PDA

View Full Version : Store Display

tpkurilla
August 11th, 2021, 20:15
Apologies if there is a better place for this, but I did not see one.

The Store interface now displays "sample images" for all of the products being displayed.

The problem is that I cannot just scan down one side to find whether I've already purchased something. That information is buried inside of an internal column at the left, rather than isolated at the right.

So I have to scroll through MANY more screens of info while looking at each entry to see whether I've already purchased it.

I would very much like to decide if I want "Information Overload", or "Summary" style display.

The previous interface had its limitations, but it was compact and easy to scan quickly.

ddavison
August 11th, 2021, 20:34
You can just use the advanced search to hide items that you already purchased.

tpkurilla
August 11th, 2021, 21:48
You can just use the advanced search to hide items that you already purchased.

True enough. But it still doesn't get me away from "Information Overload". There is simply *way* too much plastered on the page.

Think of it as Full Detail For Everything, even though I want to choose what to get full details for.

If this were a "tree" display such as in the file browser, you would be seeing every single file in the file system, with no way to collapse folders to find what you're looking for.

LordEntrails
August 11th, 2021, 22:25
You may wish to see the announcement and discussion here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70008-Store-search-display-updated

tpkurilla
August 14th, 2021, 04:01
Clearly I am in the minority.

I don't like the new Information Overload (with no options to dial it back), but I'm just one person who is picky about User Experience. (filtering is _not_ dialing it back; each entry is still huge)

I guess I will have to optimize my scanning for the new normal.