PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG - SkipTurn

Dire Weasel
August 19th, 2021, 00:07
SkipTurn is deprecated, as its functionality is now included in CoreRPG.

Add the effect SKIPTURN (case-insensitive) to any character (PC or NPC) to automatically skip that character’s turn when advancing the combat tracker.

Useful for NPCs that aren’t involved in the current encounter, but you want to continue to track their location, damage, or effects. Also handy for traps or other obstacles that you add to the combat tracker, but that don’t need dedicated turns.

Toggle the option “SkipTurn: Skip dead NPCs” to automatically skip dead or dying NPCs (disabled for D&D 2E, as this functionality is already included).

This extension should work with any CoreRPG based ruleset, except for Savage Worlds.

Weissrolf
August 19th, 2021, 01:05
Great, we often leave defeated enemies on the map to mark the space as difficult terrain. This should help me not having to skip them manually all the time. Thanks!

Would be neat if it could automatically skip dead NPCs.

Dire Weasel
August 19th, 2021, 02:43
Would be neat if it could automatically skip dead NPCs.

Agreed, although that's tricky given that it's a CoreRPG extension. Most rulesets have their own opinion about what "dead" means.

The extension handles it for D&D 2E, as that ruleset implemented this functionality in CombatManagerADND.nextActor().

Weissrolf
August 19th, 2021, 09:05
The Wounds Overlay extension uses CT status == "DEAD" for determining if a token is dead.

Weissrolf
August 19th, 2021, 15:04
It would be nice to have a combat tracker button, but I recognize that this could be problematic with different rulesets modifying the CT.

MeAndUnique
August 19th, 2021, 15:09
Great addition, its always great to see simple solutions to improve quality of life. Thanks for sharing :)

Dire Weasel
August 19th, 2021, 19:16
The Wounds Overlay extension uses CT status == "DEAD" for determining if a token is dead.

That might be reasonable, but for example PF2 adds STATUS_DESTROYED for constructs and undead.

I provided SkipTurn.shouldSkipActor(), so perhaps it might be best to hook that for different rulesets. Let me think about it.

Dire Weasel
August 19th, 2021, 19:19
It would be nice to have a combat tracker button, but I recognize that this could be problematic with different rulesets modifying the CT.

Agreed, but yeah, it would be tricky to handle all the different rulesets. I thought I'd see how it was received, and then iterate if needed.

Weissrolf
August 19th, 2021, 19:53
Good to know. I will try to add that to Wound Overlay right away. Thanks for the information. :)

MrDDT
August 23rd, 2021, 23:06
Love this EXT, simple yet super effective.

MrDDT
August 30th, 2021, 17:55
I noticed a change in this ext, what was updated?

Dire Weasel
August 30th, 2021, 17:57
I noticed a change in this ext, what was updated?

A minor change to correctly call shouldSkipActor() through SkipTurn, so that it can be hooked.

MrDDT
August 30th, 2021, 17:58
Cool cool, Thanks for the putting this out there.

Dire Weasel
September 1st, 2021, 00:45
Another quick fix for case-sensitive file systems.

Dire Weasel
September 11th, 2021, 00:52
Added support for automatically skipping dead NPCs.

Toggle the option “SkipTurn: Skip dead NPCs” to automatically skip dead or dying NPCs (disabled for D&D 2E, as this functionality is already included).

Weissrolf
September 11th, 2021, 01:08
Great stuff! :)

ItsCliffGaming
November 8th, 2021, 07:16
I see the callout for not working in Savage Worlds - any reason in particular so many Core Extensions don't work in SW/ADE?

Kelrugem
November 8th, 2021, 10:55
I see the callout for not working in Savage Worlds - any reason in particular so many Core Extensions don't work in SW/ADE?

Savage Worlds changes a lot of the basic code (CoreRPG) such that incompatibilities usually occur :)

ItsCliffGaming
November 8th, 2021, 16:13
Add the effect SKIPTURN (case-insensitive) to any character (PC or NPC) to automatically skip that character’s turn when advancing the combat tracker.

Useful for NPCs that aren’t involved in the current encounter, but you want to continue to track their location, damage, or effects. Also handy for traps or other obstacles that you add to the combat tracker, but that don’t need dedicated turns.

This extension should work with any CoreRPG based ruleset, except for Savage Worlds.

Get it from the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/186/view).

Is adding this functionality to Savage Worlds in the plans, or is it too much work to be worth it, for that rule set?

Dire Weasel
November 8th, 2021, 17:10
Is adding this functionality to Savage Worlds in the plans, or is it too much work to be worth it, for that rule set?

I'd love to support it, as Savage Worlds is one of my preferred systems.

Unfortunately, I don't believe I can replace nextActor() in ct_grouplist.

ItsCliffGaming
November 8th, 2021, 17:48
Thanks for the info. It’s so unfortunate that SW has so many complications. It’s my preferred system, as well.

mattekure
February 12th, 2022, 02:52
Looks like this functionality is being baked into the core ruleset in the next big update.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72554-Beta-Release-2022-02-Ruleset-Updates&p=639596&viewfull=1#post639596

Dire Weasel
February 12th, 2022, 03:12
Yeah, looks great!

Dire Weasel
February 22nd, 2022, 01:42
Uploaded a new version to handle the coming CoreRPG changes.

If CombatManager.isActorToSkipTurn function is present, it skips loading and emits a deprecation warning.

MrDDT
February 22nd, 2022, 01:44
We we even need this ext with the upcoming change?

bmos
February 22nd, 2022, 01:50
ignore

Dire Weasel
February 22nd, 2022, 01:55
We we even need this ext with the upcoming change?

Nope, it will be deprecated.
I just wanted to ensure that users who don't check the forums regularly will be informed, and they won't have a broken experience.

Dire Weasel
March 3rd, 2022, 22:22
SkipTurn is deprecated, as its functionality is now included in CoreRPG.