PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Fri eve or Sun CST US Time 5e

JalapenoTrellis
August 20th, 2021, 07:59
FG License: Free, but I'm willing to purchase or pay a sub if that is what it takes for consistent serious play. Open to paid games.
Time Zone: Central time US
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Fri 4p-2a, Sun 11a-2a (15 hr available); at least 1x/wk, willing to play Fri/Sun too
Term: long term campaign; I've been in 5 short term things and it's not enough for me. I'm very experienced in levels 2-4, and I've never played level 1. I show up all the time on time and am prepared.
Voice: I can voice chat, have used Discord.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: 5e: I can find things quickly in the PHB, Xanathar's, Tasha's after reading them a lot and have physical copies. I also own a DMG, Volo's, MM, MToF, and a few published campaigns I want to DM myself later, but I only have 10 months of experience playing D&D at all and want to get more experience before I DM. I'm online because I want to play D&D more than meet locals, and I appreciate the idea that there could be a game when I'm available.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I can set up my character decently. I'm open to advice though since I'm not a pro at FG, but I understand it better than other online options because this is the only one I've done. The rest of my D&D experience has been in person over the last 8 months. I'm about 2 months new to online D&D.

Character Type Preferred: I have a Genie Warlock ready that is kinda a face/utility char. I don't think I've got to play it yet since it's only been in two 1 or 3 session online games. However, I also have experience playing a moon druid, a wild magic sorc, and a way of mercy monk. They are all fun. I really want to play the warlock though at this point. I'm excited about it.
About me: I'm a 35 male. I like a mix of combat and RP. I can be pretty tactical in combat since I study the rules on Reddit a fair amount because that's exciting to me, but I am obviously trying to play a face char too. I'm not min-maxed, and I have no issues playing with people who like that. I want to play with people who want to play, so who know their character and aren't just here to eat imaginary chicken fingers in a pub for 4 hours instead of rescuing a team member in prison. That group also routinely split the group while we watched the DM and one player RP for 6 hours. This has happened to me over 2 sessions in person, which is why I left that group--and the two players eating chicken fingers didn't seem to care the DM and that player were RPing for 6 hours, content to be on their computers or reading the news on their phones in person. I'm here to unwind and have fun and play the game. I've played MMORPGs for most of my 20s and don't think I have time for them anymore (can't log onto something daily), and I'm also a pretty experienced table top gamer. My favorite game is Wiz War if it's not D&D 5e or HeroQuest, but I also like things like Codenames or Taboo. I also paint miniatures, but I'm not a pro or anything at it. I like to workout, eat healthy, ice skate. I also am a small business owner, and I have a graduate degree.