PDA

View Full Version : Freeform (ALT) mask reveal lines "skipping"

Ecks
August 26th, 2021, 19:00
When using the freeform (ALT key) mask hide/reveal tools (either for ambient lighting or global mask), if I'm zoomed in on the map and moving the mouse slowly the trace/preview line will "skip", leaving a broken line. A couple examples are attached. The final revealed area will be somewhat jagged. It doesn't happen as much if zoomed out or moving the mouse quickly, but it's very noticeable when zoomed in and tracing out an area (e.g. for lighting). The effect seems to be more severe the slower you move the mouse.

v4.1.5 (2021-08-26)
5E v2021-07-06
New campaign, no extensions

Moon Wizard
August 29th, 2021, 17:48
Okay, I was able to recreate the intermittent points on the tool visual display when zoomed in. Was the issue just the visual display of the blue/red lines, or does it affect the area revealed?
I'm only seeing the display issue in my test campaign.

Thanks,
JPG

Ecks
August 29th, 2021, 19:25
Just the visual display of the blue/red lines, the area revealed seems to work OK.

I did note that the slower the shape was traced, the more points / line segments the shape seems to have, resulting in a more "jagged" area. Attached a couple screen captures comparing them.

Moon Wizard
August 29th, 2021, 19:45
Okay, just making sure I understood the issue. I've filed a ticket for @cpinder to review next time he's looking at those tools.

Thanks,
JPG

Chronosftime00
December 17th, 2021, 12:34
I'm having the same issue when i use the alt key. Did you happen to find a answer on how to fix it that i'm not seeing?

Ecks
December 17th, 2021, 16:36
It sounds like there is a ticket open with the developer to investigate. In the meantime, the only workarounds that I've identified are to zoom out further and/or trace the area faster to avoid the issue - sorry these workarounds aren't too helpful.