PDA

View Full Version : Apply All Effects From This Spell/Ability Button Does Nothing

Moonunit921
August 12th, 2021, 02:18
I would assume that pressing this button (the asterix) would apply all of the effects of the spell or ability to the target or the caster, but no effects are applied no matter what spell or ability I test it with. Using Core Rules and SR Drag n' Drop. Does this button have no operation?

Trenloe
August 12th, 2021, 05:48
Welcome to the FG forums!

It applies all effects based off stored Save action results, and if there are effects that have a save result tagged to them. It also clears any stored save results and removes any PCROLL effects.

So, you need to have triggered a save action against targets in the CT and also have effects in the same spell that have a save result applied to them.

See this video, starting around 5:00 - https://youtu.be/Scwxi-GHPmM

ShadeRaven
August 12th, 2021, 15:23
Hey Moonunit921! Honestly, that Drag n Drop came way before Trenloe implemented the asterisk (apply effects) to the character sheets so there won't be any associated automation for that feature in that module.

As I go through and revamp that series for those sections that are still useful (spells are not as the CRB now handles everything+ that my Drag n Drop did), when I come across features/powers where that implementation will serve useful, I will try to enact that code there for easier use. :)

As always, if you see anything I missed or have suggestions to make anything more useful, I am more than a willing ear!