PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Uploading Build?

Tailz Silver Paws
August 20th, 2021, 02:04
Hello,
I am attempting to upload a new product and I am getting an error when I try to upload the module file.

I click to select the file I want to upload and it seems to be uploading, but then a red box appears and says: Request timed out after 3000 seconds.

I am uploading an 11.1mb file, and I have tried to do it using Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (fails in both).

LordEntrails
August 20th, 2021, 02:39
Does it actually take 3000 seconds (50 minutes) to give you the error message or does it appear in a few?

Tailz Silver Paws
August 20th, 2021, 03:03
Does it actually take 3000 seconds (50 minutes) to give you the error message or does it appear in a few?
It appears quite quickly, a second or two.

LordEntrails
August 20th, 2021, 17:57
Until one of the devs chime in. I can only suggest a few generic trouble shooting things. Reboot? Anti-virus? Assuming you don't have trouble uploading the file to Drive or One Cloud? but I suspect you already tried those. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Tailz Silver Paws
August 21st, 2021, 08:03
Until one of the devs chime in. I can only suggest a few generic trouble shooting things. Reboot? Anti-virus? Assuming you don't have trouble uploading the file to Drive or One Cloud? but I suspect you already tried those. Sorry I can't be of more help.
All is good, I tried again after a short while and the file uploaded without a problem.

Tailz Silver Paws
September 18th, 2021, 01:26
This problem has returned and I can not upload any builds to any products. Same error message as before.

I select the file to upload, click submit build, the little green bar races across and a second or two later the error message appears with a cross icon over the file icon graphic.

I have been able to upload images for the products fine, but the build files always fail.

I have tried uploading at different times as well.

As it stands presently I can not upload product builds :(

Tailz Silver Paws
September 18th, 2021, 21:44
Gave uploading builds again this morning. The upload seemed to start, but when the upload bar was halfway it gave the same error.
As it stands presently, I can not upload anything to the forge.

LordEntrails
September 18th, 2021, 21:50
Is it still happening quickly? Is the file very large?

Tailz Silver Paws
September 18th, 2021, 22:04
Is it still happening quickly? Is the file very large?

This morning I tried uploading from my iPad. The upload started, progressed till the middle of the bar (took maybe a second or two) and then gave me the error. The files I am uploading are:
33.7mb
45mb
29.8mb

LordEntrails
September 18th, 2021, 22:49
None of that seems excessive. I would open a support ticket directly; support.fantasygrounds.com. Doesn't seem anyone here is able to provide any useful help. I know I'm stumped.

Tailz Silver Paws
September 18th, 2021, 23:05
None of that seems excessive. I would open a support ticket directly; support.fantasygrounds.com. Doesn't seem anyone here is able to provide any useful help. I know I'm stumped.

I did, but I was told to post the bug report here so they could keep all of the support for Forge in one place. LOLz

LordEntrails
September 18th, 2021, 23:14
I did, but I was told to post the bug report here so they could keep all of the support for Forge in one place. LOLz
Hmm, Let's wait until Monday and see if you have a response by then. If not, we can both try other channels such as Discord.

Tailz Silver Paws
September 18th, 2021, 23:23
Hmm, Let's wait until Monday and see if you have a response by then. If not, we can both try other channels such as Discord.
Already posted in the #forge_support channel and got a reply from Damned. But so far not much else. But again, it is the weekend.

ddavison
September 19th, 2021, 00:07
Our devs don’t work on the weekend, so this request will have to wait until Monday to get looked at. We should get back with you then.

Tailz Silver Paws
September 19th, 2021, 07:57
Our devs don’t work on the weekend, so this request will have to wait until Monday to get looked at. We should get back with you then.
No problem :)

Tailz Silver Paws
September 23rd, 2021, 00:57
*BUMP*

Any news on this?

I have tried uploading at different times of the day/night. I have tried using different web browsers, I have turned off my anti-virus, I have tried uploading via different networks, even tried from my iPad Pro via a mobile connection.

The same issue, I click the submit button after selecting the mod file. The little green bar moves quickly across and then a white circle with an X in it appears and when I mouse over it, a red box displays saying: Request timed out after 3000 seconds.

ddavison
September 23rd, 2021, 03:38
Can you try emailing us a Dropbox link to [email protected] for the file along with a link to the item you are trying to upload it for?

FyreM
September 23rd, 2021, 03:39
you said "ipad" so i have to ask..
did you try a broweser that wasn't Sefire ?

Tailz Silver Paws
September 23rd, 2021, 08:44
Can you try emailing us a Dropbox link to [email protected] for the file along with a link to the item you are trying to upload it for?

I shall do.

you said "ipad" so i have to ask..
did you try a broweser that wasn't Sefire ?
I used Google Chrome on the iPad Pro, drawing the file from DropBox.

Kelrugem
September 23rd, 2021, 09:22
It may be also worth it to try Firefox; I use firefox and never had any problems in that regard (but neither did I upload such big files) :) Other than that it is hopefully something SmiteWorks can fix :)

Sulimo
September 23rd, 2021, 16:43
I shall do.

I used Google Chrome on the iPad Pro, drawing the file from DropBox.

You might try a different device all together.

On iOS/iPadOS the browsers all use the same engine (Webkit) (https://adactio.medium.com/web-browsers-on-ios-b120a9a75cce) despite the differences in skins. So even if you use Chrome on iOS/iPadOS, you are still using Safari under the hood.

ddavison
September 23rd, 2021, 17:02
Thanks. We are able to reproduce it and I've forwarded it to a dev to investigate further.

smelton
September 23rd, 2021, 18:44
What is your upload speed?

Moon Wizard
September 23rd, 2021, 20:14
I was able to work with Doug to upload the files via Chrome on Windows in a couple seconds for each file; but I'm running on an AT&T Fiber connection.

As @smelton asked, what's your upload speed? Can you run a speed test from the machine where you are uploading?

Thanks,
JPG

Tailz Silver Paws
September 24th, 2021, 03:15
You might try a different device all together.

On iOS/iPadOS the browsers all use the same engine (Webkit) (https://adactio.medium.com/web-browsers-on-ios-b120a9a75cce) despite the differences in skins. So even if you use Chrome on iOS/iPadOS, you are still using Safari under the hood.
I tested on my PC first, I just tried it on my iPad to see if being on a different network (mobile) connection changed the situation.

Thanks. We are able to reproduce it and I've forwarded it to a dev to investigate further.
Thank you for jumping on this Doug, greatly appreciated.

I was able to work with Doug to upload the files via Chrome on Windows in a couple seconds for each file; but I'm running on an AT&T Fiber connection.

As @smelton asked, what's your upload speed? Can you run a speed test from the machine where you are uploading?

Thanks,
JPG
I just replied to Doug's email but I'll share it here as well. Using Googles speed test I got the following results:

24.9 Mbps download
4.33 Mbps upload
Latency: 29 ms
Server: Sydney

While using the same system Doug used, I produced the following results: Speedtest.net Results. (https://www.speedtest.net/result/12082906492)

smelton
September 24th, 2021, 14:52
Please run the test again to a server based in the US since that would provide a better idea of what your upload speed to the Forge server looks like. Also are you using a VPN?

Tailz Silver Paws
September 25th, 2021, 00:44
Please run the test again to a server based in the US since that would provide a better idea of what your upload speed to the Forge server looks like. Also are you using a VPN?
The upload speed even for a server in the US will remain about the same, the choke point is not the mainline international communication, but here locally. At least that is my assumption. But testing to a New York destination I get the same speeds, the only change is the obvious ping time.

I am not using a VPN.

We just have crappy internet here in the land of Oz.

ddavison
September 25th, 2021, 16:57
I have a suspect configuration issue with dropzone and a default configuration of 30 seconds for a time out. I believe the 30000 seconds error message is a typo within dropzone and it is actually 30 seconds. If your upload speed and the size of file takes longer than this, it creates the error you are seeing. The team is looking into that issue and will look at pushing a new update next week that we can retest with.

Tailz Silver Paws
September 29th, 2021, 03:10
I have a suspect configuration issue with dropzone and a default configuration of 30 seconds for a time out. I believe the 30000 seconds error message is a typo within dropzone and it is actually 30 seconds. If your upload speed and the size of file takes longer than this, it creates the error you are seeing. The team is looking into that issue and will look at pushing a new update next week that we can retest with.
I'm looking at ways I can get onto a faster internet connection, as my slow upload speed seems to be a good part of the problem.

ddavison
September 29th, 2021, 14:32
Can you try it again now to see if you still have the issue? We pushed a new build yesterday that I believe has the timeout value changed.

Tailz Silver Paws
October 1st, 2021, 00:26
Can you try it again now to see if you still have the issue? We pushed a new build yesterday that I believe has the timeout value changed.
It appears to be working, just uploaded a 20MB build, and a 25MB build. The little bar that displays the progress of the upload raced across and was not a true display of the upload.

I then turned off my anti-virus Kaspersky software and did another upload of a 41MB build and the progress bar acted correctly as a demonstration of the upload progress.

Whatever the Dev's have done, seems to have fixed the problem! Cheer! :D

Thank-you Doug!

ddavison
October 1st, 2021, 14:16
Happy to help. Thanks again for your patience with us.

Tailz Silver Paws
May 9th, 2022, 09:18
This problem appears to have returned, although it is happening on a module I am trying to upload that is 137MB in size.

Is there a maximum module size limit or is the upload exceeding the time limit?

I also get a red box with an error message, saying: Server responded with 400 code.

ddavison
May 9th, 2022, 14:46
Thanks. We will look into this. I suspect it is over the max file size limit.

ju95
May 9th, 2022, 17:50
This problem appears to have returned, although it is happening on a module I am trying to upload that is 137MB in size.

Is there a maximum module size limit or is the upload exceeding the time limit?

I also get a red box with an error message, saying: Server responded with 400 code.

I believe the current size limit is 100MB, I assume you were doing this through direct upload, which looks like it probably needs it's error messages updated.

Tailz Silver Paws
May 9th, 2022, 23:08
Thanks. We will look into this. I suspect it is over the max file size limit.
Oh... that could be a problem as I have some packs that are well over 100MB.

I believe the current size limit is 100MB, I assume you were doing this through direct upload, which looks like it probably needs it's error messages updated.
Just using the Forge module build upload page.

LordEntrails
May 9th, 2022, 23:56
This might be caused by several things including web server or browser upload timeouts. (I can't speak for the Forge's architecture).
Depending upon the cause, their may be things one can do on their browser to adjust/prevent these errors when they occur because of the browser timeout/keepalive.

I haven't had to deal with this in years, but these links might help someone who decides to look into this.
https://d2lhelp.view.usg.edu/s/article/KB0016215
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/browsers/connectivity-navigation/change-keep-alive-time-out
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/XMLHttpRequest/timeout

Tailz Silver Paws
June 4th, 2022, 04:05
This is a little bump on this topic, is there a max file size for uploads?
If there is, is it a hard limit or will it be lifted for larger modules?

Kelrugem
June 14th, 2022, 01:53
This is a little bump on this topic, is there a max file size for uploads?
If there is, is it a hard limit or will it be lifted for larger modules?

Based on some conversation on Discord: It seems to be a 100 mb limit