PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Currently installs in the vault [Fixed]

Dire Weasel
August 20th, 2021, 23:24
My extension "SkipTurn" installs in Data.
The page claims it installs in the Vault.
The list claims it installs in the Vault.

The extension "Has Initiative Indicator" installs in the Vault.
The page claims it installs in Data.
The list claims it installs in the Vault.

Sterno
August 20th, 2021, 23:41
Came here because I noticed my items have the same issue, and at a glance, it looks like just about all the Data ones are at least partially wrong.

Weissrolf
August 21st, 2021, 00:01
At least for "SkipTurn" I can say that it installs in both the Vault (UID) and the Extensions (name) folders. Vault keeps a .dat with only a manifest.json file in it, Extensions keeps an unencrypted .ext file.

Disabling updates only removes the Vault file and leaves the Extensions file intact.

Kelrugem
August 21st, 2021, 10:15
yeah, my extensions are also listed as vault although they install in data :)

Weissrolf
August 21st, 2021, 10:23
Where is "data"?

Kelrugem
August 21st, 2021, 10:34
Where is "data"?

data just means the extensions folder for extensions :) (modules for modules, rulesets for rulesets..)

Weissrolf
August 21st, 2021, 10:37
So it is: modules for modules, rulesets for rulesets, vault for vault and data for extensions. I understand.

Kelrugem
August 21st, 2021, 10:41
So it is: modules for modules, rulesets for rulesets, vault for vault and data for extensions. I understand.

No, as dev you have two options for your forge items: Install at vault or data :)

The former is clear

The second means that extensions will then be in /extensions, modules in /modules, and so on :) So, "data" is the placeholder for saying that it is not in the vault but in the usual place a user would install something
This is what we mean with data :D

Weissrolf
August 21st, 2021, 10:49
Ah, obviously *now* I really understand. ;)

ju95
August 23rd, 2021, 21:47
This was a visual bug and should now be fixed.

Kelrugem
August 24th, 2021, 22:33
This was a visual bug and should now be fixed.

There was still some bug: My extensions still showed "vault", although the build was in data :) The reason seemingly was that the build was in data but the default setting at the top of the build section was on vault. (since the general default setting was introduced later, several of my extensions had that still on vault although all my build are on data :) )

Is it possible that the forge page shows the installation folder of the build instead which can be different than the chosen default setting? :)

smelton
August 25th, 2021, 01:22

There was still some bug: My extensions still showed "vault", although the build was in data :) The reason seemingly was that the build was in data but the default setting at the top of the build section was on vault. (since the general default setting was introduced later, several of my extensions had that still on vault although all my build are on data :) )

Is it possible that the forge page shows the installation folder of the build instead which can be different than the chosen default setting? :)

Since we shifted from a per-build install location to a per-product install location, any pre-existing builds can be updated by changing the install location

Kelrugem
August 25th, 2021, 08:18
Since we shifted from a per-build install location to a per-product install location, any pre-existing builds can be updated by changing the install location

thanks, I gladly did already :) (and now I observed that one can only change install location per-product; I thought it is also still possible per-build and hence my request :D Thanks, then everything's okay :) )

Sterno
August 26th, 2021, 20:00
A clearer way of saying it:

If your extension is in the vault, a user will not be able to see your source code, since the extension is encrypted.
If your extension is in data, a user can simply go to their extensions folder and unzip the extension to see the source code.