PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker Will Not Accept New PCs

tpkurilla
August 15th, 2021, 20:57
The Fantasy Grounds Wiki states that to add an Actor to the Combat Tracker: "Drag and drop a PC from the character selection window or character list".

It simply does not work for me.

In the past, I had to add the new character to the Party, then I could add it from there.

But that does not work for me now.

What is preventing me from adding new PCs to the Combat Tracker? (it is kind of important for playing...)

LordEntrails
August 15th, 2021, 21:15
Add them from the top left corner of the window, where all the PC portraits are. Grab the portrait and drag to the Combat Tracker.

I would think you could do it from the selection window, but don't know I've ever tried. If you are doing that, make sure you drag the record icon, default 5E theme looks like a round brown shield.

If neither of those work, make sure you have updated and that you try in a new campaign with all extensions off. And then post some screen shots sowe can help figure out what's going on.

Moon Wizard
August 15th, 2021, 21:35
You add PCs from the Character Selection window (when player not logged in) or the desktop character list (upper left when player logged in and PC activated). Drag either of those to the combat tracker window.

Regards,
JPG

tpkurilla
August 16th, 2021, 00:28
You add PCs from the Character Selection window (when player not logged in) or the desktop character list (upper left when player logged in and PC activated). Drag either of those to the combat tracker window.

Regards,
JPG

As stated in the original post, that is not working for me.

It may be the intended way to do it, but it is not working for me. I've had problems adding PCs before, but but messing with it long enough and/or making sure the character is in the "Party", I was eventually able to get the character into the Combat Tracker.

Since this is not working for me, I'm asking whether there is any "helpful" part of the User Interface that disable adding to the Combat Tracker...and if so, how do I disable it?

Other than that, I have no idea. So I'll need suggestions for alternate approaches.

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2021, 00:41
Are you using any extensions? Perhaps they are interfering with the standard behavior.

Otherwise, you can try providing a campaign that you are using with the exact steps you are following. In that way, we can follow along to see if there is anything not working as expected; or a different set of steps you are following.

Regards,
JPG

tpkurilla
August 16th, 2021, 01:41
Well, I opened a character sheet, then closed the Combat Tracker, and opened it up again.

When I dragged the character portrait from the character sheet, this time is worked.

I do have the "Universal" extension, but haven't been using it because it really didn't do what I wanted.

I'll delete it, and see if that helps.

LordEntrails
August 16th, 2021, 05:15
There are no "helpful" options or setting in the program itself that would do anything like impact adding to the combat tracker. It has to either be an extension, ruleset conflict, or user error. If you are still having problems, please post screen shots and detailed steps to reproduce and post the sample campaign you are using so we can replicate. Thanks :)

damned
August 16th, 2021, 11:46
Please "Compile Logs" and post them here and that will tell us more.

tpkurilla
August 16th, 2021, 23:13
Please "Compile Logs" and post them here and that will tell us more.

Sorry for the ignorance, but how to do I "Compile Logs"?

damned
August 16th, 2021, 23:29
type /console into chat and then click the Compile Logs option.

tpkurilla
August 16th, 2021, 23:39
Since I deleted the Universal Extension, I can't seem to get it to repeat.

If it happens again, I'll do a Compile Logs immediately and post it.

Thank you for all of your assistance. Hopefully it won't happen again!