PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Weeknight Game Fridays CST US Time Zone – No Sys Pref

chivalrylives
August 21st, 2021, 17:12
I have been mostly running games since I started in 1979. Everything I have ever done has been face-to-face so I have no experience playing or running over a tool like Fantasy Grounds. I would like to try out playing online. I have run so many different published systems and designed so many of my own that I have forgotten more than I remember. I have played a few but the vast majority of my experience is in running games.

FG License: Free version of Unity only at this time. I used to have a subscription but it is currently lapsed.
Time Zone: Central Time USA. I can usually be free to start playing around 6PM.
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: I am looking for a Friday game. It could be weekly, bi-weekly, or whatever. I am trying this type of playing out.
Term: I hope I like the format and will stick with it for a while. Even if it turns out I don’t like it much, I will not just quit. I will work it out with the GM how to best exit my character so as to not disrupt the overall campaign.
Voice: I will voice chat. I will likely use a voice for in character, and a different voice for out of character.

Game System Preferred: No preference.
Game System Experience: Too many to remember.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Almost none.

Character Type Preferred: No preference.
About me: To me the story is a collaboration between all the player’s characters and the person telling the story. I have seen lots of teams who dither for great lengths of time because they are not sure what is going to happen when they take a particular action. Me, I want to see what happens! We might not make the right call. The course we choose might put the team in even greater jeopardy. Sometimes the best game situations come from moments like that!
I am going to learn what kind of story the person running the game wants to tell. I am going to make a character that fits the story. Then I am going to enjoy the ride.
One other thing. This hobby all started with people who had trouble connecting with others. I respect that. I know how hard it is to put oneself out there. I am not perfect but if you write me I will always try to write back.