded despite them technically being known by the SW shop and wondered about the rationale, as in getting the information and not having to speculate (which we are still doing).

Moon Wizard
August 28th, 2021, 17:32
Please reach out to support via link in menu. Depending on the number of items, we can sometimes migrate products between stores by manual process.

JPG