PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder for Savage Worlds: Feedback/Questions/Updates

Pages : [1] 2

Doswelk
August 18th, 2021, 14:15
To the annoyance of some people (it seems*), Pathfinder for Savage Worlds has been released, please ask questions / log errors / anything else here.

* - Some kickstarters are annoyed they did not get it first, but seeing as it had to be on the FG store for it to be available I am unsure how they could, please not I am not involved in any way with the release or Smiteworks / PEGINC directly, I'm just the guy (with) Ikael that created the Ruleset.

Trenloe
August 18th, 2021, 14:25
Fantastic work Doswelk and Ikael!

amerigoV
August 18th, 2021, 16:12
FYI I am an uncranky KS backer and am really looking forward to this one!

fubeca150
August 18th, 2021, 17:53
I am also uncranky. I've been through enough FG releases to know that once it's in QA it's a surprise even to you guys for when it actually ends up showing up on the store. :)

Springroll
August 18th, 2021, 20:29
Is there a particular reason that SWADE Pathfinder loads in as a separate Rule Set? Will it be possible to read in other FG/FGU Modules?

Trenloe
August 18th, 2021, 21:01
Is there a particular reason that SWADE Pathfinder loads in as a separate Rule Set? Will it be possible to read in other FG/FGU Modules?
I've moved this post to the sticky "Pathfinder for Savage Worlds: Feedback/Questions/Updates" thread.

Doswelk
August 18th, 2021, 23:56

Yes

That is what Pinnacle wanted, it is a different rule book, it is not a SWADE setting.

Yes

Ikael made an extension.

Springroll
August 19th, 2021, 05:37
Yes

That is what Pinnacle wanted, it is a different rule book, it is not a SWADE setting.

Yes

Ikael made an extension.

Excellent, thank you :), and also, great work with the module!

Dr0W
August 19th, 2021, 06:59
Now, how do I make the Adventure Cards work with SWPF? :D

Doswelk
August 19th, 2021, 12:25
Only way currently would be to hack it.

Springroll
August 19th, 2021, 14:17
But now for the BIG questions ;)

* When will we get the Bestiary?
* When will we get the Runelords Campaign?
* When will we get the Companion?
* When will we get the #insert module here#?

Come on Kevin, give it to us NOW! :p

Doswelk
August 19th, 2021, 14:27

It's in QA

Book 1 in QA
Book 2 - bug fixing
Book 3 "complete"
Book 4 at chapter 3
Book 5 ?
Book 6 ?

Not started yet

Hollow's Last Hope - in QA
Guide to Varista - in QA

Springroll
August 19th, 2021, 14:33
It's in QA

Book 1 in QA
Book 2 - bug fixing
Book 3 "complete"
Book 4 at chapter 3
Book 5 ?
Book 6 ?

Not started yet

Hollow's Last Hope - in QA
Guide to Varista - in QA

Excellent! So excited for this! Even if I went all in on the Kickstarter...

fubeca150
August 19th, 2021, 17:38

Book 1 in QA

A big question for Runelords since it's an entirely new type of product for SWADE. Will there be pins in the map images that link to the reference material and/or encounters similar to what is found in D&D5e and Pathfinder modules? This is a very helpful feature of these products.

I've been running RotRL in my own SWPF (waiting for the official one) using the PF version of RotRL anniversary. The RotRL stuff can be unlocked and I can replace the text. Normally I wouldn't care (and for SWADE I'd actually want it locked since you guys actually update product and me making changes would thwart that). But in this case what I've been doing is using all their maps w/ pins, replacing the PF text with the SWPF text from my PDF, creating new encounters and parcels and including those in the same reference pin. It's a huge help when I'm running a game from my laptop and only have one screen. (And having the encounters and parcels already existing like in D&D5e and PF modules is also a huge help.)

I ask because my feedback is that I had hoped to see similar stuff in the new Deadlands Weird West adventure modules, but I have had to add the pins, parcels, npc tokens, and encounters myself.

It would be a huge plus to even only have the NPC images pre-set on the NPC records for the ones already in the module.

I appreciate that it's a lot of work to put together these modules (I've created my own version of SWADE RotRL1 and half of the Kingmaker AP), but when I have to copy or unlock every record to add the images that are already included, create parcels for the treasure that's listed on the NPCs or room description, and create the encounters -- well, that's pretty much the part that takes time creating the FG module in the first place when I already have the PDF.

Doswelk
August 19th, 2021, 18:34
A big question for Runelords since it's an entirely new type of product for SWADE. Will there be pins in the map images that link to the reference material and/or encounters similar to what is found in D&D5e and Pathfinder modules? This is a very helpful feature of these products.

I've been running RotRL in my own SWPF (waiting for the official one) using the PF version of RotRL anniversary. The RotRL stuff can be unlocked and I can replace the text. Normally I wouldn't care (and for SWADE I'd actually want it locked since you guys actually update product and me making changes would thwart that). But in this case what I've been doing is using all their maps w/ pins, replacing the PF text with the SWPF text from my PDF, creating new encounters and parcels and including those in the same reference pin. It's a huge help when I'm running a game from my laptop and only have one screen. (And having the encounters and parcels already existing like in D&D5e and PF modules is also a huge help.)

I ask because my feedback is that I had hoped to see similar stuff in the new Deadlands Weird West adventure modules, but I have had to add the pins, parcels, npc tokens, and encounters myself.

It would be a huge plus to even only have the NPC images pre-set on the NPC records for the ones already in the module.

I appreciate that it's a lot of work to put together these modules (I've created my own version of SWADE RotRL1 and half of the Kingmaker AP), but when I have to copy or unlock every record to add the images that are already included, create parcels for the treasure that's listed on the NPCs or room description, and create the encounters -- well, that's pretty much the part that takes time creating the FG module in the first place when I already have the PDF.

If you were watching my Rise of the Runelords play-test streams you would know the answer to that :P

YES

That is why they are taking so long... e.g.

Encounter with 5 goblins, 1 goblin warchanter and 1 goblin commando

1) The GM map will have a pin for the encounter - story entry
2) The player map will have a pin for the encounter - story entry
3) The story entry will have the text and a linked to the encounter (npcs locations on map)
4) The warchanter and the goblin commando (will most likely have links on their NPC sheets to a gear parcel for their gear)
5) The story entry will have a Treasure parcel for any treasure.

Now repeat for every other encounter in the book

The only exception to the above is when an encounter has for example 4+(1 per PC) enemies, in that case there are TWO encounters one for the 4 NPCs on the map and a second random encounter to generate the extra NPCs that you will need to place on the map.

Basically this is a Pathfinder module with Savage Worlds NPCs and rules.

fubeca150
August 19th, 2021, 18:50
If you were watching my Rise of the Runelords play-test streams you would know the answer to that :P

Consider me suitably chastened. I have a difficult time watching video and almost never even watch movies or TV shows because of it. To be honest, I have watched more of your streams (just not the recent PF ones) than movies or TV in the last year, or any other streams aside from Reaper painting streams... so there's that. :) I will have to go and watch your RotRL streams.

Thank you for your hard work. I will do my small part by buying it all as it is released. As I mentioned, I am very aware of the effort involved in the encounters, pins, and parcels, and that is the biggest thing that makes it worth purchasing (again). Not that I wouldn't be buying it *anyway* if it didn't have it because I'm a compulsive purchaser when it comes to RotRL, but I'm very happy to hear that it will have it.

Ikael
August 19th, 2021, 20:31
Now, how do I make the Adventure Cards work with SWPF? :D

SWPF support was added to Adventure Deck today and will be available soonish in live. However it uses SWADE adventure cards, since I do not have SWPF adventure deck if there is even one.

Ikael
August 19th, 2021, 20:36

See here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/108/view

Rojek
August 19th, 2021, 22:57
Is the Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Quick Chase Deck functionality included in this, or available as a purchasable add-on? Forgive me if the information is posted somewhere, I was unable to find it.

Doswelk
August 19th, 2021, 23:26
No it is not included and No it not a purchasable add on at this time.

Rojek
August 20th, 2021, 00:00
Thanks for the prompt reply. Hopefully, it shows up in the future.

OwlLover
August 20th, 2021, 00:05
Was a backer on Pledgemanager and also purchased the FG add on, but can't find the rule set to access it. Please help.

Note: I purchase FG through the FG website not Steam

goodmanje
August 20th, 2021, 03:22
I'm creating a druid and I'm confused with the powers tab. How do I add Arcane Background (Druid) to the Powers tab?

Doswelk
August 20th, 2021, 07:58
I'm creating a druid and I'm confused with the powers tab. How do I add Arcane Background (Druid) to the Powers tab?

Click on the Arcane Background button on the Powers Window, drag the arcane background to the sheet

Trenloe
August 20th, 2021, 09:49
Was a backer on Pledgemanager and also purchased the FG add on, but can't find the rule set to access it. Please help.

Note: I purchase FG through the FG website not Steam
Welcome to the FG forums.

As noted in post #1, the product needs to be in the store first before codes/redemptions can be issued.

Keep an eye on the Kickstarter comments: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/pathfinder-for-savage-worlds/comments

malc
August 20th, 2021, 10:38
Hi,

First off, I'd like to thank @Savage_Doswelk and @Ikael for awesome work on the SWPF ruleset and modules. So far, I am very much liking what I see. So please don't take any of the following as criticism, just things I noticed while covering a campaign from my home-brew hack module to the official ruleset and modules:

When you create a campaign, the "Conviction" and "Damage Cap" setting rules are off by default. But they're standard in SWPF.
A couple of the Item records have the name misspelt: "Ring of Protecion" and "Travelrs Outfit" were the ones I noticed; makes searching harder
The item groups for Armor look very strange when you use the groups dropdown in the item view. "Medium" is a bit confusing, maybe rename it to "Medium Armor"
Sleep arrows appear to have a category all to themselves, and again "Magic" isn't very informative. Maybe "Magic Ranged Weapon Ammunition"?
At least one item has the weight wrong: "Fishhook" has a listed weight of 3, should be 0
All the tables for random available magic items are of the form "Magic Items: Available X" except for "Available Rings"
Shouldn't the "Accurate" weapon enchantment have a description of "[>Attack +1]"?
More generally, shouldn't all the weapon enchantments have a ">" in the effects string, so that they only apply when using that particular weapon?

Finally, a feature request:

It would be really helpful if there were default item entries for potions, scrolls and wands - at least the ones mentioned in the tables of available items. I'll even volunteer to create those lists for you (although I'd need to learn the SWEL markdown to do it, I'd assume).

Hope that list is useful! Saturday is the next session of the campaign, and we'll be using the official ruleset, so I'll add another post then (if needed) for any problems we encounter when actually playing the game.
--
Malc

goodmanje
August 20th, 2021, 12:41
Click on the Arcane Background button on the Powers Window, drag the arcane background to the sheet

Thanks, worked like a charm. Another question... Is there a way to change the attribute that is linked to a skill? For example, with druids the Survival skill is linked to Spirit instead of Smarts.

Doswelk
August 20th, 2021, 12:42
When you create a campaign, the "Conviction" and "Damage Cap" setting rules are off by default. But they're standard in SWPF.

Checking if that can be done, I didn't do the coding just the module :)

A couple of the Item records have the name misspelt: "Ring of Protecion" and "Travelrs Outfit" were the ones I noticed; makes searching harder

My spellcheck-fu is bad :s

The item groups for Armor look very strange when you use the groups dropdown in the item view. "Medium" is a bit confusing, maybe rename it to "Medium Armor"

They are named as they are in the book, I see what you mean but I think we use those names for armour interference so changing them may break stuff.

Sleep arrows appear to have a category all to themselves, and again "Magic" isn't very informative. Maybe "Magic Ranged Weapon Ammunition"?

They should have been Magic Ammo, the catname was set but not the group - fixed.

At least one item has the weight wrong: "Fishhook" has a listed weight of 3, should be 0

At least the holy water isn't still 10k as it was in one printing, I'll fix it.

All the tables for random available magic items are of the form "Magic Items: Available X" except for "Available Rings"

Actually that change has broken other items table from auto-rolling will have to take another look at those tables names :(

Shouldn't the "Accurate" weapon enchantment have a description of "[>Attack +1]"?

YES! Wish I thought of that.

More generally, shouldn't all the weapon enchantments have a ">" in the effects string, so that they only apply when using that particular weapon?

Yes, I must have missed them.

Finally, a feature request:

It would be really helpful if there were default item entries for potions, scrolls and wands - at least the ones mentioned in the tables of available items. I'll even volunteer to create those lists for you (although I'd need to learn the SWEL markdown to do it, I'd assume).

feel free to send me a campaign db.xml with them in and I can drag and drop to create the SWEL, it was on my to-do list but must have fallen off.

Doswelk
August 20th, 2021, 12:45
Thanks, worked like a charm. Another question... Is there a way to change the attribute that is linked to a skill? For example, with druids the Survival skill is linked to Spirit instead of Smarts.

The only way to do it is to create a new skill called Survival and link it to Spirit, then you have to decide how to tell the difference between the two skills.

What effect does it have being the wrong skill? - I need to ask these things to get excuses to Ikael to write code to change things :D

Ikael
August 20th, 2021, 16:12
For your information,

New in SWPF 1.0.1
[Updated] Conviction and Damage Cap setting rules are enabled by default

Jiminimonka
August 20th, 2021, 18:06

Are the current SWADE modules not using Pins on maps for story entries (which then have links to encounters and parcels etc.)‽?????

Doswelk
August 20th, 2021, 18:34
Are the current SWADE modules not using Pins on maps for story entries (which then have links to encounters and parcels etc.)‽?????

Parcels are not usually needed, in fact until SWADE was re-written to run on top of CORE a while back, there were no parcels at all!

Historically SWADE adventures consist of an encounter of type x+(y*PCs) with no maps.

amerigoV
August 20th, 2021, 19:23
Parcels are not usually needed, in fact until SWADE was re-written to run on top of CORE a while back, there were no parcels at all!

But this is D&Dish/Pathfinderish genre. Phat Loot and all.

I use Parcels where it makes sense and it does make splitting up coin, potions, and such much smoother.

Historically SWADE adventures consist of an encounter of type x+(y*PCs) with no maps.

I know you can kinda do this through tables using [$PC] (IIRC). I would be nice if you could set up Encounters that way in FGU.

nclayton
August 20th, 2021, 21:36
So far as I'm setting my player's characters back up I've noticed a few things but some have already been mentioned.
One that I haven't seen mentioned yet is: When you add the Mystic (Monk) Edge, it doesn't add it to the character's Arcane Backgrounds list in the Powers tab.
Minor but noticed.

Jiminimonka
August 20th, 2021, 23:48
I know you can kinda do this through tables using [$PC] (IIRC). I would be nice if you could set up Encounters that way in FGU.

Random Encounters might be the way to go, although I don't think you can generate a number based on the number of PCs.

However, what I have done is just make a note below the encounter link and remind the GM to edit the number of enemies to match the "x+(y*PCs)" formula.

Ikael
August 21st, 2021, 09:18
Random Encounters might be the way to go, although I don't think you can generate a number based on the number of PCs.

However, what I have done is just make a note below the encounter link and remind the GM to edit the number of enemies to match the "x+(y*PCs)" formula.

In Random Encounters, you can type expression like $PC*2+1 which is translated into double the PCs in party sheet + 1

Jiminimonka
August 21st, 2021, 11:20
In Random Encounters, you can type expression like $PC*2+1 which is translated into double the PCs in party sheet + 1

Problem solved - just use Random Encounters for all SWADE encounters and it will populate correctly!

Only downside to that is the tokens can't be automatically placed on the map in pre-made adventures, but it's not like that takes long (and remember GMs put them on the map before adding the Encounter to the Combat Tracker because sometimes the players see tokens appearing)

Doswelk
August 21st, 2021, 12:49
Like I said: there are TWO encounters one for the set numbers of NPCs on the map and a second random encounter to generate the extra NPCs that you will need to place on the map.

Skellan
August 22nd, 2021, 13:15
I found a really petty typo in the derived stats part of the making characters section

Sorry

Jiminimonka
August 22nd, 2021, 13:30
I found a really petty typo in the derived stats part of the making characters section

Sorry

Lol. Yeah that's what happens when you paste from PDFs with hyphenation....

Skellan
August 22nd, 2021, 13:37
Also on the entry for Elves ancestry, the description of Agile is missing I think

malc
August 22nd, 2021, 18:39
Ran my first session with the SWPF ruleset and core modules yesterday, and I have to say that it all went pretty smoothly. For the most part, everything just worked the way people expected it to. I did notice a few minor problems though, so in a spirit of "Making it Better" I thought I'd share them here:

The magic items are in the Player book, but not identified, so the players see a list of "Magical Belt", for example. I'd say they should either be identified, or moved to the GM book?
The detect/conceal arcana power is missing the "Identify" modifier
Brawler doesn't stack with Monk's Unarmed strike. Not sure how hard this would be to automate though.
The environmental protection power is missing the very first letter of the text - the "A" in "Adventurers"
The illumination effects are probably inherited from CoreRPG - they don't seem to match the descriptions of light sources

Have to say though, if that's all I found in a 4-hour session with a brand-new ruleset and a converted campaign, that's a win!

Cheers,
--
Malc

Doswelk
August 23rd, 2021, 08:25

Sorry

Thank you keep up the good work :)

nandoalves
August 26th, 2021, 14:46
Nice work on this ruleset!

One suggestion would be to turn Iconic Paths into character archetypes or even NPCs.

I can't grab and drop Class Arcane Background on the Powers tab.

Thanks.

roguebyte
August 27th, 2021, 04:47
I'm new to running a campaign through Fantasy Grounds, so bear with me if there is something easy or is obvious, but when I'm trying to load the Pathfinder for Savage Worlds campaign I am getting the following error in the console:

[8/26/2021 10:45:20 PM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[Server Type - CLOUD - PUBLIC]
[8/26/2021 10:45:20 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[8/26/2021 10:45:20 PM] [ERROR] Unknown ruleset name (SavageWorlds)
[8/26/2021 10:45:20 PM] [ERROR] Unable to load child ruleset (SWPF) (SavageWorlds)
[8/26/2021 10:45:20 PM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 0.0010003 - SWPF
[8/26/2021 10:45:20 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 0.029027
[8/26/2021 10:45:20 PM] Destroying match
[8/26/2021 10:45:21 PM] Tabletop scene exiting.
[8/26/2021 10:45:21 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[8/26/2021 10:45:21 PM] [ERROR] Game server connection was lost. Please return to launcher, and start game again.

Jiminimonka
August 27th, 2021, 08:37
I'm new to running a campaign through Fantasy Grounds, so bear with me if there is something easy or is obvious, but when I'm trying to load the Pathfinder for Savage Worlds campaign I am getting the following error in the console:

[8/26/2021 10:45:20 PM] [ERROR] Unable to load child ruleset (SWPF) (SavageWorlds)
[8/26/2021 10:45:21 PM] [ERROR] Game server connection was lost. Please return to launcher, and start game again.

Firewall is probably the issue. Check the connection issues thread in the FGU House of Healing section.

Swifty0x0
August 27th, 2021, 14:21
Here's some issue information I've encountered with PFSW, and would like to get comments from the people that (tirelessly) work on this and Fantasy Grounds. I've received my key code for the product as a pledge backer. The good news it installed in Fantasy Grounds Unity (I have a license for both FGUnity and FGClassic).

When I tried to update FGC with the PFSW product it did not work. No Pathfinder for Savage Worlds ruleset was added and no PFSW download/update. The advertisement for PFSW says it's compatible with both FGU and FGC. However, when I look at the FGC purchase page it has this warning at the top...

Warning
Beginning on June 24, 2021, Fantasy Grounds Classic will no longer receive any product updates or DLC releases. Please consider upgrading to Fantasy Grounds Unity.

Since support for FGC ended 2 months before PFSW was released (and all the subsequent PFSW products in process), does that mean you can never have PFSW on FGC (nor ever get updates for it)?

Doswelk
August 27th, 2021, 14:36
SWPF is not compatible with FGC

Doswelk
August 27th, 2021, 14:38

Do you own the SWADE ruleset?

The reason I ask is SWPF is built on top of that, (you should not need it) but it might be the way Smiteworks have packaged it and they need to fix it.

ProfDogg
August 27th, 2021, 14:39
I posted elsewhere so apologies for a double question. I wasn't certain where this one needed to go. I thought this ruleset was actually just going to be a mod for SWADE. All of my other resources are listed under the other rule set. Is there any way to consolidate all of these mods so I don't have to do a significant amount of copying and pasting back and forth? Essentially either convert the ruleset over to a SWADE mod or make it so that SWADE mods can be loaded into this ruleset?

Doswelk
August 27th, 2021, 14:43
I posted elsewhere so apologies for a double question. I wasn't certain where this one needed to go. I thought this ruleset was actually just going to be a mod for SWADE. All of my other resources are listed under the other rule set. Is there any way to consolidate all of these mods so I don't have to do a significant amount of copying and pasting back and forth? Essentially either convert the ruleset over to a SWADE mod or make it so that SWADE mods can be loaded into this ruleset?

IT was a license requirement that it was a separate ruleset.

But we were allowed to make a work around just could not be part of the package.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/108/view

Be warned SWPF is not SWADE, things are slightly different, I do not know (yet) what might break, but they are close enough that everything should almost work :D

roguebyte
August 27th, 2021, 14:45
Do you own the SWADE ruleset?

The reason I ask is SWPF is built on top of that, (you should not need it) but it might be the way Smiteworks have packaged it and they need to fix it.

I do not and it was also my impression this was supposed to be its own rule set, not requiring SWADE. At least that is how the print/PDF copy are sold.

Has anyone else loaded this without owning SWADE ruleset?

Doswelk
August 27th, 2021, 14:54
I do not and it was also my impression this was supposed to be its own rule set, not requiring SWADE. At least that is how the print/PDF copy are sold.

It's complicated :s

SWPF is it's own ruleset because of a config file that says it is, it still needs SWADE to actually work.

This is how SWD works, which is why when you bought SWD you got a copy of the SWADE ruleset but none of the modules.

So Smiteworks need to tweak things in the package, I'll let them know - it is interesting no-one noticed up to now - sorry about that.

How the layering goes from top to bottom:

SWPF
SWADE
CORE

ProfDogg
August 27th, 2021, 14:55

But we were allowed to make a work around just could not be part of the package.

Be warned SWPF is not SWADE, things are slightly different, I do not know (yet) what might break, but they are close enough that everything should almost work :D

That's fair enough. I'm not sure why licensing had to do that considering that the ruleset that is very open-ended in saying that you can use any other Savage Worlds product with it. But that's just some attorney's idiocy when they wrote the agreement. I'll play around with the extension and give you feedback as I need to. But thank you. I appreciate consideration for the work around greatly...

ProfDogg
August 27th, 2021, 14:57
So Smiteworks need to tweak things in the package, I'll let them know - it is interesting no-one noticed up to now - sorry about that.

Those of us who kick-started it just got our keys today.

ddavison
August 27th, 2021, 15:08
Can those of you without SWADE please try running an Update and let us know if the issue is now fixed for you. The product should be able to operate as a stand-alone without any additional purchases.

Doswelk
August 27th, 2021, 15:14

Sorry you have this issue, but you ARE the first to discover it (it seems all the testers had a copy of SWADE), Smiteworks are going to resolve this ASAP.

Doswelk
August 27th, 2021, 15:15
That's fair enough. I'm not sure why licensing had to do that considering that the ruleset that is very open-ended in saying that you can use any other Savage Worlds product with it. But that's just some attorney's idiocy when they wrote the agreement. I'll play around with the extension and give you feedback as I need to. But thank you. I appreciate consideration for the work around greatly...

It's more about the fact that when you buy the SWPF rulebook it is all you need to play the game and thus the FGU ruleset should be the same :D

ProfDogg
August 27th, 2021, 17:49

Doswelk, thank you... Finally playing around with it now... This is what I needed... Much, much obliged...

roguebyte
August 27th, 2021, 17:58
Can those of you without SWADE please try running an Update and let us know if the issue is now fixed for you. The product should be able to operate as a stand-alone without any additional purchases.

Yup, it works now!

Thanks for the quick response on this.

ProfDogg
August 28th, 2021, 00:13
The Dog/Wolf and Cat entries in the Bestiary (within the Reference Manual) are missing their links. The NPCs are in the NPC entries though, just not linked within the Reference Manual.

ProfDogg
August 28th, 2021, 00:18

Heads up to subscribers on this: don't open the SWADE GM book (and I assume the SWADE Player book although I didn't try it myself) and the corresponding Pathfinder version. It creates some weird duplicate of the PF book. The key to fixing it is to unload all the books and then you can just reopen the PF books. So far, no other issues I can tell with any other resources (decks, modules, etc)...

Doswelk
August 28th, 2021, 07:43
The Dog/Wolf and Cat entries in the Bestiary (within the Reference Manual) are missing their links. The NPCs are in the NPC entries though, just not linked within the Reference Manual.

Fixed

fubeca150
August 28th, 2021, 15:52
Running last night I discovered that the damage for heavy repeating crossbow was set at 2d6 instead of 2d8.

MikeRiddle
August 28th, 2021, 21:42
Dispel is listed as a Seasoned Power in the Powers list, but as a Novice power in the book.

Rojek
August 29th, 2021, 01:30
"lantern, bullseye" is misspelled as "lamtern, bullseye" in the item list.

nclayton
August 29th, 2021, 16:52
Mystic Powers (Monk) is using the old Activation system, stating that it only cost a single additional Power Point instead of 2.

goodmanje
August 29th, 2021, 18:54
Let the rune lords rise!!!!

dogfisc
August 30th, 2021, 23:08
I didn't see this posted yet, so I'll add it here:
Adding the Monk edge adds Martial Discipline as an ability, but does not increase Toughness by 1 (I know it's only when not wearing armor, but it seems safe to make that change for a monk by default).

Doswelk
August 31st, 2021, 08:20
I didn't see this posted yet, so I'll add it here:
Adding the Monk edge adds Martial Discipline as an ability, but does not increase Toughness by 1 (I know it's only when not wearing armor, but it seems safe to make that change for a monk by default).
It's conditional therefore not added by default.

NPCs have it built into their profile, PCs WILL remember when GM attacks them! :D

Springroll
September 1st, 2021, 06:13
Is there a design reason as to why we no longer get story entries of the adventures? There's no story entries in "Hollow's Last Hope" nor in "Rise of the Runelords".
EDIT: The same is the case for Deadlands so I thought it might be a design decision...

goodmanje
September 1st, 2021, 07:07
Yeah, you have to keep the reference manual opened the entire time. I prefer everything be in story entries myself. That way I can easily edit things. Like I have a bunch of ROTRL maps made by David Hemingway. I’d like to add a link to those maps for each encounter but can’t do that with the reference manual…..

I am happy there are encounters setup for everything.

Doswelk
September 1st, 2021, 09:36
Basically because it means every module takes twice as long to do as you have duplicate everything. I followed the lead from Ikael (Crytsal hearts for example) and also how I run modules when I use them.

Every map location is a story entry, linked on the maps and the reference manual.

Every encounter is provided, every NPC, gear parcels and treasure parcels are all included.

The module should not be marked read only so all encounters/map locations/NPCs/parcels/LOS data can be edited as needed.

Basically trying to find a balance between usability and not slowing down even further the production of the Rune lords modules.

Springroll
September 1st, 2021, 09:44
Basically because it means every module takes twice as long to do as you have duplicate everything. I followed the lead from Ikael (Crytsal hearts for example) and also how I run modules when I use them.

Every map location is a story entry, linked on the maps and the reference manual.

Every encounter is provided, every NPC, gear parcels and treasure parcels are all included.

The module should not be marked read only so all encounters/map locations/NPCs/parcels/LOS data can be edited as needed.

Basically trying to find a balance between usability and not slowing down even further the production of the Rune lords modules.

Thank you for the answer Kevin, I'm fine with it as is, I just wanted to know the reasoning behind it as I've been spoiled using the story entries and changing stuff directly in these, it's not a big deal copying this data from the Reference Manual so I'll do this if needed. Thanks! :)

Doswelk
September 1st, 2021, 09:47
Also when people find typographical errors I have to check in twice as many places as well, then you add in some of the older modules that are SWADE/SWD then I am sometimes looking in four locations!

Not expecting any sympathy but I have too many modules these days I need to search and fix when people find "Bugs"

But do not stop keep up the good work.

I am currently waiting on the official benny graphics for the ruleset, will be adding them in soon.

Playtesting of RORTL1 is on-going you can see the stream and I am finding numerous tweaks that am I adding to the module.

Archetypes 1 is in QA (I think this will be bundled in with Core Rules for Kickstarters but do not quote me on that)

ROTRL 2 I have sent to QA

ROTL 3 is "finished" but not ready for QA yet.

ROTL 4 - I am on page 46 (of 78)

ROTL 5 - Not started

ROTL 6 - Not started

Archetypes 2 - started (wanted some of them for another game), but paused to get Archetypes 1 out the door.

Companion - Not started

goodmanje
September 1st, 2021, 10:36
Understood. The reference manuals look great and I'll get used to not using the story entries.

I think I'm getting old and I just fuss when things change. Lol

Thanks for your efforts Doswelk!

Swifty0x0
September 3rd, 2021, 02:40
Stumbled across an error in the items -
Flail is tagged with "Two Hands", but heavy flail is not. In the SWPF PDF it's heavy flail that requires two hands.

Griffy
September 3rd, 2021, 23:48
Really good work and so much of it! I wish you could clone yourself, since I keep hoping you will make it back to updating Rippers. :)

Is there a possibility of you sneaking a higher res world map out of paizo/pinnacle? It get pretty pixelated when even zoomed in not all that far.

Thanks!

Doswelk
September 4th, 2021, 07:05
Really good work and so much of it! I wish you could clone yourself, since I keep hoping you will make it back to updating Rippers. :)

Is there a possibility of you sneaking a higher res world map out of paizo/pinnacle? It get pretty pixelated when even zoomed in not all that far.

Thanks!

Yes - I have replaced the map with a half-size version of the poster map in the Core Rules Module.

I have created a new module that has the full-size version (15MB) of the World map for those that want even more detail.

Springroll
September 4th, 2021, 15:43
Yes - I have replaced the map with a half-size version of the poster map in the Core Rules Module.

I have created a new module that has the full-size version (15MB) of the World map for those that want even more detail.

Splendid! How do I access this module? :)

Doswelk
September 4th, 2021, 22:46
Wait until the next Tuesday update.

TomtheBu
September 8th, 2021, 14:04
Hi Doswelk, hi Ikael,

after yesterday's update (World Map Module and new Benny graphics features) of the PFSW module, the option to revert changes doesn't work as intended. The option shows up in the library as usual, but clicking it has no effect as no changes are visible, except for the revert changes option to disappear. After reloading the module (unload and then load again), the revert changes option is still available for the module! I also deleted the file from the vault and updated it again but for the same result as before. Updates of other modules like PHB for 5e worked fine, indeed.

I tried to update on two different machines but with the same result. Does anybody have the same problem with the update?

How can I solve this issue? The Module Version after the update is Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Version 1.01.

Thanks in advance :)

amerigoV
September 8th, 2021, 14:36
Started running Hallows Last Hope last night for a group. The ruleset was very smooth! Thanks for putting this together.

Desperate Attack One consideration - when I was running them giant Skeeters, I was moderately surprised there was not a defined effect for Desperate Attack given its simply +2(or 4) to hit and -2(4) damage. I know its a per attack decision so more situational that say wild attack. I think its nice to have the effect just because it has the rules built in versus looking them up, and one can toggle it in the CT if for some reason a player uses it for one attack but not a second attack in a round.

Wild Attack Oh, and I just noticed this looking at Wild Attack (I am making effects for Desperate attacks for now). In SWADE, Wild Attack is limited to Fighting attacks. But SWPF Wild Attack also applies to thrown weapons. The wording is correct in the rules, but the Effect needs to be updated.

Holy Water The description of the mechanics in the item has a stray "unless" at the very end. See below

SBT; Holy water can be thrown in a flask or splashed on an adjacent creature. Undead and certain evil creatures (GM's call) within the template take 2d4 damage when hit and 2d4-2 damage at the start of their next turn unless.

Iconics Image - Ezren Incredibly nitpicky misspelling that probably will not change. In the name of the Image, "Iconics" is misspelled for Ezren (I only noticed it because I searched on Iconics when putting together an a story entry and missed seeing Ezren's pic).

Springroll
September 9th, 2021, 05:00
Wait until the next Tuesday update.

I can't seem to find the new bennies and the larger map, is the map in its own module or has it been swapped out?
Should I be using the normal "change bennies" in settings?

Doswelk
September 9th, 2021, 11:18
Like all changes I upload them to Smiteworks and then indicate there is an update on the developer portal, usually the modules are re-created and added to the next Tuesday update by them.

Given that FGU SWADE/SWD/SWPF bennies are 45x45 pixels I would not be to impressed to be honest.

The lack of updated maps would be annoying though.

That said I have more fixes I need to do so maybe the next update will work for you :)

Springroll
September 9th, 2021, 11:31
Like all changes I upload them to Smiteworks and then indicate there is an update on the developer portal, usually the modules are re-created and added to the next Tuesday update by them.

Given that FGU SWADE/SWD/SWPF bennies are 45x45 pixels I would not be to impressed to be honest.

The lack of updated maps would be annoying though.

That said I have more fixes I need to do so maybe the next update will work for you :)

Next update is fine :) I just thought that I was missing something ;)

GM BK
September 15th, 2021, 00:01
First, I am not one of them cranky Kickstarter people you mention in the opening post... but I am a little cranky. It comes with age :)

Second, as always, this is a top shelf product. I am sure my group and I will get countless hours of enjoyment out of it.

But...

I had a bit of difficulty finding the ruleset. I expected this to be just like the many other Savage Worlds settings I own. I started my server, looked for the rulebooks and did not find them. So I thought maybe I didn't do it right and clicked the "Claim Reward" link in the email again. That led me to this message...

"You have already claimed your Kickstarter rewards. Please add your login to your Fantasy Grounds Settings screen and run an Update. Activate by going into a campaign and then Library > Modules."

Ok, I've done that. A couple of times now. This made me think that maybe it didn't update properly, so I ran the updater again... Started my server again, and still no rulebooks. Tried the old turn it off and turn it on again, update again, and then try again. Still no rulebooks.

That's when I thought to check to see if I needed to create a specific campaign with the Pathfinder setting and lo and behold, there it was.

As I'm sure I'm not the only one who's made this mistake, a message or something on the product page would've saved me from this frustration.

Swifty0x0
September 15th, 2021, 04:33
I found some discrepancies between the SWPF Core Rules document (v1.6 latest) and the Fantasy Grounds module.

In the items section...
Document says heavy shield has a +2 parry. FG module has a +3 parry.
Document says hand crossbow cost is 20 and weight is 2. FG module has 100 and 3, respectively.
Document says heavy flail is two-handed. FG module has two-handed on the regular flail, instead of the heavy flail.
Document doesn't have a long spear entry (just spear and short spear). FG module has a long spear entry (I guess extra is ok, lol.)

I'm not sure if you collected differences like these yet for a future update. If not then these are some to keep an eye on. Overall, an excellent job on the module.

Doswelk
September 15th, 2021, 09:51
Next update:

[Updated] to PDF 1.6
[Fixed] Hand crossbow
[Fixed] Heavy shield
[Fixed] Flails
[Added] Familiar Abilities

ddavison
September 15th, 2021, 13:52
GM BK,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it looks like the product descriptions are not clear for these products and they appear to be listed under Savage Worlds, when they are actually their own separate ruleset. We will update the store entry for these and put them in their own category.

amerigoV
September 15th, 2021, 14:15
I have been really enjoying the ruleset - great job to all!

So a little thing - It does not seem like Torches have the Light effect built into the item. I believe SWADE has that now in the ruleset (you can equip a torch on the character sheet and it will "turn on" on the map).

Regards.

Doswelk
September 15th, 2021, 19:13
I have been really enjoying the ruleset - great job to all!

So a little thing - It does not seem like Torches have the Light effect built into the item. I believe SWADE has that now in the ruleset (you can equip a torch on the character sheet and it will "turn on" on the map).

Regards.

These have been added, will not be in the next update, but the one after :)

MrShipments
September 15th, 2021, 19:37
Any news on the full Bestiary?
Sorry if it's a repeat question, but a simple search didn't really pull any info other than it was in QA.

Jiminimonka
September 15th, 2021, 19:44
Any news on the full Bestiary?
Sorry if it's a repeat question, but a simple search didn't really pull any info other than it was in QA.

No news, it's coming soon - keep an eye out on the store page.

amerigoV
September 16th, 2021, 02:29
These have been added, will not be in the next update, but the one after :)

Thank you. Its best to keep the players in the dark anyway - so they shall be eaten by a Grue.

Padre Moto
September 16th, 2021, 16:10
Under Powers, under Modifiers, the core rule book (both PDF and FGU ruleset) refers to "red star" bullets, which I believe should read "gold star" in the PDF and simply edited for FGU as "marked with a star"?

Padre Moto
September 16th, 2021, 16:11
For multiple attackers attacking a combatant with a shield, is there an option to replicate the loss of a parry bonus other than unequipping the shield for the respective attacks?

Or is there an easier mechanic to replicate this (eg. something that can be activated on the mini-sheet?) Maybe I'm missing that option if it is there.

GM BK
September 16th, 2021, 17:27
GM BK,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it looks like the product descriptions are not clear for these products and they appear to be listed under Savage Worlds, when they are actually their own separate ruleset. We will update the store entry for these and put them in their own category.

Thank you! :)

Doswelk
September 16th, 2021, 17:34
nope, other than manual modification of parry for each attack entry, to be honest I just ignore that rule.

Padre Moto
September 16th, 2021, 18:32
Righto. Thanks!

dogfisc
September 19th, 2021, 09:01
Weapons which modify Parry don't seem to work. I noticed that in PFSW the effects are written as [>Parry +1] so they will only work while attacking, while in SWADE they are [Parry +1]

Doswelk
September 19th, 2021, 18:29
oops

Stryfe484
September 20th, 2021, 17:50
The only way to do it is to create a new skill called Survival and link it to Spirit, then you have to decide how to tell the difference between the two skills.

What effect does it have being the wrong skill? - I need to ask these things to get excuses to Ikael to write code to change things :D

There is no need to change the coding. The core skill is correctly linked. The Druid Class edge modifies the linked trait to spirit. When using the Fast Tests extension, you would need this so the target rolls the proper trait. Also, when increasing skills, you get a bigger bang for your buck if the skill is below the linked trait.

Doswelk
September 20th, 2021, 22:10

It's in QA but they have created a store page and priced it :D

Book 1 for sale
Book 2 - QA
Book 3 - QA
Book 4 - QA
Book 5 - started
Book 6 ?

Not started yet

Hollow's Last Hope - for sale
Guide to Varista - for sale
Arcane Conversions - "Completed" but waiting for updated version.

Padre Moto
September 22nd, 2021, 05:44
In the Cleric Edge, under Vow (Major), the "C" is missing in the word "lerics".

Thank you for all your great work Kevin on all of this!

Rojek
September 22nd, 2021, 23:32
Would it be possible to add a Stream Template in the draw pointers menu?

Rylaan
September 22nd, 2021, 23:43
Love the work you guys have done here!

Q: Is there a way for me to somehow get the FG Simple Brown Theme and/or the FG Simple Gray Theme to work with Savage Pathfinder? They are available for SWADE, and it is by far the easiest for me to read. I would be willing to do it if someone could walk me through it.

Thanks!

Rojek
September 22nd, 2021, 23:58

Q: Is there a way for me to somehow get the FG Simple Brown Theme and/or the FG Simple Gray Theme to work with Savage Pathfinder? They are available for SWADE, and it is by far the easiest for me to read. I would be willing to do it if someone could walk me through it.

Thanks!

Adding another vote for the FG Simple Brown Theme.

Springroll
September 23rd, 2021, 06:35

Thanks!

Just add SWPF to the .ext and it works perfectly, I use it in my game with no issues so far :)
If you need assistance in how to do this send me a PM and I'll help you!

Kyler
September 23rd, 2021, 19:20
Springroll - That worked perfectly. Thank you. On a similar note, anyone know if the standard Savage Worlds Theme can be used for SWPF? I'm not seeing it as an extension that can be modified and that is another that I really like.

Rylaan
September 24th, 2021, 06:37
Ditto. Thanks for walking me through it, Springroll. Works great!!

dogfisc
September 26th, 2021, 19:16
There are cases (Sidekick or Beastmaster twice) in which a player can have a Wild Card ally, but I don't see a way for the player to view or use those bennies. As far as I can tell, the only place they are visible is on the GM combat tracker. It would be helpful if the player could at least know how many the ally had, even if the GM was the only one who could use them.

Lonewolf
September 30th, 2021, 07:52
For multiple attackers attacking a combatant with a shield, is there an option to replicate the loss of a parry bonus other than unequipping the shield for the respective attacks?

Or is there an easier mechanic to replicate this (eg. something that can be activated on the mini-sheet?) Maybe I'm missing that option if it is there.

That was thrown in there to simulate flanking in first edition Pathfinder. With Savage Worlds it didn't really work for me at the physical gaming table.

This rule was then very quickly dismissed in playtesting Pathfinder on FG. We actually did think of coding something but whole thing became very subjective. Running off the original PDF version 1. The rule applied per action group or was ignored depending tactical postion. It was the defenders call on when you would apply penalty. To make matters worse there was already the process people used for handling cover bonus under SWADE. Unequipping the shield for the respective attacks that bypassed cover bonus. So we ignored the problem and hoped nobody noticed.

The fastest work around for the GM that did want more automation was to give a bonus to hit. Have "+2 no shield" on the tool bar and it will do the same job. You use that button when it applies.

Padre Moto
October 1st, 2021, 07:27
That was thrown in there to simulate flanking in first edition Pathfinder. With Savage Worlds it didn't really work for me at the physical gaming table.

This rule was then very quickly dismissed in playtesting Pathfinder on FG. We actually did think of coding something but whole thing became very subjective. Running off the original PDF version 1. The rule applied per action group or was ignored depending tactical postion. It was the defenders call on when you would apply penalty. To make matters worse there was already the process people used for handling cover bonus under SWADE. Unequipping the shield for the respective attacks that bypassed cover bonus. So we ignored the problem and hoped nobody noticed.

The fastest work around for the GM that did want more automation was to give a bonus to hit. Have "+2 no shield" on the tool bar and it will do the same job. You use that button when it applies.

Thanks for the background and the work-around. Very interesting to see where and how some elements don't always transfer seamlessly at first.

You folks are doing a tremendous job getting the products into our hands.

Lonewolf
October 1st, 2021, 10:20
You folks are doing a tremendous job getting the products into our hands. I just get experimented on a bit. https://muppetmindset.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/bunsen-beaker.jpg?w=150&h=86&crop=1

I can't take any credit for anything. It all goes to Doswelk and Ikael for giving us nice things.

Doswelk
October 2nd, 2021, 13:35
Would it be possible to add a Stream Template in the draw pointers menu?

It is already (technically), Stream is a straight line one inch wide, i.e. the standard pointer.

Rojek
October 2nd, 2021, 14:14
That's an OK workaround, but it would be nice to have the inch-wide rectangular template. I have one particular player who loves template attacks, and we all have a good time watching him expertly place a template to hit the absolute maximum number of targets. I love SWADE for AOE attacks; if the template touches the target, it hits. There's no argument about partial coverage by the template or anything like that. The line pointer can be somewhat of a judgment case if they are attacking a diagonal. It's not a huge imposition using the line attack. But it would be nice if we could get the full template to rule out those edge cases definitively.

Even if it can't be added, I just wanted to say we love our playthrough of Runelords. I've purchased a good bit of Savage Worlds Fantasy Grounds content over the last few years, and Runelords is by far the most satisfying content drop I've picked up so far. Thanks for all of the hard work.

Doswelk
October 3rd, 2021, 09:02
That's an OK workaround, but it would be nice to have the inch-wide rectangular template. I have one particular player who loves template attacks, and we all have a good time watching him expertly place a template to hit the absolute maximum number of targets. I love SWADE for AOE attacks; if the template touches the target, it hits. There's no argument about partial coverage by the template or anything like that. The line pointer can be somewhat of a judgment case if they are attacking a diagonal. It's not a huge imposition using the line attack. But it would be nice if we could get the full template to rule out those edge cases definitively.

I understand, I asked and was was told use the pointer (there was an old thread somewhere that explained how to make additional pointers, but I did not understand the spline code so gave up trying) - that said this was YEARS ago and for Classic and may not work for FGU (even if you can find the thread!)

Even if it can't be added, I just wanted to say we love our playthrough of Runelords. I've purchased a good bit of Savage Worlds Fantasy Grounds content over the last few years, and Runelords is by far the most satisfying content drop I've picked up so far. Thanks for all of the hard work.

Runelords is without a doubt the most labour intensive SW product I have ever done, I decided it had to be as feature rich as the original FG D20 version of it was, that meant A LOT of "extra" work compared to usual adventures e.g. parcels for "all" (think I may have missed some minor ones) NPCs gear. Add to the fact that unlike most SWADE modules this one has maps!

We have finished "play-testing" burnt offerings and have started Skinsaw murders, this is finding lots of niggling issues that I am unhappy with (and some mistakes), but I am sure people will get ahead of us, so please let me know any issues you find, I know this will not help you, but any other GM following behind will benefit.

:D

lonejedi
October 5th, 2021, 21:12
I saw Doswelk demo a Savage Pathfinder "magic item creator" extension on-stream a week or two ago... has that been "published" here on the forums, yet?

Jiminimonka
October 5th, 2021, 22:16
I saw Doswelk demo a Savage Pathfinder "magic item creator" extension on-stream a week or two ago... has that been "published" here on the forums, yet?

Not yet. Still a WIP.

Doswelk
October 6th, 2021, 07:44
Posted on Savage Pathfinder Discord channel yesterday :D

amerigoV
October 6th, 2021, 14:30
Noticed a little thing in a game I am running. When you drop a NPC into the CT, the "Type" on the main tab changes to
"npc". I have attached Kolmokmurk as an example. His Type is an Evil Humanoid (Druid) when you open him from the NPC menu. In the CT, it shows as npc.

I noticed it because someone asked (paladin) if he was evil. I recall seeing in the stat block that he was, but when I opened up the stat block from the CT I could not find it. Given there are more alignment-ism mechanics in SWPF, I think this should be fixed.

Thanks

Doswelk
October 6th, 2021, 15:07
Noticed a little thing in a game I am running. When you drop a NPC into the CT, the "Type" on the main tab changes to
"npc". I have attached Kolmokmurk as an example. His Type is an Evil Humanoid (Druid) when you open him from the NPC menu. In the CT, it shows as npc.

I noticed it because someone asked (paladin) if he was evil. I recall seeing in the stat block that he was, but when I opened up the stat block from the CT I could not find it. Given there are more alignment-ism mechanics in SWPF, I think this should be fixed.

Thanks

Yep I have reported it, problem is that type - npc is needed for CT to work, so waiting on Ikael to provide a fix.

amerigoV
October 6th, 2021, 15:24
yep i have reported it, problem is that type - npc is needed for ct to work, so waiting on ikael to provide a fix.

ty!

macDsinfo
October 10th, 2021, 20:33
Fantastic work Doswelk and Ikael!
+1
thx

hawkwind
October 23rd, 2021, 08:01
Posted on Savage Pathfinder Discord channel yesterday :D

which discord channel is this?

hawkwind
October 23rd, 2021, 08:17
I am taking some players through Hollows Lost Hope and i have converted Crown of the Kobold king, I can't post my finished module for copyright reasons but i can point people to some excellent maps for the main dungeon https://imgur.com/a/lvYlZ

also there are some good maps for Hollows lost Hope on drivethru here https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/299612/Heroic-Maps--Darkvale-Dwarven-Monastery?manufacturers_id=5371 and https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/299606/Heroic-Maps--Explorer-Darkvale-Forest-Locations

having a lot of fun running and prepping for Savage worlds pathfinder!

hawkwind
October 28th, 2021, 19:34
So far as I'm setting my player's characters back up I've noticed a few things but some have already been mentioned.
One that I haven't seen mentioned yet is: When you add the Mystic (Monk) Edge, it doesn't add it to the character's Arcane Backgrounds list in the Powers tab.
Minor but noticed.

i have notice this as well , for example if you drag the wizards class edge onto the main tab arcane background wizard appears on the Main tab but doesn't appear on the powers tab under arcane background yet if you drag arcane background magic onto the main tab it also populates the power tab

Doswelk
October 28th, 2021, 20:15
i have notice this as well , for example if you drag the wizards class edge onto the main tab arcane background wizard appears on the Main tab but doesn't appear on the powers tab under arcane background yet if you drag arcane background magic onto the main tab it also populates the power tab

I have reported this "bug" a while back with Ikael still waiting on a fix.

Also the Type: NPC bug when an NPC is added to Combat Tracker.

dogfisc
October 30th, 2021, 01:53
I've been looking at lights in PFSW and the presets seem off to me. Lantern should have 50% greater radius than Torch, but they look the same. Beyond that the radius seems too small. According to the rulebook, torch should be 4" radius and lantern 6" but they both look to be about 1.5" (from the center of the token; 1" from the edge).

They do seem to be correct in the SWADE ruleset.

The screenshots below are from standard "Battlemaps", so I don't think it's a problem with the grid or distance (those settings are included in the screenshots).

Doswelk
October 30th, 2021, 07:23
I've been looking at lights in PFSW and the presets seem off to me. Lantern should have 50% greater radius than Torch, but they look the same. Beyond that the radius seems too small. According to the rulebook, torch should be 4" radius and lantern 6" but they both look to be about 1.5" (from the center of the token; 1" from the edge).

They do seem to be correct in the SWADE ruleset.

The screenshots below are from standard "Battlemaps", so I don't think it's a problem with the grid or distance (those settings are included in the screenshots).

Thing is SWPF doesn't as far as I can tell change the light settings and uses the SWADE code. But Ikael will have to confirm.

dogfisc
November 1st, 2021, 05:38
Thing is SWPF doesn't as far as I can tell change the light settings and uses the SWADE code. But Ikael will have to confirm.
I just created brand new campaigns of PFSW and SWADE and looked at the "token lights" in the Options window, and they are definitely different. Interestingly, the map lighting presets in both PFSW and SWADE seem to match the PFSW token light settings.

macDsinfo
November 1st, 2021, 10:09
I don't see it as a dm, but, using the default PFSW theme, players are seeing wounds in the fatg box via the CT...49759

Doswelk
November 2nd, 2021, 08:24
Fear isn't a standard CT box, I suspect the extension that is adding fear box is the cause, also these days it is unnecessary as you can just add an effect: Fear [Trait -1] to do the same thing.

macDsinfo
November 2nd, 2021, 14:31
Fear isn't a standard CT box, I suspect the extension that is adding fear box is the cause, also these days it is unnecessary as you can just add an effect: Fear [Trait -1] to do the same thing.old extension-didn’t realize I had it enabled… my bad. Sorry to litter the thread. And thank you very much for setting me straight.

MrShipments
November 16th, 2021, 20:12
This may seem like an odd question. I saw that Rise of the Runeloads 5 for FGU came out today... but I was still waiting for 4 to be released. What am I missing here?

Stryfe484
November 16th, 2021, 20:30
This may seem like an odd question. I saw that Rise of the Runeloads 5 for FGU came out today... but I was still waiting for 4 to be released. What am I missing here?

Same

Moon Wizard
November 16th, 2021, 20:42
Probably just slipped through early with all the products we're processing before holiday sales. I've asked James to look into it.

Regards,
JPG

Art Wendorf
November 23rd, 2021, 12:23
This may seem like an odd question. I saw that Rise of the Runeloads 5 for FGU came out today... but I was still waiting for 4 to be released. What am I missing here?Ha! I just asked this in discord. Thought it was my weak search-fu.

TomtheBu
December 3rd, 2021, 08:19
Good morning,

I just wanted to ask if there are any news concerning the PFSW Quck Chase Deck coming to FGU or how to use the PFSW Quick Chase Deck - DIY VTT from Pennicle with FGU

Doswelk
December 4th, 2021, 09:42
I have not been able to convince Ikael to code it yet :(

macDsinfo has a workaround

TomtheBu
December 6th, 2021, 08:07
Ok thank you. I guess it's nothing with a high priority at the moment. But I am curious about the workaround. I see no way to place one card facedown and keep any other cards in hand.

Is there any possibility to keep track of the chase tokens of each character in PFSW?

amerigoV
December 11th, 2021, 13:55
Ok thank you. I guess it's nothing with a high priority at the moment. But I am curious about the workaround. I see no way to place one card facedown and keep any other cards in hand.

Is there any possibility to keep track of the chase tokens of each character in PFSW?

I tinkered with the dramatic tasks since it has a counter, but its more pain than its worth since you can lose tokens, take tokens from others, etc. It could do it, but I suspect its more trouble than its worth. I checked to the SWADE chase rules are still in there for maps, but its not (this would work well - you would ignore the SWADE meaning of the cards just use them for the range modifier aspect that is built into the system).

After playing around, I would make an image that has zones or buckets to represent chase tokens and put the PC tokens on it. So instead of giving the player a token, you move their character token to zone that has the appropriate number of chase tokens. That would be the quickest to adjust on the fly and to give a nice visual of the situation.

TomtheBu
December 11th, 2021, 14:47
I played around with the dramatic tasks as well and I exactly know what you mean! Itīs to difficult to handle the loss and gain of additional tokens.

But I like your idea of the image with the chase token zones or even using the SWADE chase cards for this. It should work when chase card #1 reperesents having 1 chase token and each additional chase card another one,
then placing the characters beneath the particular card moving them around when they gain or loose further chase token. I just have to calculate the ranges, if they match the rules of the PFSW quick chase...

Thanks a lot! I will test this :)

hawkwind
December 11th, 2021, 14:57
The immunity electricity effect on the shocker lizard and the gelatinous cube is giving immunity to all damage

amerigoV
December 11th, 2021, 20:41
I played around with the dramatic tasks as well and I exactly know what you mean! Itīs to difficult to handle the loss and gain of additional tokens.

But I like your idea of the image with the chase token zones or even using the SWADE chase cards for this. It should work when chase card #1 reperesents having 1 chase token and each additional chase card another one,
then placing the characters beneath the particular card moving them around when they gain or loose further chase token. I just have to calculate the ranges, if they match the rules of the PFSW quick chase...

Thanks a lot! I will test this :)

I do not praise Roll20 much anymore, but there is one thing I still really like about it - there are 3 slots you on the token you can use as a counter on the fly. That is a handy little thing I miss.

Doswelk
December 12th, 2021, 17:32
The immunity electricity effect on the shocker lizard and the gelatinous cube is giving immunity to all damage

I'll look at that, you need to move the ']' after immunity to after the word electricity, in the mean time :s

goodmanje
December 16th, 2021, 12:03
In Rise of The Rune Lords book 2, if you go to Part 6 --> Sawmill General Features and click on the link for the Ground Floor map, the map doesn't appear. You just get a white background with a question mark in the center. Thanks

DoktorPete
December 28th, 2021, 05:40
I just picked up the pathfinder core rules and I'm wondering if the formatting I'm experiencing is normal or an error of some kind; there seem to be a bunch of pages in the reference manual that have random sections of the text jump into a dual text block format with nothing in the left bock and then back into a single block format again. Or maybe it's pictures not loading or something? Not sure if this has something to do with me running the test build for a while (back on Live now), or the new built-in module builder, but I can't help but feel it's too random to be intentional.

https://imgur.com/BWZ0Znc
https://imgur.com/HnV0Qgi

EDIT: Just noticed Doswelk's post in the SWEL thread about how the reference manual builder ruined the layouts for this/other modules, I'm sure that's gotta be super frustrating. Is this something that is likely to be addressed or not a priority because it's an aesthetic thing?

Skellan
December 28th, 2021, 10:46
It looks like there is an image that is not displaying

Skellan
December 28th, 2021, 11:16
I think the text for Arcane Resistance (and the improved version) is old. I think it should specify enemy powers?

Erolat
January 11th, 2022, 22:43
My character just hit Veteran and took Arcane Archer II. One of the abilities is Phase Arrow which ignores cover for one shot.

Is there a way to code that in? I tried Ignore #Cover but that did not work.

Redemption77
January 12th, 2022, 05:53
Does anyone know when book 6 of Rise of the Runelord is coming out?

Doswelk
January 12th, 2022, 10:19
I think the text for Arcane Resistance (and the improved version) is old. I think it should specify enemy powers?
Hmm my SWEL file and my copy of the module matches the version 1.7 PDF, can you send me a screen shot your version of the edge, maybe I haven't pushed an update out :s

Doswelk
January 12th, 2022, 10:20
Does anyone know when book 6 of Rise of the Runelord is coming out?

It is in QA

Redemption77
January 12th, 2022, 14:04
Excellent, thanks for the heads up Doswelk

TomtheBu
January 12th, 2022, 14:09
My character just hit Veteran and took Arcane Archer II. One of the abilities is Phase Arrow which ignores cover for one shot.

Is there a way to code that in? I tried Ignore #Cover but that did not work.

Have you tried using the effect on the character sheet combat tab in the bow attack instead? I guess the CT can't handle it.

Try [>Ignore #Cover -2] or any other penalty wich applies due to cover.

dogfisc
January 12th, 2022, 18:36
Have you tried using the effect on the character sheet combat tab in the bow attack instead? I guess the CT can't handle it.

Try [>Ignore #Cover -2] or any other penalty wich applies due to cover.
Just a guess, but maybe create a sub-attack for the bow and add the effect in there?

TomtheBu
January 12th, 2022, 19:37
I tested it, both will do it. Itīs just a matter of taste. You could add one sub-attack for each different cover penalty available.

macDsinfo
January 31st, 2022, 01:29
I use the basic card tables extension to make the deck. then as the "cards" are rolled from the table, the dm posts them into a public note, so that everybody can see the cards being played that round. Players likewise drag their card text to a personal note to keep track of their "hand." DM manually moves the turn indicator on the CT according to the card order. We manually keep track of the five rounds. Players and DM manually add modifiers in the modifier box. A little clunky, but as the players and DM get used to it, it rolls along quite quickly. Not the prettiest of activities, but it is fast, furious and fun.

Good morning,

I just wanted to ask if there are any news concerning the PFSW Quck Chase Deck coming to FGU or how to use the PFSW Quick Chase Deck - DIY VTT from Pennicle with FGU

I have not been able to convince Ikael to code it yet :(

macDsinfo has a workaround

I use a chase map, like usual chases. I also have an "encounter" with friendly npcs with a red poker chip token. I add the tokens to the CT, and make them visible and drop them on the map for players to keep track of as they earn them; I handle the tokens the same way for the adversaries...

TomtheBu
February 3rd, 2022, 22:32
Thank you for the insight! I had something similar in mind. I also use the basic card Table extension but in addition to the VTT Version of the PFSW Chase Deck. Then after playing all the cards per round, I also manually drag the relative action cards from the SWADE combat card deck to the PCs and NPCs in the CT to sort them by initiative. For the chase map, I use a numbered row of chase cards and there I place the participants under the particular Chase Card. #1 for having 1 Chase Token, #2 for having 2 Chase Token etc.

Doswelk
February 4th, 2022, 22:30
To be honest all we need is FGU to support dealing out cards, then although there would be no automation as such you could just run it like you would in a face-to-face game.

macDsinfo
February 4th, 2022, 23:05
To be honest all we need is FGU to support dealing out cards, then although there would be no automation as such you could just run it like you would in a face-to-face game.yup, but at the coding level, I would love to see smaller things (skip hidden actor, ally control, disappearing tokens) handled first. The dice/deck works well with a shared note, and the text is easy to read and discuss this way… my opinion, of course… ;)

Redemption77
February 4th, 2022, 23:52
It would be nice if we didnt have to rely on the community to step in and be willing to code these things and we got more support from PEG or someone. I dont know the details of the backend but it just seems like Roll 20 is getting so many more features, including chase cards and things so much faster than we are.

wframe
February 9th, 2022, 13:05
Is it just me, or did the benny images just change? The goblin, dragon, etc are missing now and I see a shield, trap, etc now. Granted, the images were small and blurry before and these new ones are easier to see, but I still liked the ones from before.

macDsinfo
February 9th, 2022, 14:31
They changed, and I think they look awesome!
Is it just me, or did the benny images just change? The goblin, dragon, etc are missing now and I see a shield, trap, etc now. Granted, the images were small and blurry before and these new ones are easier to see, but I still liked the ones from before.

wframe
February 9th, 2022, 18:59
They changed, and I think they look awesome!

I don't have a problem with some new images, but they removed the detailed ones that were a default part of the system (dragon, goblin, etc). I don't understand why we can't have both. The Foundry version of the module has the default images that they just removed and they look great on larger, high-resolution tokens. The Fantasy Grounds SWADE system is much better (and fully baked), but I'm not sure why the token images are now different.

Mortar
March 4th, 2022, 22:57
Kevin is messing with my head

UrsaTeddy
March 24th, 2022, 10:25
Hi,

I have just gotten this ruleset and kudos for all of the hard work.

Unfortunately I have seen/encountered/found various little "issues" in the basic data and was wondering if there is a dedicated thread for things I have noted that seem to be "incorrect".

An example: if you load the Bestiary and the GM Corebook you get doubles of a lot of the Racial Abilities. I realise there is overlap however since you are required to have the Core Ruleset to be able to use the Bestiary this is something that can be dealt with perhaps?

Jiminimonka
March 24th, 2022, 23:33
Hi,

I have just gotten this ruleset and kudos for all of the hard work.

Unfortunately I have seen/encountered/found various little "issues" in the basic data and was wondering if there is a dedicated thread for things I have noted that seem to be "incorrect".

An example: if you load the Bestiary and the GM Corebook you get doubles of a lot of the Racial Abilities. I realise there is overlap however since you are required to have the Core Ruleset to be able to use the Bestiary this is something that can be dealt with perhaps?

This is the thread.

UrsaTeddy
March 25th, 2022, 00:15
Okay thank you ... I will compile a list and post rather than posting a single entry for each thing.

Doswelk
March 28th, 2022, 21:15

Unfortunately this will not change, the Core Rules and the Bestiary have the list, this is because you do not need the bestiary so they are included in the core rules, the bestiary has some additional ones and again lists the standard ones, as I have to convert the books as they are if you load both modules you get both, you can use the filter to select the bestiary list (which is what I do when creating NPCs).

Please do post any more issues you find, most will be fixed :)

UrsaTeddy
March 28th, 2022, 21:17
Well that answers that issue :)

I have not gotten back to it to compile the list of other things.

wframe
March 28th, 2022, 21:21
Well that answers that issue :)

I have not gotten back to it to compile the list of other things.

To be fair, this is how it is with most systems. If you play 5e and you have all of the books, you'll see duplicates of NPCs and equipment, classes, etc because they appear in several of the books. If you unload the books with the duplicates, you lose all of the content. This is why there is a search and filters. It's all or nothing with modules. They don't check each other for duplicates. It's just something to get used to, not a bug.

rigerco
April 3rd, 2022, 03:07
Just noticed that Frost Giants from the Bestiary have a Toughness of 1. Shouldn't it be 11/3?

Doswelk
April 5th, 2022, 09:48
Just noticed that Frost Giants from the Bestiary have a Toughness of 1. Shouldn't it be 11/3?
I thought I had fixed that already, oh well will update ASAP

Sorry about that

Locotomo
April 8th, 2022, 18:55
Hi :)
Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Archetypes :
Is Seonis Familiar missing in the Allies tab or do I have to create it myself?

Doswelk
April 8th, 2022, 23:09
I do not believe there are stats for the familiar

hawkwind
April 24th, 2022, 09:11
allies is broken currently it appears, players can't control their allies , i have to build a separate PC for them to work round the issue

hawkwind
June 16th, 2022, 07:13
https://peginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/CotCT_APG_SavageWorlds_KS_1080x1080.png

Jiminimonka
June 16th, 2022, 09:36
allies is broken currently it appears, players can't control their allies , i have to build a separate PC for them to work round the issue

Turn on Party Vision as a temporary work around (this is a known SWADE bug)
You can turn an NPC into a PC by dragging it to the character window methinks.

Redemption77
June 17th, 2022, 22:15
Does anyone know if we're going to be getting the Companion, Arcane book or the chase cards? Id heard a rumor some of these were finished being converted.

Doswelk
June 22nd, 2022, 11:48
Companion - yes, chase cards do not hold your breath, FGU doesn't have the ability to deal a deck of cards to players and my attempts at hacking the adventure deck extension did not work as hoped.

amerigoV
June 28th, 2022, 02:58
That is ashame about the Chase Deck - it works really well at the table.

Doswelk
July 1st, 2022, 20:21

Deckard has a work around he uses, but it is clunky (not faulting his solution) just the limitations he has to work with, poke him on Discord he can talk you through it.

macDsinfo
July 2nd, 2022, 21:30
not as clunky as yo would think. just need to have some player buy in...

using the basic card tables ext, I make the chase deck. the text of these rolls can be copied easily. using a page that all players can edit (I use the player agency ext, but I think the built-in notes work, too) you have all players (and the dm) drop the text on a single note that all can see and move from there... also, if/when players have additional cards, they can manage the text for these on an individual note page, and then drag the text to the shared hand page when played...

hth

rigerco
July 17th, 2022, 00:43
Noticed that Staff/Quarterstaff has a min Str of D5 instead of D4.

Allenir
July 20th, 2022, 00:09
Hi. I bought my license recently and I've been playtesting for my campaign and I noticed that when I try to usa a magic as a Sorcerer, I cannot apply the Modifiers like spend +4 into Making a greater Bolt. And I have to set it manually. And it breaks the system flow completely.

Can you guys help?

Doswelk
July 20th, 2022, 11:08
Power point spending is manual

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 20th, 2022, 12:30
Would you or anyone in the community know of any extent that would do this function of consuming "mystical" energy by using magic?

Doswelk
July 21st, 2022, 09:11
Noticed that Staff/Quarterstaff has a min Str of D5 instead of D4.

Fixed today, should make next Tuesday update. Thank you for reporting this, keep them coming in :)

FrodoB
July 21st, 2022, 09:12
Hi. I bought my license recently and I've been playtesting for my campaign and I noticed that when I try to usa a magic as a Sorcerer, I cannot apply the Modifiers like spend +4 into Making a greater Bolt. And I have to set it manually. And it breaks the system flow completely.

Can you guys help?

Adding to Doswelk's note that power point spending is manual, you can create sub-attacks for powers as well. So you could create a sub-attack of Bolt that adds a d6 to damage.

rigerco
July 27th, 2022, 23:03
The description for the Healing Skill links to the Healing Power instead of to the Healing section of the rules. They're slightly different as the Healing rules section details the Golden Hour, Bleeding Out and Incapacitation. The Power just refers to those items in passing.

Scarbrow1
August 21st, 2022, 04:51
The Draconic Bloodline seems to be only granting a +1 armor instead of +2

5xad0w
August 23rd, 2022, 17:24
[removed: wrong section]

rigerco
August 24th, 2022, 17:30
The Starknife and Rapier both have [>Parry +1], which doesn't work. When I manually change them to the [Parry +1] format found in Shields it does work.
edit: Quarterstaff has this too. I checked vanilla SWADE implementation and the items are coded correctly there.

Swifty0x0
September 14th, 2022, 07:12
Hi Kevin,

I notice some differences between the Bestiary Book/PDF and the Fantasy Grounds Bestiary. All adult dragons I've checked have more strength in FGU than the book. Example, Adult Brass Dragon has STR d12+2 (book) versus STR d12+4 (FGU). Adult Red Dragon STR d12+4 (book) versus STR d12+6 (FGU). Other creatures have the STR difference too. The Phoenix has STR d12+2 (book) versus STR d12+3. Is there an update to the Bestiary that is increasing the strength of these and other creatures?

Also creatures that have resistance or weakness don't have the automation code. Example, Phoenix is weak to cold and should have [@Cold Damage+4] in its Environmental Weakness, or something like that.

Frost Giant has a toughness of 1 in FGU, and no addition for it's chain shirt and icy skin. Book shows it should be 15(4).

I've been updating FGU regularly, and even unloaded and reloaded the PFSW Bestiary.

Doswelk
October 6th, 2022, 15:15
I cannot remember if I a) fixed this and b) submitted it for release.

Please let me know if these are still problems :(

dogfisc
October 10th, 2022, 18:17
The Starknife and Rapier both have [>Parry +1], which doesn't work. When I manually change them to the [Parry +1] format found in Shields it does work.
edit: Quarterstaff has this too. I checked vanilla SWADE implementation and the items are coded correctly there.

It looks like all the weapons that have a bonus or penalty to Parry are that way.

dogfisc
October 10th, 2022, 18:18
I think these are both due to changes in later versions of the rules; they were correct at the time that the FG module was created:

Dispel:
Power Entry: remove "with a -2 modifier if the rival's power is of another type" (see https://www.pegforum.com/forum/pathfinder-for-savage-worlds/official-answers-on-pathfinder-for-savage-worlds/58736-dispel-power-card-or-core-book-correct)
Power Entry and Reference: Area Effect cost is listed as (+2/+4/+6); it should be (+1/+2/+3) (text also needs to be corrected)

Sorcerer Bloodline (Undead):
Both the reference and the Bloodline (Undead) Ability say it grants Toughness +1. This has been changed to environmental resistance cold and +1 to Soak rolls.

Griffy
November 7th, 2022, 23:42
Hi

I did not see this anywhere but one of the Taiga Giants special abilities is broken up in the bestiary. The last part of the Spirit summoning ability is broken out and in separate entry above starting with benefits.

tintagel
November 28th, 2022, 18:22
Is there a timeline or estimated date for the Advanced Player's Guide for Savage Worlds? I'm trying to decide if I need to manually input the edges, powers, etc. from the PDF or wait for the FG module to purchase. Thanks!

Doswelk
November 29th, 2022, 12:40
Once they release it, I will start the adaption.

I am currently finishing the Fantasy Companion and updates.

rigerco
December 31st, 2022, 01:33
Warhammer is missing the Raise Damage value.

Shran
January 9th, 2023, 10:37
I noticed that the combination of Trait assignment and modification does not work. For example, I have two effects:

[Strength = 4d]
[Strength +1d]

The first one sets the character's Strength to d10. This works fine, but the second effect is ignored. My expectation would be that the resulting Strength is d12. This behavior might not be a bug and may be intentional. So a bit of background information:

I want to create effects that represent shape change forms that our druid can take. For example, for "Shape Change, Bear" I want to use [Strength = 4d, ...] to set the character's Strength to d10. But at the same time other spells like Boost Trait should still work. As a workaround I use [Strength +3d] which works, but it is not ideal since I have to adjust all shape change effects when the druid increases her Strength die via Advance. So is there any way to make this work?

Doswelk
January 9th, 2023, 10:45
if someone casts Boost Trait Strength on the shape changed druid you just change [Strength = 4d] to [Strength = 5d].

Shran
January 9th, 2023, 13:32
Thanks for your response! That seems also awkward but could be a potential workaround. Can you tell me if this is a bug or intentional? In either case, I'd prefer an option where it is relatively easy to create some sort of shape change effect. The coolest solution would of course be to just reference a bestiary entry :)

edem
January 27th, 2023, 08:45
Hi,

I have an issue with the encumbrance settings: even with "Auto-apply: Encumbrance" set to off, the Pace is decreased when a character is encumbered. Furthermore, when an armour piece is equipped, it adds a further -2 decrease as "Armor Encumbrance". Theoretically I could add a bonus to the character's pace to overcome this, but I would have to adjust that every time they change their equipped items, and considering the default approach to Encumbrance in SWADE is "don't worry about it, unless the GM decides it should be important to track" I think this should be fixed.

Test: create a character with d4 strength and add a Chain Mail to their inventory, then check pace while the item is carried or equipped, in any encumbrance setting.

Expected behaviour (at least, that's what I would expect based on SWADE and the option):
- When Encumbrance set to Off: encumbrance does not affect Pace at all
- When Encumbrance set to Inventory: encumbrance give penalty to Pace based on total weight of carried items, not counting the weight of equipped armour pieces
- When Encumbrance set to Armor: encumbrance give encumbrance penalty to Pace based on total weight of equipped armour
- When Encumbrance set to All: encumbrance give encumbrance penalty to Pace based on total weight of carried and equipped items
- Armour Encumbrance should only give the explicit pace penalty of certain equipped armour pieces (i.e. Bombproof Vest should give -2 and not -4)

(Sorry if this has been already discussed, my initial searches came up empty.)

Jiminimonka
January 27th, 2023, 09:26
Thanks for your response! That seems also awkward but could be a potential workaround. Can you tell me if this is a bug or intentional? In either case, I'd prefer an option where it is relatively easy to create some sort of shape change effect. The coolest solution would of course be to just reference a bestiary entry :)

It is intentional. There are too many variables to automate so an effects system is there to handle them.

Jiminimonka
January 27th, 2023, 09:27
Hi,

I have an issue with the encumbrance settings: even with "Auto-apply: Encumbrance" set to off, the Pace is decreased when a character is encumbered. Furthermore, when an armour piece is equipped, it adds a further -2 decrease as "Armor Encumbrance". Theoretically I could add a bonus to the character's pace to overcome this, but I would have to adjust that every time they change their equipped items, and considering the default approach to Encumbrance in SWADE is "don't worry about it, unless the GM decides it should be important to track" I think this should be fixed.

Test: create a character with d4 strength and add a Chain Mail to their inventory, then check pace while the item is carried or equipped, in any encumbrance setting.

Expected behaviour (at least, that's what I would expect based on SWADE and the option):
- When Encumbrance set to Off: encumbrance does not affect Pace at all
- When Encumbrance set to Inventory: encumbrance give penalty to Pace based on total weight of carried items, not counting the weight of equipped armour pieces
- When Encumbrance set to Armor: encumbrance give encumbrance penalty to Pace based on total weight of equipped armour
- When Encumbrance set to All: encumbrance give encumbrance penalty to Pace based on total weight of carried and equipped items
- Armour Encumbrance should only give the explicit pace penalty of certain equipped armour pieces (i.e. Bombproof Vest should give -2 and not -4)

(Sorry if this has been already discussed, my initial searches came up empty.)

I'm away from my PC so cant check this. Maybe a bug for Ikael and Moon Wizard to look into.

edem
January 27th, 2023, 09:31
I'm away from my PC so cant check this. Maybe a bug for Ikael and Moon Wizard to look into.
I guess I should have opened it as a separate issue, as this also happens in the base SWADE module. I make a new thread.

LDedric
February 16th, 2023, 12:19
Why am I not able to add the fantasy companion with Savage Pathfinder?

edem
February 16th, 2023, 12:20
Why am I not able to add the fantasy companion with Savage Pathfinder?

I think it would not make sense - savage pathfinder is kinda base swade plus the fantasy companion, with minor changes (e.g. races in spf are 2 point stronger than in the fantasy companion)

UrsaTeddy
February 16th, 2023, 14:27
The Fantasy Companion is very similar to Pathfinder (SWADE) so it would not be exactly great to add them.

In addition, Savage Pathfinder is not SavageWorlds or SWADE as a ruleset code therefore the Fantasy Companion does not load with it.

If you REALLY want to load the module (for example to use the monsters etc), you can try to use the SW Module Loader (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/108/view) Extension in Forge and try to use that to side load any module that is normally not allowed by your ruleset.

For example I use this extension to load Pathfinder Beastiary with many of my games to give me a larger selection of creatures to use.

twistedtechmike
February 27th, 2023, 13:51
BUG: The Magic Items: Available Staves and Rods table generates a lua script error upon opening. It seems to be missing prices, and has the item listed in the price column instead.

Moon Wizard
February 27th, 2023, 21:19
Thanks for the report. This ruleset is currently locked to the Test/beta channel for other changes; but I've updated the module in the Test channel to fix the error.

Regards,
JPG

hawkwind
March 5th, 2023, 09:19
all the relevant weapons are not showing reach as a trait and their entry in the reference manual is missing the info as well

GM BK
May 14th, 2023, 22:34
Bug: A lot of the equipment tables in the Module section for the core rulebook don't have links for the items listed. Armor, shields, vehicles, enchantments etc.

Searched to see if this was posted yet, but didn't find anything. If my search-fu failed me, my apologies :)

DMrabs
May 16th, 2023, 19:33
Hello,

Just a quick question on this one. Is there going to be other modules from the Pathfinder line done for Fantasy Grounds for Savage Worlds. I would LOVE to see the Kingmaker Adventure Path done up Savage worlds style!

I love Rise of the Runelords but we have played through with that one. Im not a huge fan of Pathfinder...its def love/ hate. Its too crunchy for me as a GM personally. BUT Savage Worlds system running through Pathfinder AP's! AWESOME!

Anyways, thanks for all the hard work that you have done so far on this one. Definitely looking forward to seeing if more is going to be produced and sorry if this has been answered on a thread elsewhere.

cheers,
ryan

Jiminimonka
May 16th, 2023, 19:45
Hello,

Just a quick question on this one. Is there going to be other modules from the Pathfinder line done for Fantasy Grounds for Savage Worlds. I would LOVE to see the Kingmaker Adventure Path done up Savage worlds style!

I love Rise of the Runelords but we have played through with that one. Im not a huge fan of Pathfinder...its def love/ hate. Its too crunchy for me as a GM personally. BUT Savage Worlds system running through Pathfinder AP's! AWESOME!

Anyways, thanks for all the hard work that you have done so far on this one. Definitely looking forward to seeing if more is going to be produced and sorry if this has been answered on a thread elsewhere.

cheers,
ryan

When Pinnacle make it, it will get made for FG no doubt.

DMrabs
May 16th, 2023, 19:47
Thanks Jim!! So bug Pinnacle...done! hahahaha cheers

zarlor
May 17th, 2023, 21:27
FWIW, PEG Inc. did just finalize the Crimson Throne AP so I would expect someone here is likely working to get that into FG. Not sure if Pinnacle will be doing more APs or not, though, but I definitely agree about preferring to play it in SWADE :D

rigerco
May 17th, 2023, 21:43
The question is, when is it released for FG? When the PDFs are final or when the print copies are final? Per yesterday's PEG newsletter, the physical copy is delayed for a while due to a missing component.

Also, at one of their twitch forums over the winter they did announce the next AP. I don't remember which it was, but they did announce it.

DMrabs
May 17th, 2023, 22:20
Thanks Zarlor!! Crimson Throne would also be epic!! I legit hope that happens then I would def run it. Here's crossing fingers.

cheers,
ryan

zarlor
May 18th, 2023, 13:38
The question is, when is it released for FG? When the PDFs are final or when the print copies are final? Per yesterday's PEG newsletter, the physical copy is delayed for a while due to a missing component.

Also, at one of their twitch forums over the winter they did announce the next AP. I don't remember which it was, but they did announce it.

Usually on finalized PDFs is when the VTT work begins, from what I've seen. No need to wait for the print copies. That being said I have no insight on if someone is working, or planning to work, on it for FGU or not.

Doswelk
May 25th, 2023, 11:53
They are...

VenimeuxHaine
June 12th, 2023, 16:59
I'm having problems with vision with Pathfinder for Savage Worlds. Documentation I've found points to character sheets with a senses line but these character sheets don't have that. I've searched this forum for vision without results. I have run 5e with vision enabled, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work here. Is there some documentation or video available somewhere that goes through these steps for Pathfinder for Savage Worlds?

Mike Serfass
June 13th, 2023, 00:32
What problems, specifically? Line of sight on maps, or vision and lighting on maps? Or do you mean dark vision and low light vision?

Springroll
June 14th, 2023, 03:36
With update 4.4 there's text missing in the Reference Manual for Advanced Player's Guide
The same goes for the rest of the Reference Manuals, most if not all text is missing (I've tested again, removing all other extensions)

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2023, 06:33
Just pushed a hot fix that I think should address this. Please run a new Check for Updates, and let me know if you are still having issues with that.

Regards,
JPG

Springroll
June 14th, 2023, 06:55
Just pushed a hot fix that I think should address this. Please run a new Check for Updates, and let me know if you are still having issues with that.

Regards,
JPG

Excellent! I'm at work so can't test now but will as soon as I get home :D

Can now confirm that it works! Thank you!

VenimeuxHaine
June 15th, 2023, 03:12
Thank you for taking the time to answer. I think I found the issue. I had turned on the mask thinking that was how I reset the fog of war. While I was clicking around it turned off and suddenly the actors could see the room and lights I had set up.

I must say that I'm fairly disappointed about FG's handling of power points and casting spells. From what I've seen on YouTube, Foundry was able to figure it out so hopefully FG will get there soon.

Renfield
September 2nd, 2023, 19:36
Hello!

So I'm running a Savage Pathfinder campaign, and I was able to access my Fantasy Companion to round out the game, which was nice as Savage Pathfinder is a tad limited in scope. Now I can no longer access it and it's very frustrating. Any reason why this was made unavailable when running Savage Pathfinder?

ProfDogg
September 2nd, 2023, 19:57
Hello!

So I'm running a Savage Pathfinder campaign, and I was able to access my Fantasy Companion to round out the game, which was nice as Savage Pathfinder is a tad limited in scope. Now I can no longer access it and it's very frustrating. Any reason why this was made unavailable when running Savage Pathfinder?

It's inherently not a SWPF product, it was made for SWADE so that's how it's supposed to be marketed. That being said, there's an extension for it. Lemme go see if I can find the link...

ProfDogg
September 2nd, 2023, 20:01

Renfield
September 2nd, 2023, 22:47
It's inherently not a SWPF product, it was made for SWADE so that's how it's supposed to be marketed. That being said, there's an extension for it. Lemme go see if I can find the link...

Thanks, it's just weird that it once worked, and now it doesn't. A bit frustrating, and I know Savage Pathfinder and SWADE are technically separate, but it would be nice to mix and match, you know?

Or, it appears, my forgetful *** already had that extension, but I likely removed it while trying to deal with an error I was experiencing with small fire elementals, and never put it back because I have the brain of a gold fish.

rigerco
September 6th, 2023, 21:44
Handful of gremlins in the Ref Manual:

Dodge - no link to popup for edge
Improved Dodge - no link to pop up for edge
Dodge/Improved Dodge DOES have a link to the Evasion rules.
Sweep - no pop up for the edge
Two Weapon Fighting - no pop up for edge

Camberme
November 1st, 2023, 02:23
Question, for a Skeleton PC / NPC, how can you set it to recieving healing from negitive damage, and damage from positive healing?

Jiminimonka
November 1st, 2023, 22:11
Question, for a Skeleton PC / NPC, how can you set it to recieving healing from negitive damage, and damage from positive healing?

Manually, there is no automation for that.

Redemption77
November 13th, 2023, 03:50
Not sure if this is a widespread issue or just a me issue, but none of the abilities from ancestries from the Advanced Players Guide for Savage Pathfinder have anything written in them at all

ProfDogg
November 13th, 2023, 13:09
Not sure if this is a widespread issue or just a me issue, but none of the abilities from ancestries from the Advanced Players Guide for Savage Pathfinder have anything written in them at all

Just tested... no extensions... same observation...

Muagen
November 13th, 2023, 18:57
My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere recently. I didn't find the topic in a forum search.

I'm moving my group from a PF2e campaign to a SWPF campaign and ran into a little bit of a stumbling block. I have been spoiled with read/write Reference Manuals for PF2e. It makes note-taking and modification easier if you can make changes right on the page.

I believe everything I've opened in SWPF has been read-only--the Core Rulebook, the Varisian setting guide, and every book in the Rise of the Runelords AP.

Is there a particular reason for this?

ProfDogg
November 13th, 2023, 20:28
My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere recently. I didn't find the topic in a forum search.

I'm moving my group from a PF2e campaign to a SWPF campaign and ran into a little bit of a stumbling block. I have been spoiled with read/write Reference Manuals for PF2e. It makes note-taking and modification easier if you can make changes right on the page.

I believe everything I've opened in SWPF has been read-only--the Core Rulebook, the Varisian setting guide, and every book in the Rise of the Runelords AP.

Is there a particular reason for this?

I've griped about this before but it is now my understanding that it is apparently Pinnacle's desire it be read-only.

Muagen
November 13th, 2023, 21:15
That's frustrating. :/ I can't even create a Story-entry addendum in line with the existing stuff without copying the entire page and moving it over to Builder.

My guess is that their aim is protecting their IP, but Pinnacle should revisit this decision and determine what removing this functionality actually does to protect their IP. FGU's GUI is a relatively safe walled garden for creators' IP. Certainly safer than a web browser. If I'm accessing a module through FGU, I likely own it. Adding hurdles from there contributes little security and much inconvenience.

Sorry for the rant.

ProfDogg
November 13th, 2023, 21:58
That's frustrating. :/ I can't even create a Story-entry addendum in line with the existing stuff without copying the entire page and moving it over to Builder.

My guess is that their aim is protecting their IP, but Pinnacle should revisit this decision and determine what removing this functionality actually does to protect their IP. FGU's GUI is a relatively safe walled garden for creators' IP. Certainly safer than a web browser. If I'm accessing a module through FGU, I likely own it. Adding hurdles from there contributes little security and much inconvenience.

Sorry for the rant.

Preaching to the choir, friend...

I do a lot of copying and then editing too. It doubles the work but it's doable...

Doswelk
November 14th, 2023, 12:49
I have fixed this and pushed it out, not sure when you will get it...

Reference manuals but their nature are read only, but the NPCs should be editable, in addition, you can copy reference manual pages and edit the copies.

Redemption77
November 17th, 2023, 00:16
The push didnt come with either of the two times I updated yesterday or today so hopefully it fixes soon. Some of the ancestories have stuff from the players guide while others still dont.

Jiminimonka
November 23rd, 2023, 19:53
The push didnt come with either of the two times I updated yesterday or today so hopefully it fixes soon. Some of the ancestories have stuff from the players guide while others still dont.

A lot of the rulesets are frozen for updates at the moment while the latest version of Fantasy Grounds is being updated in the Test channel. Once the Test becomes live the updates will flow, a bit like the bennies. ;)

Swifty0x0
December 27th, 2023, 14:30
Recently, the Paladin abilities are not adding to the character sheet at character creation, or should say, not adding correctly. Looking at the Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Paladin (in the module) only 2 abilities are listed, Code of Honor and Smite Evil. Aura of Courage and Detect Evil are not listed (i.e. no links). Also, the description in the Code of Honor ability is for Aura of Courage, and the description for Smite Evil is for Detect Evil. Is anyone else seeing this?

Current revision that I have is Pathfinder for Savage Worlds (2023-12-12) for Fantasy Grounds. Copyright 2021 Pinnacle Entertainment Group.

Also, tested with all extensions off (even the ones that had no problem before).

Swifty0x0
December 29th, 2023, 05:19
I did further testing on the Class Edges (base classes) from a fresh load of the Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Core Rules module, with only that module loaded and no extensions.

ALL the classes have problems. They're missing links to some of their abilities AND the descriptions of the listed links are for ones that are missing (i.e. wrong descriptions).

Again this is a fresh campaign with ONLY the Pathfinder for Savage Worlds Core Rules module loaded, and no extensions.

Is it a problem with PFSW Core Rules book/module, or is it not loading into FGU correctly?