PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions about FG.

DarkNecrid
August 18th, 2007, 17:58
Hi, I'm new here and was wondering a couple of things about this awesome program!

-Is there any limitations to the non-Full License besides the inability to create custom module content?

-Does FG support 2 PC's fighting each other?

-How simple is the creation of content? Like if I just want to add a new spell, is it going to take hours upon hours?

Thanks!

richvalle
August 18th, 2007, 19:30
1. You also can not host clients.

2. There is no limit on what you can do in FG (d20) as it doesn't automate anything.

3. It doesn't take hours and hours but you do need to muck around inside of xml files. Its not hard (I was able to do it. :) ). Its best to get a free xml editor but I think you can just use notepad if that works for you.

I go in, copy one of the existing spells, paste it back in as a new record and then edit the fields to the new spell. Well, truth is I've never added a new spell but I have added new monsters in fg 1.05. I'm assuming its the same idea.

Someone just created a monster/spell creation tool. I think its in Armory.

rv

Griogre
August 18th, 2007, 19:59
One thing that is not stated is you don't really have to go to the effort to mess with the XML at all. For example, I am a player in a D&D game and I have a few spells not in the SRD. The DM does not like to mess with anything in FG. So what I do is create a note with the spell descrition in it and link it to my spellbook (you can't do this in the demo). If he wants to see the spell I just share the note. It takes as long to type in the note or cut and paste in the info if you have it electroically.

Because FG doesn't have auto resolution of things, if you have voice, like in a game around the table you can just open up the book and read the spell description out loud or just give the page number of the spell and what book.

It's as easy to attack another PC in FG as it is to attack one in a face to face game. There is no particular difference from rolling a die to hit a PC from rolling a die to hit a monster.