PDA

View Full Version : Gloves of Missile Snaring

pokingfire
August 18th, 2021, 07:08
While trying to figure out how to input the damage modifier for Gloves of Missile Snaring I stumbled onto a problem with critical rolls.

I input the damage modifier as:
DMG:-1d10 [-DEX], ranged
Targeting: Targets
Expend?: On next action

I then discovered that if the effect was applied to an enemy that rolled a crit the damage modifier would also double.

So far the only solution I've come up with was to create a second effect to be applied in the event of a crit roll.

DMG: -1d10 [-DEX], ranged, critical

Using this method produces a "Total mismatch in damage type totals" but the math has checked out so far. (I've been drinking so who knows I could be wrong here)

This seems to work if the correct effect is applied to the target prior to the damage roll. But I'm wondering if their is a way to condense this to one effect that will work properly regardless of whether a crit is rolled or not?

Zacchaeus
August 18th, 2021, 09:27
I think it's correct that the damage would be doubled when it's a critical hit since FG doesn't really know what the rules are; so all it's looking at is that there's a DMG effect and the NPC has rolled a critical and so all the dice should be rolled.

The easiest way to deal with the critical is instead of applying the effect to the NPC is to roll a d10 in chat and add the dex modifier to that and then add that total as a negative modifier in the modifier box before the NPC rolls for damage.