PDA

View Full Version : Massive lag for about a month

Atracious
August 13th, 2021, 04:30
As the title says, for the last month or so I have been having massive lag issues. Players can move their tokens around for up to a minute after I lock them, sometimes their tokens don't move for anyone else for just as long. It doesn't appear to be a connection issue, as someone else in the same household with the same connection has no issues. Also several times a session I 'll have to wait up to 20 seconds for FG to start responding again so I can approve a move, or roll an attack or whatever. I am also mostly unable to do anything when multiple characters are moving their tokens unlocked, leading to players stumbling through a room with an encounter before I can request initiative, or make the tokens visible. I have been running this particular campaign for a while, and nothing has changed hardware-wise for anyone. It was a few updates after the new line of sight stuff came out, just started being laggy all the time with no change to what I was using...

I have attached a screenshot of my resource monitor filtered to just fantasy grounds, and nothing is high except my CPU frequency is above 100%.

Zacchaeus
August 13th, 2021, 08:47
You'll need to attach your log files so the devs can take a look.

Most likely causes are too many shared modules, images too big, many LoS occluders on the map you are using, poor or intermittent internet connection with one or more players, anti virus or router throttling FG. Many other possibilities.

knorbet77
August 13th, 2021, 09:39
Also it may not work for everyone but I recently had an optional update for Windows 10 which I ignored for some time but once installed it fixed some long standing graphics issues and removed all my lag problems.

Weissrolf
August 13th, 2021, 10:24
Also several times a session I 'll have to wait up to 20 seconds for FG to start responding again
Watch the clock if this happens every 5 minutes (auto-save interval).