PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen on Startup

merkidemis
August 27th, 2021, 19:54
This is not a black screen on the maps issue.

Helping a buddy of mine out with an older laptop (Windows 8.1, nVidia GT 650M, Core i7-3630QM) and he's having issues with getting Fantasy grounds to work correctly. It had be working a couple months ago, however now when the application starts it briefly shows what I assume is the default Unity world plane (blueish on top, tan on bottom), then goes black and stays that way. The window frame is still there, so we can access the minimize/close buttons, as well is the dropdown from the icon, but we can't see the lobby screen, etc.

We have tried reinstalling, updating his graphics driver, etc, but to no avail. Any recommendations on what we can try next?

Moon Wizard
August 27th, 2021, 20:00
Can you please get the Player.log file from your buddy?
(Located at "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\LocalLow\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\Player.log")

This is the Unity game engine system log that states what is happening with GPU initialization.

This reminds me of the other issue we had with 10+ year old Macs that didn't technically meet the system requirements.

Regards,
JPG

merkidemis
August 27th, 2021, 20:27
Absolutely. I have his laptop while I try to scare it into submission.

Log file attached.

merkidemis
August 28th, 2021, 00:12
A more complete purge (including a CCleaner run to clean up any mess) and reinstall seems to have cleared it up.

damned
August 28th, 2021, 02:01
accidentally bump it up to Win 10 while you are at it...

Moon Wizard
August 28th, 2021, 02:57
Thanks for letting us know. Glad you got it working.

JPG