PDA

View Full Version : Modifying encounters from adventure module

thendrich
August 18th, 2021, 22:33
Hi, I'm still a relatively new FGU game master.

I’ve got a quick question.

In Classic D&D I purchased Night Below.

I’d like to modify the encounters the characters face as the party includes characters starting levels 2-3 instead of starting level 1.

If I modify the encounters, will that modify the source files for my account, or just my instance in the specific Fantasy Grounds campaign I’m using Night Below in?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom

Fear Grounds
August 18th, 2021, 22:39
Hey thendrich,

Modifying the encounters in the module, only changes the copy in that particular game.

It will not change the base data in the module.

thendrich
August 18th, 2021, 22:40
Thanks. I figured that was the case. Appreciate your reply.

Tom

LordEntrails
August 18th, 2021, 23:31
AS you modify module content, you may notice that the entries in the various lists (Stories, Encounters, etc) get a feather/pen/quill icon next to them. This indicates they have been changed (in the active campaign only). You can get rid of these changes by right mouse selecting Revert Changes, either on a single record, or doing them all for the entire module by choosing to do that on the module from the Library window.

Just make sure you do not lose your changes accidentally by choosing to do that command.

thendrich
August 19th, 2021, 05:19
AS you modify module content, you may notice that the entries in the various lists (Stories, Encounters, etc) get a feather/pen/quill icon next to them. This indicates they have been changed (in the active campaign only). You can get rid of these changes by right mouse selecting Revert Changes, either on a single record, or doing them all for the entire module by choosing to do that on the module from the Library window.

Just make sure you do not lose your changes accidentally by choosing to do that command.

Wow, @LordEntralls. I would never have thought this possible. Thanks for highlighting this behavior. Will make a difference. Best, Tom