PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about the Pulp Cthulhu ruleset extension

new_vision
August 26th, 2021, 18:07
Hey folks,

i am quite savvy with the regular 7th edition of CoC and want to dive deep into the Pulp world for my new campaign. However - there seem to be some issues (on my end?) with the ruleset and i hope someone can help me out here.

1) I have loaded the following modules: Investigators handbook, CoC 7e, CoC 7e Pulp Cthulhu, CoC7e PC Reference. Going to options, activate Pulp Cthulhu area. When i check the "Use Pulp Cthulhu Rules" i get the following console error:

handler error: [string "campaign/scripts/char.lua"]:214: attempt to index global 'maxhp' (a nil value)

2) Character creation: I have found a thread clarifying how to bring the talents onto the sheet, but what about the additional skills from archetypes? I can drag and drop the archetypes onto the sheet, but where should i put the skill point for the archetype? The char sheet doesn't show a column for that.

FGU is updated to the newest version.

Ideas?

damned
August 27th, 2021, 15:05
I dont get the error.
Is this a new campaign or existing campaign?
Is there anything else you have done?

Its an accounting thing only.
Add the extra points to Personal.

new_vision
August 27th, 2021, 15:28
I dont get the error.
Is this a new campaign or existing campaign?
Is there anything else you have done?

Brand new campaign. No extra extension or any other shenanigans.

Its an accounting thing only.
Add the extra points to Personal.

Thanks! ;)

new_vision
August 28th, 2021, 15:09
I tested a bit, deleted the campaign and created a new one. Same steps, but this time the is not console error message. Strange! Anyway - it runs now! Onward to creating the campaign properly. :D