PDA

View Full Version : Map Layering

Mansquatch62
August 18th, 2021, 14:51
I'm designing a new campaign map and want to be able to show political boundary overlays, and whatever else that I can make visible or not as the situation warrants.
Is it possible to load multiple versions of a particular map into the same shareable map that are aligned in sheets, one above the other?

Tabarkus
August 18th, 2021, 15:02
Yes, and you can make individual layers visible and invisible to players as you need. And the layers can have a variable degree of transparency.

Mansquatch62
August 18th, 2021, 15:03
It just occurred to me.
Could I render the map overlays as Images? Then import them into the map as Images/Tokens that I size to fit the entire map?
That begs the question. If I want to render an image to be semi-transparent on the map, how do I do that?

LordEntrails
August 18th, 2021, 16:29
Not tokens, just images. Just create what you want each layer to be in your image program, then import them inot your campaign at the same size and just stack them in your image. Each one will automatically be it's own layer.

Or, you could just just import a "bare" image of the map without borders etc, and then use the paint tools in FGU to add the political boundaries. You can make multiple paint layers and rename them as desired. No spline drawing tools so your lines will all be freehand, but can do what you want. One thing though is labels, FGU has no good labelling (text) means yet. Best you can do in this regard is place pins to story entries for each location (which might be better than a text label, depending upon your opinion).