PDA

View Full Version : Nessun giocatore italiano (no italian players?)

Fusky
August 17th, 2007, 22:50
C'è qualche altro giocatore italiano qui? :-)
E tra questi, qualcuno che voglia iniziare un gruppo italiano?

Andrea

Oberoten
August 18th, 2007, 01:12
C'è qualche altro giocatore italiano qui? :-)
E tra questi, qualcuno che voglia iniziare un gruppo italiano?

Andrea

Let me try my hand at this then...
It is not mockery of the language, just me trying my hand at translating something I have preciously little training in. An object of fascination as it is...

Nessun ... Nessun Dorma would give this is "Boy or Person"?
Giocatore? Actor ... Italiano at the least gives itself.

C'è ... me? I? qualche *hmm* I'd guess on "Wonder" altro "our" giocatore italiano "italian players" qui "are" ?
E tra questi .. it is my quest? quacuno che voglia inziare un grupo italiano.
gruppo ~ Swedish Grupp and English group. Initiare ~ Swedish Initiera = Eng Initiate / Start .

"It is my quest to start a group of italian players" ?

Feel free to mock me now. :)

Hamish
August 18th, 2007, 07:34
Hehehe, okay, this is fun. I'll have a go as well.... May have a bit of an edge, I've had a couple of years of French lessons. Involuntarily I must add.

Nessun - Aren't there
giocatore - player
italiano - Italian

C'è - are there
qualche - any (?)
altro - other
giocatore - players
italiano - Italian
qui? - here? (?)

E tra questi - It's my goal
qualcuno che voglia - (absolutely no ideas here... I'm curious)
iniziare - to start
un gruppo - a group
italiano - Italian

Mellock
August 18th, 2007, 09:27
qualcuno. che. voglia.
someone.that.wants.

So it kind of becomes:
"Are there any other Italian players out here?
And among those, are there any that want to start an Italian group?"

I think. I could have missed a part where he wanted to put eggs in my socks.

Fusky
August 18th, 2007, 09:57
Ok, let's joke :-)

Translation votes:

Oberoten: F (the kid is intelligent but he don't apply on the subject)
Hamish: D- (so and so)
Mellock: A (perfect translation)

Hamish
August 18th, 2007, 17:37
*wonders where Mellock learned to speak Italian, or if he used an online translator*

Mellock
August 18th, 2007, 20:32
Blind luck. :)

Oberoten
August 18th, 2007, 23:44
Ok, let's joke :-)

Translation votes:

Oberoten: F (the kid is intelligent but he don't apply on the subject)
Hamish: D- (so and so)
Mellock: A (perfect translation)

*grins* Admittedly I looked more at it as an example to myself and others why languages tend to be one of the more important skills in any detective style adventure. If you try to fnd a translation with an incomplete knowledge or worse no knowledge at all....

Another translation play :

Finns det några fler Italienska spelare där ute?
I sådant fall, finns det några av dem som är intresserade av att starta en Italiensk grupp?

Mellock
August 19th, 2007, 00:26
Hmm...
I sådant fall, finns det några av dem som är intresserade av att starta en Italiensk grupp?

Allrighty...
Italienska is obvious.
spelara must be similar to Dutch "speler" or German Spieler.
dar ute sounds like "there out", so that will become "out there"
Finns is phonetically much like "find". that may mean that "det" means "you", since verbs and subjects easily pair up. Nagra and fler are a bit of guesswork, but at least Nagra is repeated in the next sentence, and fler may come from context, so that'll work out allright, I hope.

I sadant fall... is an odd combination to have in front of a comma. that means it is either a complete sentence on its own, or an expression. I'm going with the expression, and it's phonetically a lot like "In. such. geval, meaning "In such case", more freely translated, "in that case", or "in any case". i'll see which one I like better later.

Intresserade seems pretty obvious: "interested".
av at startta en Italiensk grupp seems obvious enough also. "to start an italian group". But there's an extra word there. So what's that? Small words are often prepositions and such... and we've had a verb already... So i'm taking my chances that I'm not losing any important information with leaving that out. That leaves "nagra" and "fler" without much context really. But what words can they be? Nagra sounds like Negro, which means black in Spanish, but you're from Sweden, and Swedish is more of a Germanic language. Negro doesn't make sense, it would me more Romanic, yours would sound more like "swarch" or "zwart", I bet. (heh, I suddenly recall a tale about "svartalfar". Did you guys invent the Drow?) I'm going with something less specific. Like "a lot" or "some" or "any". (you're too smart to use pleonasms, I bet, although i'm not sure if there are a lot of idiomatic expressions in Swedish) And "Finns" was already my verb "to find" from the previous sentence. The "ar" must be from "to be interested"

Allright, so what do I have?

"Did you find some Italian players out there?
In that case, did you find any of them that are interested in starting an Italian group?"

Am I lucky again?

scytale2
August 19th, 2007, 00:58
Hmm...

Allrighty...
Italienska is obvious.
Finns is phonetically much like "find". that may mean that "det" means "you", since verbs and subjects easily pair up. Nagra and fler are a bit of guesswork, but at least Nagra is repeated in the next sentence, and fler may come from context, so that'll work out allright, I hope.

I sadant fall... is an odd combination to have in front of a comma. that means it is either a complete sentence on its own, or an expression. I'm going with the expression, and it's phonetically a lot like "In. such. geval, meaning "In such case", more freely translated, "in that case", or "in any case". i'll see which one I like better later.

av at startta en Italiensk grupp seems obvious enough also. "to start an italian group". But there's an extra word there. So what's that? Small words are often prepositions and such... and we've had a verb already... So i'm taking my chances that I'm not losing any important information with leaving that out. That leaves "nagra" and "fler" without much context really. But what words can they be? Nagra sounds like Negro, which means black in Spanish, but you're from Sweden, and Swedish is more of a Germanic language. Negro doesn't make sense, it would me more Romanic, yours would sound more like "swarch" or "zwart", I bet. (heh, I suddenly recall a tale about "svartalfar". Did you guys invent the Drow?) I'm going with something less specific. Like "a lot" or "some" or "any". (you're too smart to use pleonasms, I bet, although i'm not sure if there are a lot of idiomatic expressions in Swedish) And "Finns" was already my verb "to find" from the previous sentence. The "ar" must be from "to be interested"

In that case, did you find any of them that are interested in starting an Italian group?"

Am I lucky again?

Now see what happens when you butter him up?

Oberoten
August 19th, 2007, 09:29
Hmm...

Allrighty...
Italienska is obvious.

That would be corret. Spelare comes from the germanic Spieler. 1pt.

That is also correct. 1pt as well.

Finns is phonetically much like "find". that may mean that "det" means "you", since verbs and subjects easily pair up.

Alas, "finns" is the Swedish equivalent of "is" and this throws the reasoning of track. 0pt.

Nagra and fler are a bit of guesswork, but at least Nagra is repeated in the next sentence, and fler may come from context, so that'll work out allright, I hope.

av at startta en Italiensk grupp seems obvious enough also. "to start an italian group". But there's an extra word there. So what's that? Small words are often prepositions and such... and we've had a verb already... So i'm taking my chances that I'm not losing any important information with leaving that out. That leaves "nagra" and "fler" without much context really. But what words can they be? Nagra sounds like Negro, which means black in Spanish, but you're from Sweden, and Swedish is more of a Germanic language. Negro doesn't make sense, it would me more Romanic, yours would sound more like "swarch" or "zwart", I bet. (heh, I suddenly recall a tale about "svartalfar". Did you guys invent the Drow?)

Heh... Svartalfar are not exactly drow. They are more like... the small and unfortunate and not very clean cousins of the Orcs... Snaga maybe?

I'm going with something less specific. Like "a lot" or "some" or "any". (you're too smart to use pleonasms, I bet, although i'm not sure if there are a lot of idiomatic expressions in Swedish) And "Finns" was already my verb "to find" from the previous sentence. The "ar" must be from "to be interested"

"Några fler" is indeed "Any more" 1pt.
Sorry there is no points for flattery though.
är ~ is 0pt.

Am I lucky again?

But, yes I am actually impressed. A- for the slight failures, but all stemmed from the same misstake initially. Sound reasoning all the way through.

As the saying goes. Close but no cigarr. I just translated Fusky's initial question to Swedish actually. (Oh and sorry about hijacking your thread Fusky... Think of it as bumping in several languages? )

a.Game.of.Thrones
May 16th, 2014, 23:42
Eccomi in caso tu stia ancora cercando giocatori italiani, ho comprato ieri il programma

a.Game.of.Thrones
June 6th, 2014, 20:04
https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/0/540742667929776954/?tscn=1401928329