PDA

View Full Version : Finding the SWAE in the store

Weissrolf
August 25th, 2021, 09:19
Today I tried to find the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition in the SW store. Not an easy task to accomplish, because it seems to be missing categories?!

No results under Rulesets or Core Rules. No results for "Savage Worlds Edition". Last result (scroll all the way down) for "Savage Worlds Adventure Edition", no result when "" are used. A bit less than last for "Savage Worlds Adventure".

At least the category part might help to find this easier. ;)

Jiminimonka
August 25th, 2021, 14:57

First item in the search for me.

Weissrolf
August 25th, 2021, 15:43
That is because you noticed the "Top Sellers" above the search field, while I only looked at the search results below the search fields without even looking at the advertisement above. That's how we are conditioned after years of web ads. It's at the very bottom in search results and categories don't find anything of the sort, as originally I wasn't sure how the current edition is even called.

https://i.imgur.com/rvmjBXz.png

Jiminimonka
August 25th, 2021, 16:06
Yeah I start at the top of a page when reading and not the middle. But that's just me....

Weissrolf
August 25th, 2021, 16:16
Yes, most people look below the search-field, so that's indeed just you. Anyway, I shared the information, I got the snide remark. Someone might want to look into SWAE store categories, or not. I don't really care now that I found what I personally was looking for.

Jiminimonka
August 25th, 2021, 16:39
It's called SWADE for future reference.

Weissrolf
August 25th, 2021, 16:41
Good to know.

damned
August 25th, 2021, 22:59
Its last in the search result because the search displays newest items first
If you just filter by Rulesets it is 13th in the list

Weissrolf
August 25th, 2021, 23:04
Ah, and because I did not know the name of the current edition I filtered by ruleset "Savage Worlds" without noticing that there is a *second* entry named "Savage Worlds Adventure Edition". Thus I did not find the core rules under that ruleset filter.

What is the difference between the two?

damned
August 25th, 2021, 23:10
There have been at least editions of SaWo.
This is a conversion guide https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/peg-swade/SWEX_to_SWADE.pdf? from Explorer to Adventure
Unless you have a specific reason to do otherwise you would choose Adventure/SWADE

Weissrolf
August 25th, 2021, 23:16
I did not expect game system "Game System" Savage Worlds + "Product Type" Ruleset to only return an old edition. That was when I was thrown off and started to do different searches and then had to scroll through stuff to find what I was hoping for. Using the below combination returns the ruleset immediately, one just has to know about the difference to begin with.

https://i.imgur.com/xR6edoK.png

Would be nice if search results would sort by "relevance" as most often found with web searches. But seeing how a search for "Savage Worlds Edition" returns nothing - one of my tries without knowing which edition to look for - I assume that this is a custom search engine that is somewhat limited in its scope. Next time I am more prepared to deal with that.

https://i.imgur.com/yaB0EHB.png

damned
August 25th, 2021, 23:28
I just did a search:

No search term -
Filter
Game System: Savage Worlds Adventure Edition
Publisher: Any
Product Type: Ruleset

That returns the SWADE ruleset for me

It seems that whatever text you type in to the search field is searched as one string
eg "Savage Worlds Edition" will not return any matches
I think this could be improved

Weissrolf
August 26th, 2021, 00:02
Yes, that is what I just wrote and posted screenshots about, in both cases. :P Thanks for the help, though.

Because I did not know about the edition and did not notice that there is a second "Savage World" entry in the Game System list I was lead astray. Having the search field be one string made things even more confusing, because I suspected that some kind of "edition" might be involved. In the end I found it and now know about the two different game systems.

Maybe change "Savage Worlds" to "Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorers Edition" to make the difference more clear?

I also wonder about the difference between a "Ruleset" and "Core Rules" product type, but that confusion is not SWADE specific I guess.

damned
August 26th, 2021, 00:52
Core Rules is where a Core Rulebook is a separate product to the Ruleset.
for 5E and PF2 the ruleset is included with the client and the books are presented as Core Rules
for Call of Cthulhu or Savage Worlds Adventure Edition the rulebook ships with the Ruleset

Weissrolf
August 26th, 2021, 09:55
Thanks for the explanation.